Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Witchie wrote: »
    In my room escaping my family. My dad has a brain aneurysm and an irregular heartbeat. Last night he took some kind of wee turn and my sister-in-law who is a nurse wanted him to go get checked in hospital. He said he was fine and if he wasn't well today he would go.

About an hour ago he said he was dizzy after getting up from the sofa to go to the toilet but is again refusing to go get checked. I haven't been drinking because of antibiotics and want to drive him, but he won't and mum is saying am making a fuss. Of course I am, I am worried he is having a stroke.

So now in my room coz I can't look at them all carrying on like nothing is wrong.

Oh Witchie I'm so sorry. That's awful.. Thinking of you x x

Watching Annabelle: Creation....

Why why why lol :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

at work now till 8am tomorrow morning

8th year in a row working 24th / 25th / 26th night shift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Witchie , can you ring the Caredoc or whatever it's called in your area ? They might advise what's best to do ? If your dad would listen to them ?

Second this but when my dad was unwell, they refused to come out to treat him without him consenting to treatment. If your dad has a public health nurse who keeps an eye on him, I found her to be an amazing help

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thinking of you witchie, hoping for the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am like a beached whale with red bloodshot eyes on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Second this but when my dad was unwell, they refused to come out to treat him without him consenting to treatment. If your dad has a public health nurse who keeps an eye on him, I found her to be an amazing help

Oh I know they can't call out to him if he doesn't want them to ! I just meant that
    If he would speak to the nurse on the phone himself she might advise him on what would be best for him to do , I know the Midoc here are great in doing that .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 JazzJaquzzi

northgirl wrote: »
    You ok?

Actually not. I've done my best to be cheerful, or just to hold it together, but I can't anymore. I've reached out for help, but that didn't work either. Hope it works for the next person. Thanks northgirl.

Actually not. I've done my best to be cheerful, or just to hold it together, but I can't anymore. I've reached out for help, but that didn't work either. Hope it works for the next person. Thanks northgirl.

It's ok to be not okay. No judgement here.

I have and still do call the Samaritans and find it usually somewhat helpful just to talk. I don't know what is going on for you but they're a freephone number and sometimes just getting everything out can help a little.

Sorry I can't do more for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Finally having my Christmas dinner, I may be a little drunk. Here is our beloved penis jug that a good friend of mine got me a few years ago :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,898 ✭✭✭gifted

In bed.....Shivering with the dam flu....sitting on the couch with a blanket over me for most of the afternoon.....pissed off with the timing.....

Reading a few of the recent posts makes me realise that my flu is only an inconvenience......positive vibes going out to ye, stay strong.

gifted wrote: »
    In bed.....Shivering with the dam flu....sitting on the couch with a blanket over me for most of the afternoon.....pissed off with the timing.....

Reading a few of the recent posts makes me realise that my flu is only an inconvenience......positive vibes going out to ye, stay strong.

Feel better soon x x

boardise wrote: »
    Just about to finish a sumptuous Christmas dinner having previously been engaged with a few thick morons on another thread.
    But life is too short to be bothered with ignorant R souls - so hurry up darling with the brandy butter and flick a couple mince pies in the nuclear machine while you're at it !
    Oh My God - I forgot to think about the poor unfortunate homeless and the hapless phuckers who have to work on Xmas day.
    Cancel the pies dear -I think I'll just go to bed and pine. That'll make things better for everyone won't it ?

You know you can spare a thought for those struggling without compromising your own enjoyment. Also I'm not sure whats hapless about working on Christmas day.

I'm in the bed eating Roses. Whoever said they weren't as nice these days was lying!! :p

Witchie I hope your dad will be ok. Awful worry for you. Just continue to keep an eye on him and fingers crossed all will work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Keeping everything crossed that your dad will be ok Witchie and it's nothing serious.

Watching the Christmas episode of First Dates.. There's a 101yr old man on it with the most beautiful skin, unreal.. Stove lighting here red wine and chocolate at hand.. Stuffed.

Still watching Annabelle, struggling to stay awake. Doing nothing much makes you tired :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Witchie, hope your Dad will be okay. Please please all will look up soon.

gifted, stay strong too brother. I'd drop the hand but I know it's female hands you're looking for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Minions in bed, on couch eating again.
    Lovely day here. No alcohol cos I'm on antibiotics but am enjoying a cold 7up.
    Witchie, hope your Dad is okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lying on the couch, was as full as a centipedes sock drawer earlier but might make a sandwich now.

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Lying on the couch, was as full as a centipedes sock drawer earlier but might make a sandwich now.

There he is now. I was only thinking about you yesterday kfallon :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

kfallon wrote: »

Fcuking LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Exactly where I want to be. Couldn't be happier​ :)

There he is now. I was only thinking about you yesterday kfallon :)

I won't ask you to elaborate :cool: :p

Exactly where I want to be. Couldn't be happier​ :)

Balls deep in some quare wan? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sitting room Cringing listening to Phil Mitchell sing the the pogues fairytale of new york, he butchered it!

Sitting room Cringing listening to Phil Mitchell sing the the pogues fairytale of new york, he Pat butchered it!

Fixed it for ya there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Oh I know they can't call out to him if he doesn't want them to ! I just meant that
    If he would speak to the nurse on the phone himself she might advise him on what would be best for him to do , I know the Midoc here are great in doing that .

Not a bad idea at all mam. It’s horrible when someone you love clearly needs help but won’t let you help.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Not a bad idea at all mam. It’s horrible when someone you love clearly needs help but won’t let you help.

That it is indeed , hopefully it all works out ok and Witchies dad will get checked out medically .

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Cushtie

On couch. Long day. Family we had over for Dinner all gone home now. Everyone else here gone to leaba. Having a quiet moment of peace here. Bits of tidying up to be done but might leave it to morning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Waiting on an out of hours doctor.
    Had a fall a few days ago, thought I'd be fine, but looks like I've damaged something, as having woeful back pains and can't sit for too long
    Great

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement