Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    So sorry to hear that Edward. :(

I know it might not feel it right now, but you did the right thing. The poor mite was suffering.

Don't rush to try and replace him, give the family time to grieve.

Tnx.
    No, no hurry replacing him, I've told them all no xmas pressie of dog or anything stupid like that.
    I will replace him but will take my time.
    I've always had a dog, but never spent as much time with any as this lad.
    It spoiled my Liverpool night and that takes a lot.
    Didn't even watch, spent the evening in the workshop, but caught the goal on am.
    Enjoy tonight's game, a bit of craic there anyway as city are through.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Slept around 15 hours with a brief spell awake to call home... hate hypersomnia and it does not refresh. Tired to the bone so every small thing is a huge worry.

Making an executive decision to send for an extra grocery delivery today; was due to be over Friday but the weather is closing in. Will send and apologise afterwards if necessary! Play the "old lady " card!l More for the cats than for me. Do not want to defrost the turkey yet...

Yawn!

Edward M wrote: »
    Having my tea and toast watching am.
    Doggie deteriorated rapidly yesterday to the point of leaking blood, vet came and we ended his suffering then.
    Made him a little coffin and we laid him down last night with a marker.
    Going to work shortly, no heart for much today.

Aahhh, so sorry Ed

Well! Had the "email of the week"! emailed a neighbour who usuall y goes to the shopping, as last week things went wrong, only to be told he cannot help

" As I am in LITHUANIA"

There is no answer to that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Doggie deteriorated rapidly yesterday to the point of leaking blood, vet came and we ended his suffering then.
    Really sorry :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,554 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Sitting in a school hall with roughly 300 other parents waiting to see my son in his nativity play.

Of the 300 parents i would say 80% of them have hacking coughs, and this is before 100 little germbags come on stage to add to the biological soup that is currently floating around.

If i don't make it through this folks, it's been a blast :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

... waiting to see my sin in his nativity play.

I assume, and hope, that's a typo. :)

Gathering up the books, for a trip to the library..

Sitting in a school hall with roughly 300 other parents waiting to see my sin in his nativity play.

Of the 300 parents i would say 80% of them have hacking coughs, and this is before 100 little germbags come on stage to add to the biological soup that is currently floating around.

If i don't make it through this folks, it's been a blast :(

hmmmmmmm ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m so sorry to hear that :(

I’m back bedside after going to the doctors to make an appointment for later today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm gutted to hear that, hope you're doing alright.

I'm in stoopid work and way too productive for someone who is so tired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Packing my stuff to visit a friend by bus. My thighs are still hurting too much after moving boxes last weekend.:P

Transporting empty and cleaned jam glases on my bicycle wouldn’t be a good idea anyway. Hopefully i’ll get fresh and full ones on my way back.:pac:

Hopefully i can order a brandnew MiFi router as well. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I'm so sorry. Can't imagine the pain. Thinking of you..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I'm so sorry Edward. Hard at any time if the year but especially Christmas..

I'm on the couch having breakfast. Physio is here in an hour and I still have to vacuum. I'm flipping knackered after my midnight housework foray. Otherwise a quiet day planned. (hopefully I haven't jinxed myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

So sorry for your loss, time is a healer and always remember the good times xxxx

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh Edward I'm so sorry. My heart really goes out to you, I'm glad you did the right thing as unbearably hard as it is.. All the hugs and best wishes to you and your family..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Heartbreaking news Edward. It's never easy to lose a much loved pet.

Waiting outside the bank for me mammy before we go tear up the shops in Armagh.

Fire lit so soon be warmer.... New boy cat has proved his worth as he alerted me to a spider almost above my head.....Y'day, could not find the smaller girl. KNEW she had been in the kitchen.. searched everywhere, then just as I was leaving, spotted her right atop the tall cupboard against the roof.. she is a leaper and a climber. Very tired.

Tnx.
    No, no hurry replacing him, I've told them all no xmas pressie of dog or anything stupid like that.
    I will replace him but will take my time.
    I've always had a dog, but never spent as much time with any as this lad.
    It spoiled my Liverpool night and that takes a lot.
    Didn't even watch, spent the evening in the workshop, but caught the goal on am.
    Enjoy tonight's game, a bit of craic there anyway as city are through.

Edward. I realised I had not responded. Was mailing a thread over on Pets about a cat who died last night and it was hard.... So sorry and you are right to wait. I lost a dog and a cat the same weekend not too long ago and am still hurting but it is a little different now. Blessings and peace

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Waiting outside school in the freezing cold. I notice it's harder to get warm without my 2 and a half stone of fat :D
    I left early so I could get the kk presents I got notified about on Monday so.. Mad rush to post off this evening in the last parcel Post. And I'm done.
    Yay

Lol, there's always next week :D

Kitchenside with my flatmates, Christmas dinner in the oven and sipping on mulled wine! Happy Christmas!

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear your news Edward but at least he's no longer suffering and you gave him the best of care x

Enjoy your dindins Kitty.

Just home, knew I should have gone for groceries but couldn't face the crowds and the parking shenanigans.. Is it too early in the week to get my weekend takeaway I wonder, there isn't even a spud in the house.

bedwards after slaughtering the CO2 alarm... exhausted. killed it dead.. I hope!

Feels colder today than of late so am hunkering down early... ish.

Have a blessed evening with good food!

Sorry to hear your news Edward but at least he's no longer suffering and you gave him the best of care x

Enjoy your dindins Kitty.

Just home, knew I should have gone for groceries but couldn't face the crowds and the parking shenanigans.. Is it too early in the week to get my weekend takeaway I wonder, there isn't even a spud in the house.

Thank you! Probably missing dinner with everyone else because I had to come back to the doctor, but I can’t wait to get home and stuff my face :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

That's tough reading Edward, had 2 dogs over the years that had to put down, it's heartbreaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sofa, in lounge pants, and a hoodie.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Went for soup and sammiches followed by a few pints but too sick for drink so home with lemsip for me..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Back in my usual Arabian desert hotel wondering if I shall go see Enrique Iglesias tomorrow night or the Black Eyed Peas on Friday.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Back in my usual Arabian desert hotel wondering if I shall go see Enrique Iglesias tomorrow night or the Black Eyed Peas on Friday.

Oh my god.
    Clearly Enrique.
    The beautiful man..........

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Christmas shopping done. Now enjoying a solo pint to congratulate myself on an accomplished mission.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside , tired, two hours sleep last night, time for na........zzzzzzzzz 😴

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement