Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

northgirl wrote: »
    The pressure is too much. It's day 13 but I feel if I say it's too much they'll think I'm not good enough. Trying not to dissolve.

Trust yourself ng. If you continue to work under huge pressure then your health will be impacted upon. I think you had difficulty in a previous job, its early days in this one so nip anything negative in the bud. Tell them how you feel about the workload.

I'm sitting on the couch with kind of warm coffee. Huh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Very productive morning at the coalface and got all of my Christmas shopping finished, roll on Friday and out of here for two and half weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

The pressure is too much. It's day 13 but I feel if I say it's too much they'll think I'm not good enough. Trying not to dissolve.

Always mind yourself NG, no job is worth being in such a state over.
    I'm really sad when I read your posts today, can't think of what to say to help you, but please be mindful of yourself and your wellbeing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

As others have said, it’s early days, try and sort anything negative out as soon as possible, they probably won’t know you’re finding it tough until you tell them. If you wanna talk or rant you know where we are

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Edward M wrote: »
    Always mind yourself NG, no job is worth being in such a state over.
    I'm really sad when I read your posts today, can't think of what to say to help you, but please be mindful of yourself and your wellbeing.
    Kitty6277 wrote: »
    As others have said, it’s early days, try and sort anything negative out as soon as possible, they probably won’t know you’re finding it tough until you tell them. If you wanna talk or rant you know where we are

I'm just totally overwhelmed and as usual the top never really fully understand what is going on at the coalface. It's like 1 person left and I've slotted in with 0 training and very little assistance.

I like the job and like being busy but the expectations are very high.

Coupled with my sadness at Christmas and being alone it's just a vulnerable time.

Thanks for caring :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm just totally overwhelmed and as usual the top never really fully understand what is going on at the coalface. It's like 1 person left and I've slotted in with 0 training and very little assistance.

I like the job and like being busy but the expectations are very high.

Coupled with my sadness at Christmas and being alone it's just a vulnerable time.

Thanks for caring :)

Is there at least one person there that you can say the above to ? Maybe they might not realise how overwhelmed you're feeling with the work load at the minute ? Don't bottle it up NG , let them know , for your own well being .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭wildwillow

So disappointing the job is stressing you out.

The only advice I can give you is to ask for help to learn the new job. I have always been very independant but have learnt that asking for help is not a weakness, rather a strength.
    Set down what you can't understand and ask for training or a mentor.

As others have said your health is most important but you probably need to work to live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

At my desk trying to think of inventive ways to pass the last 15 work hours of 2018.
    Failing.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Workside and I'm having a great day :D It's so close to the big day I can almost smell it :D

NG We're always here for you :)

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Is there at least one person there that you can say the above to ? Maybe they might not realise how overwhelmed you're feeling with the work load at the minute ? Don't bottle it up NG , let them know , for your own well being .
    wildwillow wrote: »
    So disappointing the job is stressing you out.

The only advice I can give you is to ask for help to learn the new job. I have always been very independant but have learnt that asking for help is not a weakness, rather a strength.
    Set down what you can't understand and ask for training or a mentor.

As others have said your health is most important but you probably need to work to live.
    Autosport wrote: »
    Workside and I'm having a great day :D It's so close to the big day I can almost smell it :D

NG We're always here for you :)

Genuine thanks for all your support.

I have tried but just keep getting told it's the worst time of year blah blah and next year will be alot easier.

I've 1 full day left tomorrow and then I think I'll be okay. In the New Year if it continues I'll have to schedule a proper meeting. I'm also acting up a grade in the role so that's going to have to be addressed too.

Honestly, I'm partially to blame because I'm just so fragile at this time of year so will (fingers crossed) get through it.

Thank you all so much, means the world. :D

Sitting bedside waiting for someone from reception to bring me up a hoover so I can vac pack my clothes and get them into my case. Can’t really do anything else till I’ve them in, so I guess I’m just gonna have to chill till then

The end is in sight.. One more morning to get up for work, I'm meh about Christmas just need a break from the work stress and a huge amount of sleep.

NG my heart goes out to you.. Ive been there, looking at the computer screen and wondering WTF.
    What I would suggest is to ask in a confident manner /tone for assistance.. Word it in such a way that it is their place to train you not in an apologetic way as if you should know it without being trained. Write everything down because you'll forget it until you're used to doing it. I see how it works in offices.. Be demanding but in a nice way.. Don't sit there struggling.. "the dog that barks the loudest gets fed the most'.. Woof fcuking woof. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

NG, just remind yourself every time you feel yourself overwhelmed, that you are only one person. And all any person can do is their best. You’ve one day left to get through, you’re the other side of 13 days. You got this. I’m popping out for lunch. Still never got my blue Costa cup

The end is in sight.. One more morning to get up for work, I'm meh about Christmas just need a break from the work stress and a huge amount of sleep.

NG my heart goes out to you.. Ive been there, looking at the computer screen and wondering WTF.
    What I would suggest is to ask in a confident manner /tone for assistance.. Word it in such a way that it is their place to train you not in an apologetic way as if you should know it without being trained. Write everything down because you'll forget it until you're used to doing it. I see how it works in offices.. Be demanding but in a nice way.. Don't sit there struggling.. "the dog that barks the loudest gets fed the most'.. Woof fcuking woof. x
    NG, just remind yourself every time you feel yourself overwhelmed, that you are only one person. And all any person can do is their best. You’ve one day left to get through, you’re the other side of 13 days. You got this. I’m popping out for lunch. Still never got my blue Costa cup

Good advice guys thank you :) I can definitely relate in dog terms lol.

I am getting there slowly but surely, just a small bit of patience would be appreciated :rolleyes:

Xmas night out with my workmates from Ireland haven't seen most of them in over 18 months, some new faces to meet too....

Leeds Bradford Airport, waiting for bag drop to open. Sitting across from a woman who I knew the second I looked at her was Irish. Suspicions confirmed by the SuperValu carrier bag she has in front of her

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

At the hd 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Thawing out after a misguided adventure outdoors. (A walk round the block).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In work, hanging to go home. Talked to someone yesterday who had the foulest case of halitosis I’ve ever encountered. I’m stuffed with a cold and it was so severe the smell has actually imprinted in my nasal sensitivities and I keep getting a random reminder smell of it, yesterday and today. I’ve brushed my own teeth this morning and twice in work today, because I just feel like I’m imprinting my breath on people. So I’m really looking forward to getting home, into a hot shower, brushing my teeth and feeling clean.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A night off before a week on, beer it is..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

High stool. Pub. Amazing how people can drive the christmas spirit right out of the core of your being.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Lying on my bed with just the lamp on because my head is pounding.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Lying on my bed with just the lamp on because my head is pounding.

You must be freezing. 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

A night off before a week on, beer it is..
    Grem, you're a hero, a week on! Enjoy the beers!

I'm on the bus home

So looking forward to spending Christmas with my family this year :)

On a plane that’ll be leaving Leeds shortly. So excited to go home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Curled up under a blanket at the end of a certain bed :)

Just written a draft e-mail for work for the morning. I'll have to interview for this role in the near future so gotta play ball when I can.

Shortly, couchside.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    On a plane that’ll be leaving Leeds shortly. So excited to go home!

Safe journey, have a great time at home :)

• Advertisement

In bed where my feet are getting warmed by a certain olddog.

:p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement