Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, feeling a bit down in myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Lying on my bed sick from laughing. My sister, younger brother and I have been attacking each other with balled up socks a la Big Narstie's ugabonga (video here

So went to bed and after a while started playing a loud snoring soundtrack so could sneak to my sister's room, but she was ready for me.

Such stupid childishness but sure why not.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I bought an ancestry test for the missus and it says it was delivered on the 20th but no sign of it. Contacted ancestry UK to see what the story is. I know it won't be here by Christmas day though so I just sneakily got the missus a six month subscription to Spotify as she loves using it on my phone :)

Just my opinion, but, I don't understand how the whole world are suddenly handing over DNA to a company. What will happen to your DNA? How will the company store it? Will they sell it to someone else? What kind of tests etc will they do, or allow someone else to do....
    Today, we are all told so often to mind our data & private info online....
    But all of a sudden, everyone is giving away their ACTUAL DNA!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@bubblypop. . Have to admit that I see no harm in it, I picked up a couple of these kits in Walmart, got the results and they basically said that I was Celtic! So totally unimpressed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Lazy side of me said “ah shure that shirt is fine”, the married side of me said “ wife will kill me if I go to work in an unironed shirt”.

Gotta love married life 😀😀

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Sofa watching Father Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »
    Good Morning World...... 0320am and its time for me to start my day, I really don't think that my planners understand circadian rhythms.

Today's plan sees me take an airliner home after doing two local jaunts, lets see how it works out :)

safe flying, globe trotting smurfjed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

abed, thinking my feet are cold and very soon need up and find socks etc... and food. Was online earlier than intended as seeking news from family in Canada. without power etc after a great storm.

They got an email through so I know they are safe. But what a difficult time. Some folk cannot get out of their houses for fallen trees,
    a peaceful and probably internet silent day ahead. Not going anywhere! One of my neighbours will be taken over, to get a taxi to town to collect a huge turkey ready cooked from the butchers... So an extra "passenger" on the way back ;)

Probably the same boat as the priest will be on for a rare mass here...

Staying abed here aaaaaallll day perforce... happy with this... bed is sheer bliss.

off to make breakfast; my belly is howling with hunger..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Last day at the coalface :D

Excitement is through the roof :D

Workside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Autosport wrote: »
    Last day at the coalface :D

Excitement is through the roof :D

Workside
    Same. After an absolutely insane two weeks, I have a couple more hours before I crash out tomorrow. First day off in 13 days or so

Showerside
    Merry Xmas eve everybody

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Train to Dublin!

Ive only 6 days left in my current job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Relaxing watching some TV. Was out all day yesterday visiting relatives, had a great day and am going off with my sister today to visit her kids who are living in Enniskillen, long story, not for here.
    Anyway this is her day to see them for Xmas and deliver her pressies, she wants me for support I think as her and former hubby aren't on good terms.
    Srameen, absolutely delighted to hear your good news from yesterday, hope it's a really great Xmas for you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Woke up with a big poxy dose of anxiety.. I know its down to not going for a run yesterday, I had intended to but had to go Christmas grave visiting then got caught up with other stuff to do.

I can't run this morning because I've a Christmas Day 5km tomorrow morning so I'm resting my legs today.

Christmas hols cabin fever is kicking in too. I have to get out.

I'm the worlds worst at relaxing :(

Just back from the butcher picking up the turkey and ham. Daughter (who got me up at 3am), wife and 2 week old son all asleep upstairs.

I'm sitting on the couch with a cup of tea in hand, beside this fella, just enjoying the silence!

20181224-081924-600x1067.jpg

Edit: spoke too soon, daughter now awake.

Busy busy day today, which is a pity cos Ryan's Daughter is just on rte & I would love to watch it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

In a psychiatric unit which has been my home for the past while. Hot shower had, breakfast has been eaten and now to wait anxiously to see if I'll be home for Christmas. I've missed you all.
    Happy Christmas Eve.

Shpud I am happy you’re getting help, I wish you a very happy and peaceful Christmas wherever that may be x

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

In work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Happy Christmas shpud, hope you get home fobrthe festivities :D

Waiting for the gym class to start, it's the boss's class, I may not be able to lift the turkey out of the oven later.. Its been in since 7.
    It's Christmas eve.. Woohoo.
    One more sleep :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Heading out to collect the turkey and may take a walk to see what's buzzing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Happy Christmas Eve, all! I'm sitting down watching a Christmas Carol (1935 version) with the smell of turkey roasting in the background. Heading out shortly for my annual Christmas Eve breakfast with my two best friends, and then a busy day of food prep and visiting ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Shpud2 wrote: »
    In a psychiatric unit which has been my home for the past while. Hot shower had, breakfast has been eaten and now to wait anxiously to see if I'll be home for Christmas. I've missed you all.
    Happy Christmas Eve.

Great to hear from you Shpud2. Take it easy and hope you have a lovely Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Good to hear from you Shpud. Hope you get home for Christmas. Be well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

In the Mammy's house but heading home to deepest darkest Tipp in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

It's nice to hear from you Shpud. I'm glad you're getting some help. Hope you have a nice Christmas :) x

After killing myself doing crazy hours, i am now drinking prosecco and waiting for someone to start looking after me, so I don’t look like like a horrific ball of sh1te when santa comes down the chimney, the dirty yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Heading out to collect the turkey and may take a walk to see what's buzzing.

Hopefully not the turkey still making noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Is it too early to have a festive drink?! Hope not.

Is it too early to have a festive drink?! Hope not.

It isn’t. Had my first at 10:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Happy Christmas Eve.

Good to hear from you Sphud....your sounding positive....fingers crossed for you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement