Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

About to paint the nails for tomorrow night as I know if I don't do it now it just won't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Sitting after dinner at the bar. I had noodles with a one chilli rating and my mouth is on fire. Drank my wine a bit fast so think I need another one :pac:
    A bit of Christmas shopping tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Sitting after dinner at the bar. I had noodles with a one chilli rating and my mouth is on fire. Drank my wine a bit fast so think I need another one :pac:
    A bit of Christmas shopping tomorrow

Better make it three just be on the safe side poochie :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

At home making dinner, alone, very sad at failing a college assessment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m at home thrilled with life. The baby dog had snots in his eyes today when I got in from work. Obviously when I see that I worry that there’s an ulcer, so I went to the bathroom to get some cotton pads to clean it and he followed me. So I put the lid of the toiletseat down and pointed at it and he actually sat on the toilet while I cleaned his face. I swear to god I couldn’t be prouder than I am right now. It’s like seeing my first born graduate from Harvard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Am I welcome here? :D Lot's of familiar peeps. Just out of the home based work place (work/deskside) as you call it and feeling exhausted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

On the couch. Hectic day doing feck all but loads at the same time. Thursday always seems to be a bit mental. Another 2.5lbs gone.. Fecking yay. That's 2 stone 8lbs altogether thank you very much and a party on Saturday night. :D can't wait to wear my 'other' new dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Edward M wrote: »
    Having my tea and toast watching am.
    Doggie deteriorated rapidly yesterday to the point of leaking blood, vet came and we ended his suffering then.
    Made him a little coffin and we laid him down last night with a marker.
    Going to work shortly, no heart for much today.

So sorry for your loss xx

Have a terminally ill dog here too and know we will be facing a similar situation.
    Hugs to you

Planned out in bed, my ears feel full, my nose is totally blocked, my eyes are so swollen they’re barely open. I’m not sick, just stuffed with a head cold and I’m literally here wondering if I could cope with the excitement of neilmed at almost 2am. I know my ears will pop like crazy. My nose will be fresh. It sounds so good but do I need to be so excited at 2am? Neilmed is my favorite.

Edit. As neilmed experiences go, it was a bad one. The temp of the water was slightly too warm. My ears didn’t pop properly, now I have a pain from one ear going down my neck and up into my eye socket, the other one is just piercing. Don’t feel like I’ve a clean nose cause I’m snuffley again. And my head is spinning from my ears,

Bah humbug. It’s a sad night a young one can’t have a decent nasal irrigation experience

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

In bed. Awake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Abed with hwb of course.. where else on a winter morning.. the hordes are fed and busy washing themselves with chicken flavoured spit :rolleyes:

Got so involved with them I burnt my already small cooked breakfast,,, ah well, carbon is good for us?

Yesterday was chaos; missed my calling as a negotiator! Between the ferryman, the community bus driver and the manager at the supermarket.. ..I sat here abed coordinating!

All in now that I need.. I even have mince pies thanks to a boardsie so a splendid Christmas here... Sunday will put up what I put up... Today and tomorrow are splat days! oh anyone want knitting done I am available and bored!

And I keep thinking of last year when I had no ESB and no internet. Just a wee battery radio... Utter luxury now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

About to go on a date with a cute Aussie girl that I have already canned twice for legitimate reasons. She is genuine and lovely but issues at home are getting on top of me and my mindset is not up for it.

I wish people/family members would think of the wider consequences of their actions as the continuing stress of this **** has affected my career, relationships and general wellbeing.

The last day is here! Woke to a blanket of snow, but seems to be only short delays at the airport, a lot of internationals leaving here today, hopefully delays gone by lunch, I only have a 50 minute connection time!!

Kinda sad to leave my home for the last 18 months, but I got such a great opportunity getting seconded here. I tried for 13 years before success!
    Back to the real world now......& my real job I guess!

& back to my family & friends, my nephew doesn't really know me anymore & my niece was born after I left....looking forward to being good buddies in the future!

& lastly.....my old dog, missed him more than anything & even though he is pretty smart, I don't think he understood what was happening when I went home to visit & left again!
    Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Samsgirl wrote: »
    So sorry for your loss xx

Have a terminally ill dog here too and know we will be facing a similar situation.
    Hugs to you

Hugs back, I feel your pain.
    Having my tea and toast, made some extra as gosson is showering for off and mine won't be available for stealing today.
    Have a sort of crick in my neck, using mams old cure, heated salt in a sock wrapped around it.
    An hour of that before I go to work.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ChikiChiki wrote: »

I wish people/family members would think of the wider consequences of their actions as the continuing stress of this **** has affected my career, relationships and general wellbeing.

Amen to this, my man child brother is like that, selfish nob, only cares about one thing, doesn't give a hoot who he hurts.
    bubblypop wrote: »
    The last day is here! Woke to a blanket of snow, but seems to be only short delays at the airport, a lot of internationals leaving here today, hopefully delays gone by lunch, I only have a 50 minute connection time!!

50 minutes? And there I was.complaining about a two hour connection time, that is incredibly tight!

I'm bedside ,got six hours s!eep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Train to work - Newbridge now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Trying to convince myself to get up.. Its not working. It'll be another drive them to school with my hat on hoping no one cam see me :D

It's Friday \0/

Work, think I have a throat infection because I gagged when I was brushing my tongue and loads of blood came out of my mouth. ****sake

At the hairdressers for the big job cut and colour, probably won't get out till 12ish.. Oh to be a bald man lol this will cost me a fortune... Also the troops have a halfer so I have to collect them after this.. No retail therapy this morning.

at peace after all the needful work is done,... fuel in , and it is lovely and fresh out there.... sweet wild day. happy!

• Advertisement

Deskside have tae.

At the hairdressers for the big job cut and colour, probably won't get out till 12ish.. Oh to be a bald man lol this will cost me a fortune... Also the troops have a halfer so I have to collect them after this.. No retail therapy this morning.

Tell them walk home and you go off and buy yourself presents!

and buy something for me too :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Can't beat a bald man.....Ooohh....smoothhh lol lol

Going to break for lunch. Sheesh what a morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Having my hair done. Having a coffee and relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,166 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

At the tech desk backing up and formatting Hard Drives. A laborious slog. On a positive note, I'm home alone for the weekend and fancy the rarity that is self indulgence.:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Just back from the Christmas concert at the school. Plenty of hot moms around :p

Half asleep listening to carols. Soporific weather.... yawn..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Cyprus, our last day here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

On the sofa, wrecked but mind wandering

• Advertisement

Deskside. Couting down the hours now til I can just go and get ready and get into the pub. Argh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement