Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Warming up on the bike in the gym. The week off did my shoulder good. Its absolutely baltic. I have 3 hours free when I get out of here.. Woohoo. There'll be smoke coming off my card :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Never mind the banshee I’m traumatized at the rat, I’d be bringing the banshee in for tea if she could protect me from the rat!
    Werkkk

lol.... actually they say you are all always near rats. And it was dead. Hated it being brought in but the cat did a grand job and was giving it to me as a gift.

Not going to make him think he did bad!

And it was dead. would have been a different story else!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Costa Picadilly Gardens, wondering if Beasty is lurking here.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Buside after appointment in town

Never mind the banshee I’m traumatized at the rat, I’d be bringing the banshee in for tea if she could protect me from the rat!
    Werkkk

I could protect ya 😏😎😎

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Graces7 wrote: »
    lol.... actually they say you are all always near rats. And it was dead. Hated it being brought in but the cat did a grand job and was giving it to me as a gift.

Not going to make him think he did bad!

And it was dead. would have been a different story else!
    They do say that. And I grew up in the country so have no business being scared of them but even if one ran out in front of me in the car I’d swerve my car so that I wouldn’t be “over” a rat or get it’s blood on my wheels. I can’t even pick up brand new mouse traps in a box in a shop because I’m so creeped out. It’s a full on phobia. I’d lose my life if I had to actually go near a dead or alive one. Holy god!

Thank you Seph. <3

Still in work. Smothered

• Advertisement

I had to euthanize a mouse that an old dog had just stunned before.
    Dopey dog was scared of mouse squealing

Not a big fan of them in any shape or form.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In bed wondering, as I do every year, where all this feckin snot comes from..

Sample a few different liquids/foods & see does in flow through to quantity and texture. :p

Manchester airport waiting to head homeward.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

They do say that. And I grew up in the country so have no business being scared of them but even if one ran out in front of me in the car I’d swerve my car so that I wouldn’t be “over” a rat or get it’s blood on my wheels. I can’t even pick up brand new mouse traps in a box in a shop because I’m so creeped out. It’s a full on phobia. I’d lose my life if I had to actually go near a dead or alive one. Holy god!

Thank you Seph. <3

Still in work. Smothered

Snap....hate the fecking things...even dead rats....most disgusting creatures on this earth.....if a cat brought one into me I'd scream louder than the banshee......looking around me even as I write this..

UHG hospital.....

gifted wrote: »
    Snap....hate the fecking things...even dead rats....most disgusting creatures on this earth.....if a cat brought one into me I'd scream louder than the banshee......looking around me even as I write this..

UHG hospital.....

Abed after negotiating my shopping .... the boat was late due to the weather and folk were panicking....the next day or two are going to be bad weather wise so needed to get it in.

A dead rat is just a dead critter. Why the terror? Best dead are rats. A couple of weeks ago my biggest cat killed one the size of a large kitten. Just shovelled it up and got rid.

There are some things in this life I am scared of but a dead rodent is not one of them.

And many keep pet rats... No not for me but thankfully I am fine with the wildlife here! And great that my cats are ridding the place of them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

That could be the fear actually grace. My mothers friend had two boys, one three months older than me and one three months older than my brother, so I was the only girl. I was better friends with the older boy and my bro better friends with the younger boy. The two brats used to tease me and the older boy relentlessly and tell our mams that they saw us kissing. So the older boy was meaner to me, so instead of it being two against two it was now three against one. One time they put horse sh1t in my hair and one held me down while the other two smeared me with it. Anyway - this one evening we were in their house and they’d got two pet rats. White ones with red eyes. I was terrified of them but it was grand because I stayed out of their way. Was sitting watching Telly on my own when one of them put their pet rat on my head and I can still remember the feeling of it’s tail on my neck. My brother would put squished up used tea bags in mice traps and leave them in my dolls house or my dolls buggy or in my bed or chase me with it and that is probably why I’m deathly afraid of them. Even dead ones, bok. No Way! Couldn’t.

I am taking a short break

That could be the fear actually grace. My mothers friend had two boys, one three months older than me and one three months older than my brother, so I was the only girl. I was better friends with the older boy and my bro better friends with the younger boy. The two brats used to tease me and the older boy relentlessly and tell our mams that they saw us kissing. So the older boy was meaner to me, so instead of it being two against two it was now three against one. One time they put horse sh1t in my hair and one held me down while the other two smeared me with it. Anyway - this one evening we were in their house and they’d got two pet rats. White ones with red eyes. I was terrified of them but it was grand because I stayed out of their way. Was sitting watching Telly on my own when one of them put their pet rat on my head and I can still remember the feeling of it’s tail on my neck. My brother would put squished up used tea bags in mice traps and leave them in my dolls house or my dolls buggy or in my bed or chase me with it and that is probably why I’m deathly afraid of them. Even dead ones, bok. No Way! Couldn’t.

I am taking a short break

Yep; that'll do it... I am much the same with wasps as some charming kids once trapped me in the school toilets and stuffed half a dead wasp down my neck . I screamed so loud they got scared and ran for help!

Have a sustaining break..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just finished another 14 hour day, I’m shattered.

Formula E Grand Prix weekend, so lots of big wigs dropping in, also quite amazing to see 3 nights of western megastar concerts. This place is certainly changing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Computer Lab

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Burger King, said I’d treat myself tonight :D

Back in damp Ireland, gonna work from home tomorrow.

Body does be tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Graces7 wrote: »
    Abed after negotiating my shopping .... the boat was late due to the weather and folk were panicking....the next day or two are going to be bad weather wise so needed to get it in.

A dead rat is just a dead critter. Why the terror? Best dead are rats. A couple of weeks ago my biggest cat killed one the size of a large kitten. Just shovelled it up and got rid.

There are some things in this life I am scared of but a dead rodent is not one of them.

And many keep pet rats... No not for me but thankfully I am fine with the wildlife here! And great that my cats are ridding the place of them.

Reminds me of the story told hereabouts about my neighbour who used to get a bit flustered while speaking. He had rats in his sheds and borrowed a neighbours cat to get rid of them.
    The neighbour enquired of him after mass how the cat was getting on.
    He replied, ti's a great cat, I was standing in the brush this morning with the byre door in my fist, when the cat ran across the rat with a dead yard in his mouth.
    In the kitchen now, having a goulash which was left ready for me. Cold and tired, it's a welcome dinner.

After having the day from hell, from the minute I got up this morning.. Ridiculous stress levels and felt like crying at times.. People are gone so fcuking unreasonable.. Happy Christmas my arse.. Heading to my class shortly and going to have a pint of wine later.ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

After having the day from hell, from the minute I got up this morning.. Ridiculous stress levels and felt like crying at times.. People are gone so fcuking unreasonable.. Happy Christmas my arse.. Heading to my class shortly and going to have a pint of wine later.ffs

Be well gorgeous...well...as gorgeous as a Cork bird can possibly be! :D

But I feel your pain...have told everyone fck off today....some little bastard punched my daughter in the face at school today...I have given the head until Monday to sort it....if not....well....all I say is I can be a proper bastard when I want to be....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Hope you ok Duvet.......

Obviously your getting a sympathetic drop of the hand....lol.lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm going to be offline for hours this evening. Pub quiz..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Couch. Have a craving for Chinese. Food that is not the mans.
    No cash tho so will have a root in the freezer for something.

Stress; pre Christmas stress they have. Eejits. Same here on a lesser level. What I went through to get the shopping sorted and delivered today!!!!!!!! From me to thee..

HAPPY CHRISTMAS, and I mean it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,545 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Just home from a "which do you want first, the good news or the bad news?" type appointment. :rolleyes:

If they're asking, the "I just want to be left alone news" would be my preference. ;) :pac:

Where am I? Breathing in the peace of no wind and no rain. AAAAHHHHHHHHH!

Also managed to get my shopping in, and whatever the weather throws our way now? All I need for my quiet Christmas..

No chocolate or treats or pudding, or cake, as I forgot , but at a pinch I have ingredients.

All is well...tomorrow and Saturday are terrible forecasts but tonight is peace. Gate closed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside with hwb as Grace would say. Can’t get warm this evening for some reason. Watching Iron Man 2 and have very few plans to move for the evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Kitchen, waiting for the daddy to arrive home with food for the masses. The baby of the family has arrived home for a few days so we're having a lazy family evening. We've just finished It's a Wonderful Life and I am being mercilessly bullied for letting some water slip out of my eyes towards the end. Oh, the joys of being the only girl in a family of boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Finally getting to sit down after a day of Christmas shopping, gift wrapping, cake icing , mlnce pie making etc etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Getting down to business here, young wan, gosson and myself are going to put up tree, lights and decos inside tonight.
    Mrs off to bingo so we will have all done when she gets back, you couldnt listen to her if she was here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fortwilliam

Denver Colorado.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement