Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Deskside. Feeling numb. Last full day before Christmas break.

Not sure how I feel about anything or anyone.

Don't know if I'll see my boss again after today.

Was upset last night and called Samaritans. Helped a bit :)

Not upset like balling crying but a total knot of anxiety. Still there..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

northgirl wrote: »

Hi northgirl.....your not alone in this world....remember that, Christmas break is coming, if calling the samaritans helped then call them again, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Current Mrs Long suffering 😭😂

I’m in work being my usual charming self

Life with me is one joy after another. I don’t know how she copes with all the fun that comes with living with me. But she does a great job of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I promise, from long experience, that once Christmas is over you will feel lighter. Took me decades to get through the season in one piece. At one stage I had a Samaritan Befriender who would visit etc.

This is an emotional time for many many folk. For many reasons,. For me, losses of many kinds .

Do nto do anything though that will affect your future>

me? I enjoy the season in a different, quiet way now. Have done for many years. It will come.

and of course..

(((HUGS)))

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sending you hugs too. Hopefully after Christmas things will start to ease up and become easier for you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I thought the exact same. :D either that or she needs to have a look at her make-up...
    In the kitchen a bit grumpy, was in the gym this morning and now I'm tired and the house has to be vacuumed,.. Again... And the bathroom is smelly... Again.. Even though it all got blitzed on Tuesday..
    I want a day off..
    Shoes, you're babies are gorgeous. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

NG, I know sometimes the saying what’s for you will never pass you feels like it’s a heap of poop, but I genuinely do believe if something you really want doesn’t happen it’s because there’s something better waiting for you.
    A few months ago my business got robbed while I was on the premises. The person who robbed it was in my business the previous Friday and put up a bit of an argument when I asked him to leave. He came back on the tuesday and robbed me. He only got a small sum of cash on the Tuesday, whereas if he had robbed me on Friday he’d have got away with the whole weeks takings.

I was upset and annoyed with myself because I had actually sacked off going to the bank that morning because it wasn’t worth the effort even though I had actually walked past my bank twice. I was fuming with myself. But, i could have been down a whole weeks takings, or had I gone to the bank, could have been attacked/stabbed if he got nothing.

My life genuinely feels like if it was raining soup I’d be outside with a fork, but I always try remind myself that no matter what happens it’s because something better is on its way x

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting alone on an empty aircraft, just cooked my lunch, now have 2 more hours before rest of a new crew show up.

Going home Xmas eve so not complaining 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

At the coalface for last full day of 2018, just have a few hours to do in the morning to sign of on end of year work, can't frigging wait for the Christmas break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

People watching :)

Shoes your babies are gorgeous and I'm in love :)

NG do whatever helps you and you know we're always around :)

Stove side, absolutely knocked for six after just finding out that my granny’s in hospital with a broken neck

Sitting in work beaming with pride that you all like my babies :D

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Stove side, absolutely knocked for six after just finding out that my granny’s in hospital with a broken neck
    Jesus I’m so sorry, that’s just horrific. Thoughts are with you and her xx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bloody hell, sorry to hear that kitty, thinking of you and granny x

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Kitty6277 wrote:

So sorry to hear that,

Hugs & thoughts with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

In the town centre- heading home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

That's awful Kitty. Your poor Granny. I hope she's being looked after well.
    x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I hope she'll be OK Kitty, what a shock. :0

NG, as bad as last year was for my family, almost losing Elliot, I took a lot of strength from knowing that there was always somebody worse off. All I had to do was look around icu or the corridors of Crumlin to see it. I took heart from the people in here who buoyed me up in my darkest hours. This time of year is so hard for so many. So, three things you need to practice,
    Breathe in
    Breathe out
    Say fcuk it.
    No person, job or situation is worth that amount of worry. We're always here to listen, and sometimes, that can even be enough.

I'm on the couch having a coffee, the vacuuming is done, along with a surprise visit from Elliots OT to show me how to start him on a sensory chewy toy to stop his eating his fingers. He's not impressed at all :D

Deskside reading about the conjuring 3 , sound spooky 😱

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Sorry to hear that, best wishes to you both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

About to get myself some dinner and of course my cat will want some as well!
    qZZ0qEbqZZ0qEb
    https://imgur.com/a/qZZ0qEb

Sciprio wrote: »
    qZZ0qEbqZZ0qEb

What a beauty :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Our relief after a medical scare for one of the grandchildren recently was, it turns out, premature. Sitting at home worrying and not in form for anything.

Thanks everyone, I haven’t heard any more from my dad since but I’m hoping it’s not too serious

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Sciprio wrote: »
    qZZ0qEbqZZ0qEb

Oh MY! Definitely a feline of great character!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Bar side with a long drunken night ahead of me. I really should have eaten more before arriving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Heading back to work after lunch ..be finished in 80 mins :D

Seamen, fingers crossed that the initial good news was actually the right diagnosis. It’s a rotten time of year to have someone unwell. Wishing you all the best that it is good news

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Lot of hugs needed here today, luckily i'm in fine fettle for delivering some..

Couchside eating mushrooms

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement