Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I would gladly live on an island Grace. To just pack it all in and find myself a little cottage beside the sea with hardly another person around :) You are lucky to have found home.

Oh I know. I give daily thanks. But then I had nothing to pack in. When I was advised no more 12 hour days trading? Nothing to tie me to any place. Heading for 80 and need here.

Mind you it has its moments! BUT I can close down and then I say I do not live in Ireland but in the State of Grace... It will get even more meaningful soon as I cannot replace my worn out ancient car so will be wondrously 100% islanded .

May you find peace

Autosport wrote: »
    I'm a devil on Amazon and EBay :D Now finally homeside and hitting the Couchside and my favourite man :)

I rarely buy online and now it has to be by post as the couriers do not come across and also demand a phone number which I do not give to anyone. NB Rarely if ever can afford so these are safety nets!

Planning if the ferryman my good neighbour agrees, an Away Day.... Had too many hectic shopping and business days recently ... Heading north ..... bag of chips and a cup of coffee and a deserted wild beach.... oh and a ruined abbey or two....please God the car obliges; had to jump start it last time ....

meanwhile abed, trying to get my feet warm

Just awake and don't want to get up, 8 more working days before I get my Christmas hols and it seems like a lifetime..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

UHG multi storey car park......roll on the holidays......or the right decision lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Deskside, alone at the office, came in early to try and get a head start.

Feel like I've been dropped in the s*ite with absolutely no training. Boss out til Midweek. Others are too busy to help so don't really know what do do :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Doggie a bit under the weather this morning, going to the vets.
    He ate none of his feed yesterday, I didn't notice it until this morning, hope he isn't too bad, but he is pretty down in himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Train to work

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

On the bus. Achey but only one more night...

northgirl wrote: »
    Deskside, alone at the office, came in early to try and get a head start.

Feel like I've been dropped in the s*ite with absolutely no training. Boss out til Midweek. Others are too busy to help so don't really know what do do :confused:

Just do your best? We have great faith in you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

Waiting room in Dermatology Dept in Limerick University Hospital..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

4Ad wrote: »

Hope whatever is going on goes well..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

4Ad wrote: »

Hope whatever is going on goes well..

Fingers crossed...on goi g problem thats getting worse..
    But compared to some people it's not too bad..

Graces7 wrote: »
    I rarely buy online and now it has to be by post as the couriers do not come across and also demand a phone number which I do not give to anyone. NB Rarely if ever can afford so these are safety nets!

Planning if the ferryman my good neighbour agrees, an Away Day.... Had too many hectic shopping and business days recently ... Heading north ..... bag of chips and a cup of coffee and a deserted wild beach.... oh and a ruined abbey or two....please God the car obliges; had to jump start it last time ....

meanwhile abed, trying to get my feet warm

Alas and alack.... not out until Thursday.... ferryman leery of car not starting after last time's performance and could not bring me home as he has business over... so he is taking the battery to recharge..the weather should hold. Hate having to rearrange; was hoping for a calmer week..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

KL airport waiting to board my flight to Doha. It's a very full flight which is always more worrying for me with my allergies.

I tried to book the last row but it wasn't available. Then they moved someone from a seat and put me there at check in but when got to the gate they moved me again to row 10. So stressed. Hate having people behind me and potentially breathing nut dust on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Again, sitting up in bed trying to persuade myself to go to the gym. Why couldn’t I just be one of those people who actually likes the gym?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Again, sitting up in bed trying to persuade myself to go to the gym. Why couldn’t I just be one of those people who actually likes the gym?

source.gifI know that later i'll be in the same boat when it comes to motivating myself to run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Heading for the airport.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    source.gifI know that later i'll be in the same boat when it comes to motivating myself to run

I don’t get how people just get up and do it. I have to sit there for about 10 minutes and think about how much I don’t wanna do it first :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Kitty6277 wrote:
    I don’t get how people just get up and do it. I have to sit there for about 10 minutes and think about how much I don’t wanna do it first

Best off to just get out before the body realises what's going on.

Arrivals lounge; flight delayed. :(

• Advertisement

Sitting in the car eating a brownie and drinking a coffee. Also I can't wait until Thursday because it's.................DO NOTHING DAY!!!!!!

:D

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Best off to just get out before the body realises what's going on.

That’s one I might try next time. I’m still having trouble with my ankle so I’m gonna go to the doctor today and get it checked before I do anymore

Kitty6277 wrote: »

can you not find something that you enjoy as exercise? Life is not meant to be all pain! Some kind of dancing? Cycling?

Graces7 wrote: »
    can you not find something that you enjoy as exercise? Life is not meant to be all pain! Some kind of dancing? Cycling?

I do yoga and I really enjoy that, but perhaps I will try to find something that I would enjoy more :)

The eagle has landed. There's a great atmosphere here in the airport. And a nice afternoon for the drive home.

Almost out of bed as 4 of the cats are atop the bed... gradually squeezing me out and blissfully unawares... Number 5 went outside. She is the independent one. ockard....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Just in from work.
    Picked up the dog from the vets on the way home, vet says he has kidney failure, prognosis not good.
    We will watch him for a week or so and if he doesent respond to the treatment he is on then it will be best to have him humanely put down.
    No appetite myself now and will have to tell the others when they come in.
    Bad week ahead as I suspect from the vets tone it will only end one way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m really sad to read that Edward, I’m very very sorry. I am so scared of the day something happens to my boys. It will probably end me. I have no doubt you gave your dog the best life he could have had, and I’m sure you will make whatever time he has left extra special. :( that’s so sad

Edward M wrote: »
    Just in from work.
    Picked up the dog from the vets on the way home, vet says he has kidney failure, prognosis not good.
    We will watch him for a week or so and if he doesent respond to the treatment he is on then it will be best to have him humanely put down.

:(

I'm sorry Edward. It's very sad to say goodbye to a loved pet. Make his final days special x

• Advertisement

Edward M wrote: »
    Just in from work.

Edward, I've been there a few times and it never is easy. So sorry.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement