Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

bedside still

3 isn't out till 2020, the nun ? they got the nun in that spot on!

The book is getting scarier by the minute!

What's the book? I must see if Annabelle is connected to them so and see if it's that or the Nun that comes first.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

home alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I'm at home, alone, waiting for Home Alone to start (RTE1 in five minutes). I had a couple of invitations, but I'm not that fond of Christmas Day. I hate being all 'Bah Humbug' about it, but Christmas dinner without my mother, my grandparents... my childhood... all dead and gone... makes me feel nothing but sadness and pretending to be jovial gives me a pain in the face.

We had a family 'Christmas breakfast' this morning, exchanged presents, etc, and that was nice, and now we've all gone on to do our own stuff. As the only one of my siblings without any in-law obligations, I'm free to spend the afternoon in front of the television eating Celebrations and drinking tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

sinking slowly out here in the western ocean... been a hectic, joyful week and am pleasantly replete with Christmas dinner; the cook is very good ;)

Never been on boards around Christmas before... ;)

Wondering if I can fit any pudding/dessert of any kind in.. hmmm... doubtful... maybe later

intend to go outside and get some air for just a moment, then I think crash... up since 3 am re contacting family...

Pleasant and relaxed evening to all out there.. the stress is over and time to enjoy the fruits etc of the work...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    What's the book? I must see if Annabelle is connected to them so and see if it's that or the Nun that comes first.

Bothell house by Keith linders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'm at work. Since 1. Until 10. Yah...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Setanter

just back from the 40 Foot. Surprising balmy this year. Blew the cobwebs off anyways.
    I am cooking dinner so here we go !!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitchen side , just put on my dinner, steak and wedges, hate turkey, Yuck!

Also wizard of oz is on, the wicked witch is some scary bitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Post Xmas dinner, washing done. Nap shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Back from post dinner stroll, tea, cake and telly for the evening.

• Advertisement

Almost done for another year thank the Gods. I'm not long back from the nursing home. My poor mammy didn't seem to know I was there. Funny enough when I asked her if I could live with her in the *happy world inside her head she said "no" :D.

*I like to think she is in a lovely place inside her mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Almost done for another year thank the Gods. I'm not long back from the nursing home. My poor mammy didn't seem to know I was there. Funny enough when I asked her if I could live with her in the *happy world inside her head she said "no" :D.

*I like to think she is in a lovely place inside her mind

A neighbor of mine is living in 1962 , she's a novelist and having a fling with Sean Connery ...it tears her kids apart to know she doesn't relate to them anymore... but they see she's happy in her reality...and it gives them a little comfort

• Registered Users Posts: 5,605 ✭✭✭obi604

Had Christmas dinner. Felt stuffed. Meself, the hurl, the sliotar and me thoughts went to the ball wall and did 25 minutes of ‘wristy ones’.
    Very therapeutic and needed after the dinner and just to get out of the house.

Flaked out on couch now. Tea (with 2 tea bags) and a wispa.....the simple things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Kitchen side , just put on my dinner, steak and wedges, hate turkey, Yuck!
    Also wizard of oz is on, the wicked witch is some scary bitch!

“Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets and then teams up with three strangers to kill again.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Just putting the chicken in the oven and have the potato cakes prepared. It's my first grown up Christmas without any relatives so we've decided to make a roast chicken with stuffing and potato cakes (very German). Some carrots and red cabbage to go on the side. A pity I'm full of roses and quality streets :D

Bedside watching wizard of Oz, poor dorety can't get home 😭

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Cork, in the madhouse that is my cousins house

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Still at work. Pretty sure I've managed to keep production below 10%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Back home...lurgy hitting bad .. think I'll not see the morn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Watch the wizard of oz too, scared me witless when I was a kid, I'll be switching over to willy wonka after, I'm recording it.
    I'm full of turkey again, it was just as nice today too.
    The 4 year old didn't wake until 9:10am for santy, it was class. I hit the wall today. I'm knackered. Jammies day and I haven't lifted a finger. Back to normal business tomorrow with the return of the hoardes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

im on peaky blinders s4.. very christmasy :d)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JazzJaquzzi

Sofa with hot water bottle. Jaysus, Christmas can be crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Sofa with hot water bottle. Jaysus, Christmas can be crap.

You ok?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Luxury of a lie in since I'm getting a taxi to work, still, got up and cleaned the kitchen just to be useful.. Cuppa and off to the coalface for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside watching my favourite man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭boardise

Just about to finish a sumptuous Christmas dinner having previously been engaged with a few thick morons on another thread.
    But life is too short to be bothered with ignorant R souls - so hurry up darling with the brandy butter and flick a couple mince pies in the nuclear machine while you're at it !
    Oh My God - I forgot to think about the poor unfortunate homeless and the hapless phuckers who have to work on Xmas day.
    Cancel the pies dear -I think I'll just go to bed and pine. That'll make things better for everyone won't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting room , fire lit ,Willie Wonka on the telly , coffee , apple tart and cream beside me . Plus a smoke for afters :p
    Everything sorted for round two tomorrow , table is even set , there must be something wrong with me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

In my room escaping my family. My dad has a brain aneurysm and an irregular heartbeat. Last night he took some kind of wee turn and my sister-in-law who is a nurse wanted him to go get checked in hospital. He said he was fine and if he wasn't well today he would go.

About an hour ago he said he was dizzy after getting up from the sofa to go to the toilet but is again refusing to go get checked. I haven't been drinking because of antibiotics and want to drive him, but he won't and mum is saying am making a fuss. Of course I am, I am worried he is having a stroke.

So now in my room coz I can't look at them all carrying on like nothing is wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Got very little sleep last night, was up very very early for work.
    Got home early, made myself a fry, went to sleep, missed dinner at in-laws.

But other half brought one back for me, but they had covered it in gravy, so it's just a sloppy stodgy mess... only fit for the dog.

About to put a frozen pizza in the oven, and I'll have a whiskey and ginger beer while in wait.

Fire is going, whiskey in hand, oven on.. it's better than last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Witchie , can you ring the Caredoc or whatever it's called in your area ? They might advise what's best to do ? If your dad would listen to them ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement