Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

In bed a tiny bit sad. Last feb my arthritis started whooping my ass. Started meds in summer but I’ve just realized I’m probably never going to get my real hands back. I struggle turning off a tap, twisting the knob, squeezing stuff out of bottles neatly empty, gripping things. I’m so much better than I was. Just not the same.

https://goo.gl/images/3jCN4s

But sure look. It’s dark. Everything is worse in the dark. I’m sure I’ll feel better about my hands in the morning.

Mrs G had a stroke in August 2017. Lost her Left side and she is left handed. Got some rehab and came back to some left side movement. She doesn't feel sorry for herself. I feel sorry for her and yet she soldiers on. Can't do a lot of what you can't do, but has to deal with the fatigue and Brain injury side of things as well. Embrace your physical injury as you can never fully embrace a brain injury as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

That’s awful G, but glad to hear she still gets on with things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Keep hold of that feeling Shpud, there’s always positives in life.

Update: In great pain but nurse had no problem with giving me painkiller. Things are still relatively good.

In bed trying to perfect the cardi b rap in girls like you maroon 5. I’m dosed with a cold since July really, from my methotrexate, but I got a germ cold in December and it’s ****in with me. Earlier on I couldn’t get warm. I had the gas on, heated the house, had a coal fire burning, had my fleece onesie on and a king sized fleece blanket folded in half wrapped around me. I wasn’t warm, just comfortable. Now I’m in bed, window slightly open, just a T-shirt on, an lying on top of my duvet under a blanket sweating and breathing like a pervert in a phonebox. Don’t feel sick whatsoever. Just irritated at little things, please don’t let the germ cold get me again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Everyone sounds down? Ah well.... cloud 9 is fine for a while but you need a good head for heights.. crash landings can be painful... OUCH!

Listening to the wind and the quiet ticking of my little clock... Waiting for the cat to warm my feet up but he has gone to sleep on the job. After that huge tasty feed I gave him!!!

Yawn,,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

In bed, just put on Mr Elliots water, giving him an extra bit cos he caught the dose and has a big dirty cough. Had me worried since new years eve but he's coping well, resp rate is still normal and he's not retracting when breathing or wheezing. (:D think I'll start that medical degree..) so, I can relax, sorta. The cough is loosening.
    Having a family party for the almost 9 year old today, cake and the rest of the Christmas sweeties.. Get them out of the house. Sponge is made, I shall ice it later. I Didn't lose any weight this week, but I didn't gain so a win of sorts with 1lb down for the christmas season. Back to the grind after a small piece of cake later.. Then off to smyths this afternoon with 4 kids.. Cos, I have no sense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Bedside with a cupan tae and toast, awake since 4:30, rudely awoken by that alcoholic knob stomping around the place .

Bedside with a cupan tae and toast, awake since 4:30, rudely awoken by that alcoholic knob stomping around the place .

(((HUGS)))

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Bedside, don't wanna adult today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Damn this work thing liked to get in my way :D

Workside

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Dark and cold out this morning.
    Back in from a few chores, having tea and toast.
    Mrs gone back to work today, all alone here now.
    I feel at peace this morning, rested and relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Day 1 of my week in this hotel, going teatotal is kinda easy around here, so have elected to try being a vegetarian for the month, lets see if I can give up beef, chicken and fish.

Hotel lunch time buffet here I come :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Lying in bed listening to my lungs wheeze a tune for me.

I have my annual review at the CF clinic next week so I think I'll bite the bullet and weigh myself today. Send help.

I hope Elliot gets over his cough soon Cbyrd, at least the dirty stuff is coming up!

Just back from departures Dublin airport.
    Bye bye boyfriend, again!

Airports..... One day, happiest place ever....
    Next day, saddest.......

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

bubblypop wrote: »
    Just back from departures Dublin airport.
    Bye bye boyfriend, again!

Airports..... One day, happiest place ever....
    Next day, saddest.......

*Hugs*

Heading out for a walk, not in good form today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hugs for you both Bubbly and Seph.. Am away to an anniversary mass for a friend later. Hard to believe she's gone so long.. Myself and her mam will be reminiscing half the night no doubt.

Hugs for you both Bubbly and Seph.. Am away to an anniversary mass for a friend later. Hard to believe she's gone so long.. Myself and her mam will be reminiscing half the night no doubt.

*bear hug*

I'm in work. As predicted I didn't wake until 8.30 so ended up driving. Grand day for it because the roads were quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I'm in work. As predicted I didn't wake until 8.30 so ended up driving. Grand day for it because the roads were quiet.

Wait until Monday.:eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

in my apartment, back to reality today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Wait until Monday.:eek::eek:

Traffic in Cork is chaotic today.

Chilling out, got upstairs cleaned and the insides of the windows done. Nothing to do with the rest of my afternoon only watch Netflix. I’m on the fourth episode of You. It’s very gripping. It’s about an guy obsessing over a girl, and he’s flat out stalking her. Very interesting.

Chilling out, got upstairs cleaned and the insides of the windows done. Nothing to do with the rest of my afternoon only watch Netflix. I’m on the fourth episode of You. It’s very gripping. It’s about an guy obsessing over a girl, and he’s flat out stalking her. Very interesting.

A few people were discussing that show in work, they said it was weird that at the end they all liked the stalker despite what he had done, I'm gong to watch it over the weekend.

Making a sandwich in the kitchen

Jaysus you were in early :-P I thought you didn't start till 8:30 pm :-p

fending off an amorous kitten who thinks my hands are her lollipops and who is purring so loud... wrestling my fingers.... lying on the keyboard... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I've mowed the lawn today, unbelievable the way grass has grown.
    Some potted plants are budding already, makes me feel springlike almost.
    I think we will pay for this yet.

Edward M wrote: »
    I've mowed the lawn today, unbelievable the way grass has grown.
    Some potted plants are budding already, makes me feel springlike almost.
    I think we will pay for this yet.

Weather does not think like that! Just IS. Of course we will inevitably get colder weather at some stage.

Getting ready to close down. Kitten has flaked out! I know how she feels ;)

In work feeling awful tired. Come 5pm its lucozade time.

In work feeling awful tired. Come 5pm its lucozade time.

In other words........time for a pint :D :pac: ?

• Advertisement

In other words........time for a pint :D :pac: ?

I wish! In work until 7 :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement