Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It isn’t. Had my first at 10:30

And, just to be sure, you are a good example to follow? Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

6k run to clear the system for tomorrow

Was going well till the run finished beans on toast,mug of tae, 4 mikados and a fistful of quality streets. Nom nom nom
    Happy Christmas ye magnificent animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

what on earth was in my... mind wittering on about staying abed all day...
    Maybe I forgot what day it is.... I mean REALLY

Well, after a walk, just before the heavens opened, and stayed open, been busy kitchen side as I cannot cook on the day and prepare... Tried that and ended up back abed with no food!

so I took the laptop through and went into dervish mode... All I have to do tomorrow now is the sprouts and put the turkey breast roast, which is now safe in a cool room where no 4 pawed mouth can get near it... Potatoes for roasting and carrots and parsnips ditto all parboiled and ready... carrots and parsnips cooked and finely mashed.. The potatoes are home grown... ;)

wild out there and glad I am not to be over the ocean and needing back... last post has been so gate firmly shut and Christmas is ON! ALLELUIA!

Still have to finish the decorations in here but that will be soon done.... lovely music .... ah so blessed I am! So very very blessed... Fire smouldering and blazing warm.... good island turf.... wild wind making it all snugger.... wishing you all as much as I have here... Mince pie anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Great atmosphere in town. Of course on such days one invariably meets a friend...you'll come in for one...ok just one....glad I had my designated driver with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

Bed....of all the days to be struck with a bloody cold.....feel like ****e.......hope it's not man flu....couldn't handle that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Watching a Jack Reacher movie; can't accept Tom Cruise in the role, as Reacher in the books is described as a bear of a man.

+ 100!! Yeah. I cant read the books now without seeing Cruise on my mind. To me it was always a Hugh Jackman type of figure. I was gutted when I head Cruise got the gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Shpud2 wrote: »
    In a psychiatric unit which has been my home for the past while. Hot shower had, breakfast has been eaten and now to wait anxiously to see if I'll be home for Christmas. I've missed you all.
    Happy Christmas Eve.

So glad to hear from you. You've been missed. Can't tell you not to be anxious cause I know that doesn't work but try to think positive and we're all sending you massive support and hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

On the train to Wexford- next stop, Rathdrum

gifted wrote: »
    Bed....of all the days to be struck with a bloody cold.....feel like ****e.......hope it's not man flu....couldn't handle that.

Hope you feel better soon gifted. Sleep as much as you can..

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's doing the rounds down here too Gifted , hopefully it doesn't turn into that awful Plague (flu!) that everyone seems to have gotten last year .

Rest up , fluids , paracetamol and hopefully you'll be bounding down the stairs in the small hours with the chicks :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Man flu is awful

*bro hugs*

Watching the Conjuring :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Finally finished work and now I can fully get into Christmas mode :D

1 more sleep :D

Gifted I hope you're better tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Climbed on a B787 as a passenger and snored for the two hour flight home, off for the next 7 days, went to do some last minute food shopping in wonderfully empty shops. Now time for some night cocktails.

Merry Christmas Witchie as its now Xmas KL time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, just finished wrapping presents :D

good to hear from you shpud, was thinking of ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Solomon Pleasant

Just back from the pitch.

Running laps to burn off the alcohol and chocolate of the last few days with the aim of being fit enough to play championship football come Summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »
    Climbed on a B787 as a passenger and snored for the two hour flight home, off for the next 7 days, went to do some last minute food shopping in wonderfully empty shops. Now time for some night cocktails.

Merry Christmas Witchie as its now Xmas KL time.

Ah that was what we heard here...sounded like thunder ;)

Home as in? ireland?

winding down here.. just fused the sockets trying to sort Christmas lights so binned that idea... sokay, just that climbing on a chair to click the switch back to on is rather hard these days, and getting down even more so.. step stool always on my shopping list.

Nine Lessons and Carols by candlelight was utterly..... Christmas..sheer bliss it was

See thee on the other side of midnight..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Glad to hear from you Shpud, hoping you enjoy your Christmas :)

On the couch watching Johnny English, after eating a whole chocolate Santa to myself and I feel sick. All food and drink shopping done so I'm not moving again for a while.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Shpud, so, so good to hear from you. You've been mentioned nearly daily here.. Hope you are doing ok..

In my sisters in Wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In the kitchen , just potatoes left to peel , everything else sorted , watching Mary Poppins on BBC1 :D

( young at heart I am !!)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    In the kitchen , just potatoes left to peel , everything else sorted , watching Mary Poppins on BBC1 :D

( young at heart I am !!)

Real Christmas vibes Mam! Enjoy :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Out collecting my sweet and sour and satay sauces for tomorrow. Year two of the Chinese takeaway style buffet on Christmas Day. A big success last year. If its not broken, don't fix it.:D

In bed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside balmed out , tired after minding my nephew :3
    northgirl wrote: »
    Watching the Conjuring :pac:

What's that like?

Bedside balmed out , tired after minding my nephew :3

What's that like?

Not bad so far. I do like Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga and the action is pretty much there from the get go.

northgirl wrote: »
    Not bad so far. I do like Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga and the action is pretty much there from the get go.

Spooky ? Loads of jump scares 😱?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Lighting the Welcome candle in the front window, as I have done here for the last 47 Christmas Eves and my father did at home for 30 years before that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Smokes, nearly forgot to get them :o onward to the coalface..

• Advertisement

Spooky ? Loads of jump scares 😱?

Yeah! I'm enjoying it :)

Lorraine and Ed Warren, 2 real life paranormal investigators are investigating a "haunting". I never thought I'd watch these things alone but here I am - FTW!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement