Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

In my local watching some mates playing music. Had a hectic day so will be for home soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Waging war against a fcuking boiler on the blink back working now fingers crossed.
    Stepping into the shower then bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Finally homeside, had a crazy day and evening and going to get my Christmas shopping finished tomorrow :)

Hope NG had a great party :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Waking up in my usual hotel, so time for the gym, hope to get a haircut have lunch and then spend the next 12 hours flying around.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »
    Waking up in my usual hotel, so time for the gym, hope to get a haircut have lunch and then spend the next 12 hours flying around.

There he goes! Wings spread wide!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Having some toast, feeling a bit woozy, but not bad really.
    Having had a quick survey around the ranch and a look at the weather, it's back to bed, i miss having the dog so much.

Edward M wrote: »
    Having some toast, feeling a bit woozy, but not bad really.
    Having had a quick survey around the ranch and a look at the weather, it's back to bed, i miss having the dog so much.

Ah I know the feeling well. Cannot bear to go for a walk. Did it once when needed greenery, and it was heartbreaking ...kept looking for her and thinking how she would have loved it and how unfair it was..

abed, waiting for daylight which is very slow a-coming today.pottering.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,379 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying in bed listening to the storm outside

Got up and had a coffee, back in bed with the heating on listening to the rain.. Being taken out for brekkie around 10.30am by a "friend". Wondering how NG got on last night..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A dirty wet and windy day but lots to be done indoors. Just not my indoors. Heading out to help decorate a hall for Christmas events next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

In our hotel room, packing, I hate packing!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Still in bed, blinds and curtains closed. Reluctant to even peep outside. Sounds atrocious out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Still in bed, blinds and curtains closed. Reluctant to even peep outside. Sounds atrocious out there.

I can confirm that it is.

In from out, & don't intend to move much for the day.

In from briefly out. Tide is high, crashing the rocks against each other and the drive etc waterlogged. They did well when they installed this demountable as it is well above flood level and firmly concreted in,,,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Be well gorgeous...well...as gorgeous as a Cork bird can possibly be! :D

But I feel your pain...have told everyone fck off today....some little bastard punched my daughter in the face at school today...I have given the head until Monday to sort it....if not....well....all I say is I can be a proper bastard when I want to be....

As an addendum...seems the guy was stabbing a girl in the hand with a fork, my daughter went over and told him stop...he grabbed her by the jumper, she pushed hi. Away and then he punched her in the face.
    No apology from the child..or more importantly from the child's mother...so told the school I was taking it further as it's assault
    Mother was promptly called to the school and warned about her son's future behaviour and he gets a 1 day suspension.
    My daughter is happy enough...she kickboxes and has been hit harder by girls she said :D
    Soooo letting it rest at that, with the warning if it ever happens again I am taking it out of their hands immediately..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

As an addendum...seems the guy was stabbing a girl in the hand with a fork, my daughter went over and told him stop...he grabbed her by the jumper, she pushed hi. Away and then he punched her in the face.
    No apology from the child..or more importantly from the child's mother...so told the school I was taking it further as it's assault
    Mother was promptly called to the school and warned about her son's future behaviour and he gets a 1 day suspension.
    My daughter is happy enough...she kickboxes and has been hit harder by girls she said :D
    Soooo letting it rest at that, with the warning if it ever happens again I am taking it out of their hands immediately..

Your daughter sounds like a formidable young woman, you should be immensely proud :)

I’m sitting trying to decide on the last couple of Christmas presents needed. My own daughter is dinosaur crazy, so I’m looking at one that roars because she is currently running around roaring like a dinosaur, so it might save her a bit of effort :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Your daughter sounds like a formidable young woman, you should be immensely proud :)

I’m sitting trying to decide on the last couple of Christmas presents needed. My own daughter is dinosaur crazy, so I’m looking at one that roars because she is currently running around roaring like a dinosaur, so it might save her a bit of effort :D

she stood up for her friend who is a lovely quiet Polish girl and I'm immensely proud of her....her teacher who wasn't in the room at the time contacted me to apologise ( no blame attached to him whatsoever..it was his lunch break) but also said the same thing...that my daughter is a well behaved and wonderful girl....if a little bit sarcastic!! Well now... who'd have thunk that ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭4Ad

In a B and B in Listowel, after Fontaines DC playing last night.
    Great gig and great crowd.
    And not a sign of a hangover...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The morning after the Christmas party. Great night. Guzzling tea now. On the second cup (Barry's of course). First one was drank like a man who just crawled out of the Sahara desert.

• Advertisement

Sorted the kitchen floor. Well almost, so resting a while. Lit the fire too.. while the bannock was cooking I cleared out the one food cupboard here. Busy day.. ;) For me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Fireside looking out at the deluge, went to the local town earlier for a few bits and got soaked walking from the shop to the car in the space of twenty seconds, in for the day now but tempted to go to the local later to watch the rugby, we'll see how the weather behaves and I've a few beers chilling in the fridge as a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Nursing a post Christmas party hangover on the couch. Myself and the kids all cuddling watching Elf

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

A lovely rainy day to do plenty of shopping :)

Happy Saturday!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Little brat. School shouldn’t need to be threatened with taking it out of their hands in order to do something but at least the little one is okay.
    I’m in work, as per

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

thank good sweet lord jesus for weekends...
    home still in bed with plenty of covers and dierdre in the windows, resting from the wrecking week at work.. some music and net browsing and coffee on the side table.. can’t wait for holidays enough lol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

In living room reclining with stove going nicely, feet up with a cappacino and chocolate bikkie.
    Settling down to watch Man City v Everton.
    All alone and as comfy as I'd like to be, love looking out at the weather through the patio doors also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Lying on the couch in an absolute jock after Xmas party last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Dua Lipa on MTV hits! Win!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Look at the feckin weather and I've to party tonight :o lol. Typical.
    I'm on the couch in the kitchen in my jammies and fluffy dressing gown, wondering will I make my hair curly or will I leave it straight or put it up (or stay at home)
    I got a letter this morning from hospital telling me that when I went in for my foot I came into contact with a superbug.. Yay. More than likely nothing but still not what you want before Christmas.. That said, Elliot had one and I've been in contact with him plenty :D

@sirius. Proud parent moment! The amount of reported bullying that goes on, that's never dealt with is ridiculous. Had major problems with my eldest in first year that I just couldn't get the principal to deal with. Ended up with her in a spiral of self harm and onto camhs which brought me into contact with the head of the antibully league for Leinster. The school was eventually reported and the principal suspended.. But nothing gives you back the time and peace of mind you have before bullying and mental health issues start. So hats off to your girl for standing up to him. Little sh!tebag.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement