Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Fireside also

Having tea and relaxing

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Tea break. Just finished the dreaded Pre Christmas oven clean. Should not really leave It go so long everytime. I tried to get out of it by telling Mrs Cushie that I would end up getting rid of all the flavours from the oven. She wasn't buying it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Our baby grandchild is home, still not 100% but hopefully will make a full recovery, so Christmas has begun. Finally able to relax, fire is lit and dinner in the oven.

That's the best Christmas present your family could ask for Kenley Square Machine . Hope the coming year sees the little one recover completely .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Great news, Srameen, relax and enjoy now :)

Thrown in an armchair after getting the kitchen somewhat in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Delighted for you Srameen. Hope you and yours can enjoy your Christmas in peace now.

Currently in a cafe in Arthur’s Quay in Limerick for a coffee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Fireside, at home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Srameen, super news!

Finishing work shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Back in the same hotel that I checked out from this morning, someone signed sick and i got stuck to do his duty :(

But what a day, we were on the last sector of the day, shooting across the country with a massive tailwind, fastest time between these two cities that i can remember, as we were descending, one of the passenger representatives came and asked when would we land, we were happy to tell him how fast we had just done the trip, then he announced, nope you cant land early as we are expected at 6pm, oops that was 25 minutes later than we expected, so we got to use our magic words, "passengers don't want to land yet", and entered a hold at the airport, we got some magical views of the city as we went around in circles, then we headed in to land, oops we got it wrong and were going to be 2 minutes late, so high speed until the last minute, fast taxi and opened to door to the cameras just before 6.01...... I can never say that my days get boring :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

So delighted for you and the family Srameen. I hope you can all relax and enjoy your break now.

So this is our tree. Yes it is as tacky as possible and that's how I like it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Dr No on RTE 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Baking bread. Attempt two. Accidentally used plain flour on the first attempt.

Our baby grandchild is home, still not 100% but hopefully will make a full recovery, so Christmas has begun. Finally able to relax, fire is lit and dinner in the oven.

Fantastic news!
    Have a very very happy Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Good news Srameen, enjoy the family time now.
    Just arrived in the parents's house, gin and tonic in hand already, and roast beef for dinner, getting in to training for the next few days :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Bed. Was up all night worrying and felt a bit sick but put it down to the worrying. Got up this am and getting into the shower I felt suddenly violently ill. Ran back to the toilet and was sick. Felt so much better for it and went on with my day. After work I had to go to tesco and my eyes felt strained/unfocused so much so I took off my glasses to see better. Felt nauseous and crap in the car and had that urgent feeling to just get home. No shower or anything, I’m straight into bed. Feel like I’m after having a feed of cider. You know that feeling when you know you’re drunk not hungover and the world is turning

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Sitting room watching The Christmas Chronicles. Well, hellooooo Santa! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Bed. Was up all night worrying and felt a bit sick but put it down to the worrying. Got up this am and getting into the shower I felt suddenly violently ill. Ran back to the toilet and was sick. Felt so much better for it and went on with my day. After work I had to go to tesco and my eyes felt strained/unfocused so much so I took off my glasses to see better. Felt nauseous and crap in the car and had that urgent feeling to just get home. No shower or anything, I’m straight into bed. Feel like I’m after having a feed of cider. You know that feeling when you know you’re drunk not hungover and the world is turning

Sounds rotten. Feel better Shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Homeside finally just one more day to go and no work :)

I've gotten this far I can go on :D

Srameen that is fantastic news and I'm sending well wishes and prayers to you and your family xxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Kitchen table again in front of my trusty laptop. My tech desk is closed for a few days thank fook.:D Rambled up and down town today to stock up on essentials. Made some dinner and then back out for a few pints. Some admin work tomorrow and then two days off!:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work side, lots to do..

Srameen I'm glad to hear the good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

That's amazing news Srameen, delighted for your family!

I'm on the couch wrecked. I have the 8.5kg turkey stuffed, went for my usual both ends :D the 7.5 kg ham is in the baking and I have the roasties ready for the oven, carrot and parsnips for roasting, carrots and parsnips for mashing carrots on their own, broccoli and cauliflower, and the humble Brussel sprouts peeled. Just dessert to do in the morning... after the gym..
    I also got beds stripped wash dried and back on inbewteen filling buckets of coal and cooking todays dinner.
    I need a holiday :D lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

cbyrd wrote: »
    That's amazing news Srameen, delighted for your family!

I'm on the couch wrecked. I have the 8.5kg turkey stuffed, went for my usual both ends :D the 7.5 kg ham is in the baking and I have the roasties ready for the oven, carrot and parsnips for roasting, carrots and parsnips for mashing carrots on their own, broccoli and cauliflower, and the humble Brussel sprouts peeled. Just dessert to do in the morning... after the gym..
    I also got beds stripped wash dried and back on inbewteen filling buckets of coal and cooking todays dinner.
    I need a holiday :D lol

Jesus I'm wrecked just reading that not to mind actually having to do it :D

Still fireside here thinking of all I have to do tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Home after many drinks Watching King Gary on BBC1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Having a Clonmel Chardonnay, sitting down to watch the final 2 episodes of Masterchef..
    Hope all the Christmas preparations are all done and time to relax.

Great news Srameen !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Watching a Jack Reacher movie; can't accept Tom Cruise in the role, as Reacher in the books is described as a bear of a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Christmas Eve :):D

Bedside

Autosport wrote: »
    Happy Christmas Eve :):D

Bedside

Back at ya. x
    I love Christmas Eve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I bought an ancestry test for the missus and it says it was delivered on the 20th but no sign of it. Contacted ancestry UK to see what the story is. I know it won't be here by Christmas day though so I just sneakily got the missus a six month subscription to Spotify as she loves using it on my phone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Good Morning World...... 0320am and its time for me to start my day, I really don't think that my planners understand circadian rhythms.

Today's plan sees me take an airliner home after doing two local jaunts, lets see how it works out :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm on shutdown duty, will be hella busy from four then home at nine, need to get up and pick up last minute stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

In my bed. Work tomorrow then onwards to Wexford

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement