Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

have to get up and start preparing for CHristmas party but when see how cold is outside ugh.. wonder how freezing will it be in my tiny dress lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Getting ready for a night out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭RederthanRed

Hope things work out Srameen.
    Ultimately everything pales into insignificance when your health or the health of a loved one is at stake. Hope good news is forthcoming.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In finally from loooong out. And HOME for CHRISTMAS....Dwelling is littered with shopping; all cat-edibles safe out of reach... small turkey...

Westport was gridlocked. LIDL, excellent huge Christmas dinner at the Lunch Club...
    Brightest parts of the day, apart from the price wars that makes eating well so inexpensive, .... apart from the sheer pleasure of driving here... stopping to buy coal and the kind man when I bought 2 bags, gave me a third "for Christmas" .... and the calm lovely ocean spread out in the evening light.

Home is good. Bed is the centre of home...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Got the fook out of the pub as its filling up with people who want to PAAAARRRTYYYY! Home now and obviously had to finish off the dinner.:( Oh to have a feckin full day off where I didn't have to worry about anything at all. Its starts with breakfast served up to me. Lunch served up to me. Dinner served up to me. Pints galore! And not expected to perform for work or family. Will never happen.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

In the hair dressers getting the hair done :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Edward M wrote: »
    Prayers and best wishes Srameen.
    In the local with my young lad and my nephew.
    Having a coffee myself as I'm driving later, but this pair are starting a tare with a few of their mates.
    Going for dinner with my mam shortly, she is in town shopping and wants us to meet her later.

Sounds fab!

In the kitchen myself having a biscuit and listening to "The Way it is". Lovely song. Gonna open a(nother) can of Guinness next.

Neighbour called over earlier and rang the bell, herself answered. So he hands her a cabbage and a turnip. And briefly said that's for you and Gary. (not a joke, I'm deadly serious here)
    I'm not sure how to take that but she seemed to think it was nice. Personally If I ever ring your door bell and hand you a head of cabbage and a turnip then it's probably a sign that the apocalypse is nigh or I'm wasted or something like that.
    But that probably sums up the difference between me and the locals, they're just nice and I'm still adjusting to life in a rural community and tainted by the cynicism that inevitably catches on in more metropolitan areas where I used to live like.......Dun Laoghaire. ;)

Even the 46A didn't turnip there

(sorry, that turnip joke at the end will probably ruin yer Crimbo but I loved every second of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

In the kitchen myself having a biscuit and listening to "The Way it is". Lovely song. Gonna open a(nother) can of Guinness next.

Neighbour called over earlier and rang the bell, herself answered. So he hands her a cabbage and a turnip. And briefly said that's for you and Gary. (not a joke, I'm deadly serious here)
    I'm not sure how to take that but she seemed to think it was nice. Personally If I ever ring your door bell and hand you a head of cabbage and a turnip then it's probably a sign that the apocalypse is nigh or I'm wasted or something like that.
    But that probably sums up the difference between me and the locals, they're just nice and I'm still adjusting to life in a rural community and tainted by the cynicism that inevitably catches on in more metropolitan areas where I used to live like.......Dun Laoghaire. ;)

Even the 46A didn't turnip there

(sorry, that turnip joke at the end will probably ruin yer Crimbo but I loved every second of it)

Is your name even Gary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Getting ready to go and see the new Mary Poppins movie with my daughter....poor planning on my part... fecking Munster v Ulster game on now :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Chillin' out, work done til next year.

Home from hospital, it's a waiting game with test results telling us very little. But, slowly, the prognosis is becoming more positive.

Thank you all for the kind thoughts. If any of you pray, we'd appreciate a mention.

I don't pray but I'm sending the best of wishes your way. Everything crossed that things improve.

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Is your name even Gary?

:) Ha, No.

It's RederthanRed but the locals shortened it to Gary.

Cbyrd.. We get it, you're horny today. 😜

Srameen, I hope all is going well for you, everything else becomes insignificant when a smallie is sick, hope all the results are good.

NG relax!!! Forget about work now and do whatever makes you happy for the next few days.

Shopping went well today all things considered ie a teen in tow buying for his oul doll.. Ive the lip bitten off myself trying to keep the peace. Mother of God.

Just on the couch, feet falling off me, a glass of red and the house to myself for the next 2 hours a very rare treat.. Should probably wrap a few pressies but feck it tomorrows another day. Cheers lads.

Cbyrd.. We get it, you're horny today. ��

Srameen, I hope all is going well for you, everything else becomes insignificant when a smallie is sick, hope all the results are good.

NG relax!!! Forget about work now and do whatever makes you happy for the next few days.

Shopping went well today all things considered ie a teen in tow buying for his oul doll.. Ive the lip bitten off myself trying to keep the peace. Mother of God.

Just on the couch, feet falling off me, a glass of red and the house to myself for the next 2 hours a very rare treat.. Should probably wrap a few pressies but feck it tomorrows another day. Cheers lads.

Cheers Duvet - enjoy your peace & quiet and your glass of course - Salut! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭nlrkjos

65°46'36.3"N 8°23'30.3"E.....Norwegian sea ! until Jan 4th, weather and helicopter permitting.

More horror movies methinks :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

nlrkjos wrote: »
    65°46'36.3"N 8°23'30.3"E.....Norwegian sea ! until Jan 4th, weather and helicopter permitting.

Not very Cork-ish! Hope it's safe and peaceful

Workside

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

If ye hear about someone going postal in a Dublin 14 pub...that will be me.
    Fecking Christmas jumper crew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Home. Here most of the day. Recovering from the madness of the shops yesterday.
    At this stage, what I have,I have.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside watching Sabrina on Netflix , Salem the cat is in it and hes the coolest 😎.

Bedside watching Sabrina on Netflix , Salem the cat is in it and hes the coolest 😎.

Old or New?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Old or New?

New one on Netflix

Any horror there tonight 😦?

On and off the couch.. Hung up one load of washing and another almost done.. Fake tan (subtle) applied in the comfort of my sitting room (house still to myself), binge watching Say yes to the Dress and wondering why a bottle of water never seems to empty but I only have to glance at a bottle of wine and it evaporates.. It really is a mystery to me. 😜

New one on Netflix

Any horror there tonight 😦?

Omen III :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

On the bike doing a turbo workout...
    ... in the hallway of my apartment because the Christmas tree is in the space in the living room where I normally would do the workout! :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Busy busy at work..

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭beaner92

Zermatt @ swiss alps ..snowboarding!

northgirl wrote: »
    Omen III :D

Brave! Any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

In Bruges.

Few days holiday break before Xmas. Enjoying the time here but can’t wait to get back home on Sunday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement