Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Here getting an eye test years since I got one. Nice Christmas buzz around town anyway. Finished work yesterday till the 31st so happy out :)

You are a good daddy Sirius :)

I'm heading in to town to get a few nice food bits then in to the car and out of the big smoke until the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Armchair side, drinking tea and looking at properties to rent in the UK. The novelty of being home is beginning to wear off, and even though I can’t properly move till after I’m finished college, it’s nice to dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen...heading to aldi now ....got a phone call from home in cork that dad is kicking off...he's got dementia, slow progressive type thank God but every now and then he kicks off, poor mother get the brunt of it....bloody dementia.

Heading down tomorrow but the poor oul divil won't even remember kicking off.....

Times like this that I wished I lived closer to home.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

waiting for match to begin any sec now lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Recommencing The Omen III

gifted wrote: »
    Kitchen...heading to aldi now ....got a phone call from home in cork that dad is kicking off...he's got dementia, slow progressive type thank God but every now and then he kicks off, poor mother get the brunt of it....bloody dementia.

Heading down tomorrow but the poor oul divil won't even remember kicking off.....

Times like this that I wished I lived closer to home.

That's very hard. Sorry to hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Couchside, made the 10am gym class this morning with my sore head. That's the christmas drinking done til next year. Holy fcuk I don't miss it. Came home (after Tesco :D) and cut Mr Elliot's hair, he got a number 2 back and sides and floppy top.. He looks so cute.

Shoes, I remember the silly season well. No days off and extra hours. I don't miss it, I always used to get sick on St Stephens day, my whole system would just shut down. I remember I'd get home at 5 on Christmas eve and have the veg prepped and turkey stuffed and bring the girls to 6:30 mass. Mad stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Party central here watching Kung fu panda with the kids

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Ugh, time to get ready for work, I am not a nocturnal person, so 11pm departures are torture :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Home from hospital, it's a waiting game with test results telling us very little. But, slowly, the prognosis is becoming more positive.

Thank you all for the kind thoughts. If any of you pray, we'd appreciate a mention.

Sending you good thoughts Kenley Square Machine, health is absolutely wealth, I was in a similar position to you for the last month with a loved one going through tests, hospitals, doctors, they got the all clear last Friday and it was better than winning the Lotto, puts everything into perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Fireside having a beer, was going to head the local town earlier for a few last minute bits but said feck it, lit the fire, done a few chores and settled in for the evening, tomorrow is another day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,157 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

In a cafe empty, a bint comes in sits in the table beside me, then starts a loud phone conversation with someone who was equally loud

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Work trip cancelled, so back to my nice hotel bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

In my recliner, coffee and bikkie to hand.
    Watching the news and my day just turned into a fairytale Xmas as Crystal Palace beat Man City, I hadn't heard till just now. Wahoo
    Going for a few beers with our next door neighbours later, looking forward to that as they are great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Edward M wrote:
    In my recliner, coffee and bikkie to hand. Watching the news and my day just turned into a fairytale Xmas as Crystal Palace beat Man City, I hadn't heard till just now. Wahoo Going for a few beers with our next door neighbours later, looking forward to that as they are great craic.

I saw the score @ 82 mins into the game.

Happy Days...

Feeling groggy and a bit disoriented after a nap. What to do..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Home! Got so much of my Christmas shopping sorted today, actually feel so prepared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

At the airport. I spent so long examining my various chocolate bar options that one of the lads working there asked me what I was looking for in particular :p I'm not sure if he was flirting with me, Christ I've no bother having an oul flirt online or at the pub but if someone flirts with me outside of those areas I don't notice at all. Totally clueless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Succubus_ wrote: »
    At the airport. I spent so long examining my various chocolate bar options that one of the lads working there asked me what I was looking for in particular :p I'm not sure if he was flirting with me, Christ I've no bother having an oul flirt online or at the pub but if someone flirts with me outside of those areas I don't notice at all. Totally clueless.

*Takes mental note*
    :D

I can't figure out Virgin Media TV. No likey.

Giggling away at Suckabus' new name.... wondering could she work her way thru a double decker?!

*Takes mental note*
    :D

I think it's because I'm all dolled up at the pub so a bit of flirting could be expected but the rest of the time I go around looking like a bag of sh1te so I don't expect anyone to be flirting with me :P

I think it's because I'm all dolled up at the pub so a bit of flirting could be expected but the rest of the time I go around looking like a bag of sh1te so I don't expect anyone to be flirting with me :P

Ah I dunno, I'm guessing you'd look ravishing even while scrubbing the kitchen floors!

Ah I dunno, I'm guessing you'd look ravishing even while scrubbing the kitchen floors!

Flattery gets you everywhere :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Toddling off to work.. Wearing a hi-vis number if that's up anyone's street..

Flattery gets you everywhere :p

*Makes another mental note*

:P

Toddling off to work.. Wearing a hi-vis number if that's up anyone's street..

yep :pac:

• Advertisement

Literally me ha ha ha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement