Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Edward, so sorry to hear that. :(

On the couch (again?? Lol) watching home alone with the babies, stove is hopping and the bellies are full. Next stop bedtime.

@gifted, this'll sound silly, I've never cooked celeriac before but I'd love to try it.. How do you? Can I have a recipe? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,164 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Finished in Dubai, bloody difficult day, does anyone know of another job that gives you a 5 hour work check every 6 months, and one mistake can lead to termination?

Guess that I was lucky as I'm here with the only other foreigner in our company :)

@Edward, so sorry to hear about your dog. I have had two put down as their quality of life had diminished due to age, the vet came to the house to do it so everything was normal. Is that permitted in Ireland?

@Grace7.... have you considered disconnecting the battery when you leave the car?

Edward, so sorry to hear about your doggy, it's heartbreaking when it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

smurfjed wrote: »
    @Edward, so sorry to hear about your dog. I have had two put down as their quality of life had diminished due to age, the vet came to the house to do it so everything was normal. Is that permitted in Ireland?

It is.
    He is following me around as usual, but very slowly, he has deteriorated even since morning and I'm anxious now.
    I won't leave it too long if he just keeps going down.
    He is not very old, 12 I think.
    He was a present from the kids after my last one died.
    He has never been a house dog, but is always at the door to meet me every time I go in or out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Edward , I'm so sorry about your dog .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Home at last!
    Be glad 0of the stretch of the legs!. Don't forget some duty free for me ;)

How could I ever forget you ;-)
    Only 7 odd hours from home!! Sounds like the worst part of the journey is over. Safe trip seph
    Safe travels <3
    Bring me back some Toblerone :D

Too kind ladies :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Who's cutting onions here :( Edward I'm so sorry to hear your news and I'm sure doggy knows he is loved and cherished. It's a heartbreaking decision to make but you know it's the right thing to do (hugs)

Homeside after a crazy day :)!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Edward M wrote: »
    Just in from work.
    Picked up the dog from the vets on the way home, vet says he has kidney failure, prognosis not good.
    We will watch him for a week or so and if he doesent respond to the treatment he is on then it will be best to have him humanely put down.
    No appetite myself now and will have to tell the others when they come in.
    Bad week ahead as I suspect from the vets tone it will only end one way.

That's heartbreaking :'( real sorry to hear this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Edward M wrote: »
    It is.
    He is following me around as usual, but very slowly, he has deteriorated even since morning and I'm anxious now.
    I won't leave it too long if he just keeps going down.
    He is not very old, 12 I think.
    He was a present from the kids after my last one died.
    He has never been a house dog, but is always at the door to meet me every time I go in or out.

Sorry your in this situation, the only bad part about having a furry friend.

Give him all his favourite treats, cuddles and chats. Sounds cliche but you'll know when it's time.

Thinking of ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

@Edward.

Sorry to hear that. Been there a few times & it is not easy. Pets are emotionslly more a part of families than some humans are.

Give him a few ear scratches and rubs from me.

Finished in Dubai, bloody difficult day, does anyone know of another job that gives you a 5 hour work check every 6 months, and one mistake can lead to termination?

Guess that I was lucky as I'm here with the only other foreigner in our company :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrP-_T-h9YM

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside in Cyprus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Home after a mental day and still some work to do this evening so I can keep ahead! Keep telling myself just it'll be worth it so I will be off for 2 weeks at Christmas, but I am wrecked.
    But first a Wispa and a cup of tea, think I deserve it 😀

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ed i'm so sorry. So, so hard to let go.. Thinking of you all.

Workside, tried to get a shift swap but no one would budge, irritated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

cbyrd wrote: »
    Edward, so sorry to hear that. :(

On the couch (again?? Lol) watching home alone with the babies, stove is hopping and the bellies are full. Next stop bedtime.

@gifted, this'll sound silly, I've never cooked celeriac before but I'd love to try it.. How do you? Can I have a recipe? :)

Neither had I..lol lol......they were on special in Aldi so I thought I'd try them......they look like an old persons testicles but they taste fabulous..lol lol

Cut it up into chunks and simmer it in milf with some garlic, when you can put a knife through the chunks drain it.....blitz with a hand blender...add some butter and grated nutmeg......you can thank Google for the recipe lol lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

gifted wrote: »
    Neither had I..lol lol......they were on special in Aldi so I thought I'd try them......they look like an old persons testicles but they taste fabulous..lol lol

Cut it up into chunks and simmer it in milf with some garlic, when you can put a knife through the chunks drain it.....blitz with a hand blender...add some butter and grated nutmeg......you can thank Google for the recipe lol lol

Exactly the typo one would expect from Gifted :pac::D

Just catching up here.. Skitting, has to be post of the day. Wondering what job he's researching for. 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Tbf, I wouldn't mind if I was simmering in a milf now and all !

• Advertisement

Tbf, I wouldn't mind if I was simmering in a milf now and all !

Meet your sister!.

Meet your sister!.

I know I'm a bit of a perv... but ..... simmering in my own sister!....jaysus :D

I thought Grem was male :eek:

Now couchside watching Poirot and reading notes

Auto, you aren't the first to think so and unlikely to be the last

Autosport wrote: »
    I thought Grem was male :eek:

Now couchside watching Poirot and reading notes

Gurl !! Where you been...this thread is choc full of the gays...even I feel fabulous when I wander in here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Gurl !! Where you been...this thread is choc full of the gays...even I feel fabulous when I wander in here!

Full of fabulous people on here.
    A caring thread, thank s for all the good wishes tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

TH that Grem has shaken of the weekend bug and is back in rude health :D

Auto, you aren't the first to think so and unlikely to be the last

Grem you are a lovely lady :)

Oh no don’t tell me your female or non binary gender :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Finished in Dubai, bloody difficult day, does anyone know of another job that gives you a 5 hour work check every 6 months, and one mistake can lead to termination?.......

Hope whats sauce for the goose is also sauce for the dodgy native FOs ;)

( I have a very strong belief that medics should be subject to a similar regime )

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement