Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table...waiting for the three chicks to get ready, heading into galway city to look at communion dress for the middle chicken...God help me but she's a girly girl....gonna be a tough morning

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Hairdresser-treating myself to a wash & blowdry.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Trying to rouse myself so I can get ready to head to Cork for a friend's birthday. I need to hop in the shower, but the thoughts of getting wet and having a cold wet head on me...bleugh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In my room, you could cut the tension in the house with a knife, man child off on one of his tantrums stomping around the house like a 5 year old, think I might head down the park :3.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

In my room, you could cut the tension in the house with a knife, man child off on one of his tantrums stomping around the house like a 5 year old, think I might head down the park :3.

wise move; get some air! Blessings and peace

• Advertisement

getting ready to close and crash. Or even crash and close.... ;)

One of my faith family in Canada is in ICU there and not expected to survive the week. A young man still... we are gutted.

calling mam_of_4..! Your message box is full.. sending an email to your email.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Morning all. Still in hospital unsurprisingly and had a terrible night's sleep. Hot shower, breakfast and meds had but really not feeling myself at all today :(

Been in the gym all morning. Pounded the punching bag for a bit and then hit the treadmill. Still feel cloudy, not myself and scared. Sick of this place :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Back from the park, so lucky to live near a beautiful park, the waterways while not full to the brim with water had water in them and it looked far cleaner than it ever has, so good to see, seeing as they were bone dry all summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just home from the funeral in Dublin (friend's dad died on New Years Eve so few of us went to show support). Bit tired as it was an early start, but planning to have a lazy afternoon so that balances out nicely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just back from an overnight trip to visit a friends grave and the annual catch up with her mam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Just finished a toastie and watching the first episode of You, thanks for the suggestion Shoesday! All wrapped up in a blanket and feeling nice and warm.

I hope you're doing ok after the anniversary Grem.

I'm sorry you're not having a good day Shpud, some days are just like that. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Couchside, on to the fifth episode of You :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I'm sorry you're not having a good day Shpud, some days are just like that. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you.
    I know. I've since had a nap, got my vitals done and then got weighted. Only put on .1 kg over the past 3 weeks even though I've been eating all around me. All good now back to bed. Napping but at least it distracts me from dark thoughts.

Sorry for my constant boring updates. I just feel like you guys are the only ones that listen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Shpud2 wrote: »
    I know. I've since had a nap, got my vitals done and then got weighted. Only put on .1 kg over the past 3 weeks even though I've been eating all around me. All good now back to bed. Napping but at least it distracts me from dark thoughts.

Sorry for my constant boring updates. I just feel like you guys are the only ones that listen.

They aren't boring updates and no need to apologise. I struggle with agoraphobia so a lot of my posts are from the couch and I worry about seeming boring too! People are happy to hear how you're getting on.

Have a good nap and hopefully you feel a bit better when you wake up. Still on the couch :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

They’re not boring! All I ever post about is hoovering the gaff or playing with my dogs.
    Speaking of which, my youngest has kind of learned how to walk on his back legs. He gets real excited, and jumps up on his back legs to stand with his front paws on me, but he has started to do it a bit back from me and can take like two steps forward to me but almost like side ways? He looks like he’s doing kung fu fighting. So cute

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Back to the Future Part II on Film4+1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Deskside listening to coast to coast am "Murders in the grand canyon"

That's always the way "Ahh sure just the one"

3 hours later you're on number 4!

There's a quote, I think it was sinatra or one of his ilk who coined it. "going for one drink is like going to the top of a skyscraper, jumping off and only expecting to fall one floor" makes sense to me. Currently on the enterprise Belfast bound having a Bushmills and coke.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Shpud2 wrote:

Succubus_ wrote:
    They aren't boring updates and no need to apologise. I struggle with agoraphobia so a lot of my posts are from the couch and I worry about seeming boring too! People are happy to hear how you're getting on.

Updates are by no means boring. It is better to get any negative thoughts out of our heads and shared with someone/anyone.

There's a quote, I think it was sinatra or one of his ilk who coined it. "going for one drink is like going to the top of a skyscraper, jumping off and only expecting to fall one floor" makes sense to me. Currently on the enterprise Belfast bound having a Bushmills and coke.

Have a look at Mickey Flanagan's Out Out comedy sketch. This very topic.

Lying in bed after a mini-snooze. I should get up or I'll not sleep tonight, but it's nice & cosy here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Couchside. Didn't wake till 3 pm :o
    Have no get up and go today.

Some movies and some food for the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Trying to get my head into work mode.. I should really have booked this off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Back on the enterprise heading home, I don't rest on me laurels (in and out and no f*ckin about) sitting with a cool American couple and shooting the sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

In bed. Bad hangover. finished old job. New job Monday

Oh and Birthday next Wednesday

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Been having a lazy afternoon as planned and just had dinner there now so stuffed. Thinking about whether or not to have a bottle or two or Bulmers.

Doing a rewatch of House of Cards S1 - whatever about Spacey the man, the character he created from a script was one of the best in recent times.
    Oustanding intro/title sequence and music too:

Couch side watching Ace Ventura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, trying to think where I left my memory stick, sometimes I think my updates are boring too :o

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Couch side watching Ace Ventura

Dukes of Hazzard film now.

No sign of Daisy yet.

In my favourite pub waiting on my first drink, in shocking form today, shouldn't be mixing with the public at all lol.. Is there a full moon due or is it just me.. I'd fight with my fingernails today and I hate what I'm wearing ffs.

• Advertisement

Off to Lidl to buy peanuts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement