Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mind yourself Schpud, i'll be about tonight and tomorrow, working as usual (no change there) *hugs lad*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Congrats Bones, best of luck to you and the missus!

Shpud, sorry to hear you didn’t get out for Christmas, but at hopefully them keeping you in will lead to you feeling better soon.

Bathside, feeling very relaxed

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Didn't think you guys would miss me that much. Unfortunately I am one of the few not to be discharged or given an overnight pass so I am here in my room alone except for a nurse keeping me on suicide watch like they have been for the past week or so. I can hear the faint sound of music on the intercom and am just gonna wait for the medication to kick in and I'll fall asleep. I might try post more when I feel up to it. Merry Christmas all

Don't worry about the thread Shpud. Worry about yourself. Christmas happens every year. Fook it. Focus on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Didn't think you guys would miss me that much. Unfortunately I am one of the few not to be discharged or given an overnight pass so I am here in my room alone except for a nurse keeping me on suicide watch like they have been for the past week or so. I can hear the faint sound of music on the intercom and am just gonna wait for the medication to kick in and I'll fall asleep. I might try post more when I feel up to it. Merry Christmas all

Shpud you are very brave. This time last year I was not long out of an acute mental health facility for a few nights. As others have said it takes great courage to reach out for help.

It's a long road to recovery for me but most of the time I feel stronger with each day that passes. Don't get me wrong, there have been plenty of tears and awful thoughts but I've learned so much about myself and what matters too.

I don't know your exact circumstances but I am sending heartfelt good wishes your way tonight. I'm alone for Christmas, by choice because it is better for my health. 12 months have flown by, nothing ever stays the same and I'm sure you'll be in a much better place long before then.

Back at the kitchen table typing. Waiting on the delivered sauces to cool before I fridge them. Early start tomorrow. Light fire before anyone else is awake and all the Christmas lights and candles lit. Always love Little G coming downstairs to it. Last year of Santy, not even sure she believes anymore.:confused: its all coming to an end in this house until grand kids.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Congrats to the new parents to be :)

Wishing you all the best shpud. :)

Cuddled up on the couch with the doglet.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Setanter

Didn't think you guys would miss me that much. Unfortunately I am one of the few not to be discharged or given an overnight pass so I am here in my room alone except for a nurse keeping me on suicide watch like they have been for the past week or so..... Merry Christmas all
    northgirl wrote: »
    ......... nothing ever stays the same and I'm sure you'll be in a much better place long before then.

Been there, done that it's absolutely awful and I really feel your pain but Northgirl hit the nail on the head. Please don't make a bad choice, it will get better, it always does and you will be so much stronger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

All presents out for the kids, in 24hrs we’ll wonder what all the fuss was about. Enjoy people.

I says wrote: »
    All presents out for the kids, in 24hrs we’ll wonder what all the fuss was about. Enjoy people.

Until your kids stop believing in Santa, you will never ever wonder what all the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Happy Christmas Everyone :)

Spud we did miss you around the place and sending nothing but positivity your way :)

And to anyone who ever feels out of sorts we are our own little family and are here for each other and Auto loves you all :) My gift to you is my time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Until your kids stop believing in Santa, you will never ever wonder what all the fuss is about.

Twill be a while here with the youngest lad three,before Santa gets the heave ho. Have spent the last few minutes sticking batteries in all the toys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

In my living room pleasantly numb drinking Jameson's Caskmates Stout edition, listening to Bowie and kidding myself that tomorrow's [Christmas day] 5k run (10:30am) will be grand ~ sure 'tis only a few whiskeys :D

Merry Christmas people

Autosport wrote: »
    Happy Christmas Everyone :)

Spud we did miss you around the place and sending nothing but positivity your way :)

And to anyone who ever feels out of sorts we are our own little family and are here for each other and Auto loves you all :) My gift to you is my time :)

Ahem...once I found out about you and ted, you and me were washed up like a dead fish in a harbour. Your gift to me was meant to be a big feed, but your love was lost in a bitter Christmas breeze. I sat in McDonalds today and thought of you. I lamented the promises that got thrown to the cold winter winds. I cried as I milled a quarter pounder with cheese meal - a large one because I was sad.

I am still over the kitchen table watching Mrs G as she cries her heart out at how close she came to losing me to you. Little G is in bed coughing like a feckin dog with TB. All my beers are at room temperature so undrinkable.

Happy Christmas folks!:D

I says wrote: »
    Twill be a while here with the youngest lad three,before Santa gets the heave ho. Have spent the last few minutes sticking batteries in all the toys.

I miss that so much. Wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Ahem...once I found out about you and ted, you and me were washed up like a dead fish in a harbour. Your gift to me was meant to be a big feed, but your love was lost in a bitter Christmas breeze. I sat in McDonalds today and thought of you. I lamented the promises that got thrown to the cold winter winds. I cried as I milled a quarter pounder with cheese meal - a large one because I was sad.

I am still over the kitchen table watching Mrs G as she cries her heart out at how close she came to losing me to you. Little G is in bed coughing like a feckin dog with TB. All my beers are at room temperature so undrinkable.

Happy Christmas folks!:D

You sir have made my day :D

You and I are unrequited love but my love for teddy is forever :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nyom nyom pringles

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Bed side.

Wishing you all a very very Happy Christmas, I hope you all have a lovely day :) x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Fck it, feel better soon Shpud ... merry xmas to all and hopefully we have our full compliment posting again by new year's x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I hope things will improve for you soon Shpud, it sounds like you're in the best place to get help.

Congratulations bones! Napoleon Bonafart, just brilliant :D

Merry Christmas to all of you lovely people. This little community really means a lot to me and has lifted my spirits during some very dark times. May you all eat, drink and be merry tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Just in bed. Hoping for a few hours before chaos descends upon us.
    Merry Christmas to all, especially those of you going through tough times. Here's hoping there are brighter days ahead xx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Was drinking sex on the beach cocktails all night. Went to midnight mass. Almost nodded off in mass, tripped over my own feet getting out for communion and then had to stand back from the priest incase he got a bang of vodka off me. My life is a shambles but I’ll never change at this stage :D

Shoes, that is stylin it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hang in there Shpud as I still owe you a pint.

@grace, home is where the wife and dog are, this year it isn’t Ireland.

Time to get up and start the Turkey, we have it injected with tonnes of butter and soy sauce, now to cook it for the next 12 hours or so. Got 20-25 friends coming for dinner.

Merry Christmas to all of you, thank you for keeping this thread going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Wrapping done.

Few G&T’s.

Die Hard (keep forgetting the plot probably due to G&T’s every time )

6 hour kip now then 12 hours with relatives trying to avoid things kicking off.

PS Happy Christmas and a healthy 2019 everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

In my kitchen drinkin beer family all in bed including my recently
    ex wife of six months... So ho ho fuvking ho merry xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I'm in Broughty Ferry, Dundee, Scotland, at my sisters polishing off a glass of Grand Absente absinthe before I hit the sack and go to 10 O'clock mass with the family here, have a goodyin folks, :):D

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

I had a few drinks at a mates house and decided to stay over ... but I can’t sleep as their cat snores ! + she loves leaving a pod cast on in the back ground

The good news is I remembered I had put some ear plugs in my wallet for the rare times I need them, like now. bliss

Happy xmas everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm getting ready for bed as I've a bit of a drive tomorrow. My parents are elderly now so have to make a huge effort. I had some really nice wine I got as a gift so feel pleased. I hope Shpud feels better soon and he's better off being looked after than coping outside of the hospital.
    Happy Christmas all.

(fck the begrudgers)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

merry Christmas from the far flung island....

Woke in the night and automatically checked my family phone number in BC Canada; they have been without power, phone etc since a wind storm nearly a week ago.

IT RANG! So had a good chat. Things are very hard there; imagine no power for days. Freezer gone... We are so blessed...

Well, if Santa came he took one look at all my cats and thought better of it.. ;)

But I had 2 most unexpected packets in the post y'day.... had to open them as they were wet through... So much sheer kindness..

Before I forget; seeing at least two boardsies are baby-ing? Happy to knit ... pm me?

Meanwhile. have a magnificent day.. Carols all day here..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Sitting at my sisters kitchen table drinking tea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement