Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Had to take a detour this morning, roadworks. Came across this hill and stunning view, made my day so far.
    attachmentIMG_20190108_085616

Thats really nice Edward. I love Ireland. There is just so much beauty here!

I'm sitting on the couch doing a bit of work. My professional membership fee is due and I think they need an email enquiring about where the money goes. I sure as hell don't see any of it.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,249 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Gulliver's Retail Park (#26)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thats really nice Edward. I love Ireland. There is just so much beauty here!

I'm sitting on the couch doing a bit of work. My professional membership fee is due and I think they need an email enquiring about where the money goes. I sure as hell don't see any of it.

Join my professional society instead, it only cost 700 a month :3 :pac: and you get a list of where the money is spent :pac:

I'm in cork city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Home home. Can smell the dinner. Feel like I can breathe again. Love this house, home is really where your people are :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

In the office.. Well currently in the car outside the office having a bit of a break and listening to tunes on the fantastic sound system this big A6 of mine comes with :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Deskside. Not much of an appetite. Feeling drained. Looking forward to going home this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

northgirl wrote: »
    Deskside. Not much of an appetite. Feeling drained. Looking forward to going home this evening.

Yea bit worn out myself. Didn't sleep great Sunday night and its still impacting me.

Think I might work from home tomorrow though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

On a bus away from hospital.

Also my grandfather is supposed to be coming home from hospital today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Edward M wrote: »
    I'm too simple to be troubled too much by life.

Same as that, I take pleasure in the small things in life, I'm not one for material possessions, expensive clothes, fancy restaurants, I take great joy in spending time with family and friends, watching a good match, having a handy flutter on the horses, spending time in the garden pottering about, things like that. I think a lot of the overthinking people do has to do with feeling they're not as good as everyone else, fcek that, life is what you make it and people shouldn't give a toss about what others think of them and feeling that they should fit in ;)

Anyway, back on topic, I'm homeside after a few hours at the coalface this morning, back for full day tomorrow, few chores done here now so settling down to read the paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

GoneHome wrote: »
    Same as that, I take pleasure in the small things in life, I'm not one for material possessions, expensive clothes, fancy restaurants, I take great joy in spending time with family and friends, watching a good match, having a handy flutter on the horses, spending time in the garden pottering about, things like that. I think a lot of the overthinking people do has to do with feeling they're not as good as everyone else, fcek that, life is what you make it and people shouldn't give a toss about what others think of them and feeling that they should fit in ;)

Anyway, back on topic, I'm homeside after a few hours at the coalface this morning, back for full day tomorrow, few chores done here now so settling down to read the paper.

Gooooood advice! In the office, a little sunshine about...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

On a bus back to the hospital. Probably gonna be about 10 minutes late. Hopefully they don't mind. Anyways I got McDonald's for the first time in weeks. Been so long that inflation has caused prices to go up. Also bought a new magazine and got plenty of research done. Feeling positive for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

Edward M wrote: »
    You'd be on my text alert here if you did that. :D

I'm on the parents committee :D
    I'd know a lot of the kids by name and I'm always in and out of the school...with sweets :P

GoneHome wrote: »

I agree. Constant complaining about this that and the other only feeds the negativity. I'm not talking about a person who is in real emotional pain and needs to talk, its the victims, the wallowers, the ones who take zero responsibility for their lives so everyone else is at fault, to me they are very difficult to take.

There is much in this world to be thankful for. Ok so I don't have my mam, I might not have as much money as I'd like, life has been tough, but I'm alive and there are people who I love. Just stop and breathe and know that whatever hardships you have that it won't last forever, that in the grand scheme of things you are lucky.

I am in work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Armchair, writing my Erasmus report. Eating a chocolate Santa by way of motivation

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside firing off cv's!

I agree. Constant complaining about this that and the other only feeds the negativity. I'm not talking about a person who is in real emotional pain and needs to talk, its the victims, the wallowers, the ones who take zero responsibility for their lives so everyone else is at fault, to me they are very difficult to take.

There is much in this world to be thankful for. Ok so I don't have my mam, I might not have as much money as I'd like, life has been tough, but I'm alive and there are people who I love. Just stop and breathe and know that whatever hardships you have that it won't last forever, that in the grand scheme of things you are lucky.

Fine so poly don't join my professional society then *huff* :3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Here here. Or as uncle Monty would say here, hare here! You'll find with a lot of those people they like being the victim. That's their shtick and the attention that comes from it is like crack to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Here here. Or as uncle Monty would say here, hare here! You'll find with a lot of those people they like being the victim. That's their shtick and the attention that comes from it is like crack to them.

My mam had a friend like this. The kind of person who’s be raging if something awful happened someone else because it’s less pity for her. It’s a bizarre way to live. Nothing is bad forever.

I’m in the car singing songs loudly and badly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Here Hare here!

But completely agree. Wallowing in self pity is ok from time to time, we all do it privately or publicly, but some are always wallowing. Hard to bear.
    Focus on the positives. Spread joy.

I can actually ignore them but it's the fcuking dopes that pander to them that listen to the constant inane drivel even encourage them, they drive me insane. Ffs we all have to do certain things that are painful, ordinary everyday stuff but grand if you just say it in passing eg traffic was ****e or kids are sick but going into miniscule detail is unnecessary and anyone that entertains it nodding their heads is worse.. Some people just love going on about themselves and their kids and their pets etc, I can't listen to it tbh... And they know it too lol.

• Advertisement

Some people just love going on about themselves and their kids and their pets etc, I can't listen to it tbh... And they know it too lol.

I will admit though, I have very little going on in my life and my pets are my life, or at least, the only part of my life I feel comfortable sharing with the outside world!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Here Hare here!

But completely agree. Wallowing in self pity is ok from time to time, we all do it privately or publicly, but some are always wallowing. Hard to bear.
    Focus on the positives. Spread joy.

Or spread your legs :D

Speaking of which, off to do some gardening ;)

Now relocated to the couch to play some PlayStation

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Shoe.... Grace7 is correct in saying that some supplements may interact badly with prescribed medicines, so don't accept this as medical advise, Vitamin K and Warfarin for example.
    For me, I'm not allowed to take most OTC medicines even cough syrup without a doctors supervision (Codeine in cough syrup could get me fired as it would show up as cocaine in a drugs test) So I use a lot of powders and vitamins, such a cinnamon, turmeric, green tea etc, I found that magnesium helps me sleep peacefully, on off days I might use melatonin. But what works for me might be completely different for the next person :)

Back in my hotel, 12 hours until I leave here again tomorrow for another couple of jaunts.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

smurfjed wrote: »
    @Shoe.... Grace7 is correct in saying that some supplements may interact badly with prescribed medicines, so don't accept this as medical advise, Vitamin K and Warfarin for example.
    For me, I'm not allowed to take most OTC medicines even cough syrup without a doctors supervision (Codeine in cough syrup could get me fired as it would show up as cocaine in a drugs test) So I use a lot of powders and vitamins, such a cinnamon, turmeric, green tea etc, I found that magnesium helps me sleep peacefully, on off days I might use melatonin. But what works for me might be completely different for the next person :)

Back in my hotel, 12 hours until I leave here again tomorrow for another couple of jaunts.

Just a quick endorsement of this; not up to posting much just now. When I first had CFS/ME I tried every supplement and herbal stuff there was and had a few bad experiences . These are powerful substances. google has good sites on most of them. One danger too is OTC painkillers as so many have paracetamol that OD is a real risk.

I tried valerian but did not help me sleep and a real hangover effect. Codeine is the only analgesic that works for me. As you say we are each different..

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Now relocated to the couch to play some PlayStation

What are we playing kitty?

Graces7 wrote: »
    Just a quick endorsement of this; not up to posting much just now. When I first had CFS/ME I tried every supplement and herbal stuff there was and had a few bad experiences . These are powerful substances. google has good sites on most of them. One danger too is OTC painkillers as so many have paracetamol that OD is a real risk.

I tried valerian but did not help me sleep and a real hangover effect. Codeine is the only analgesic that works for me. As you say we are each different..
    I self medicate like a boss. When my back is at me and I go to the gp I always have to 1/2 the real amount of medication I take and he still gives out to me that it’s way too much. I’m a little more careful since I started the chemo tablets, as in I don’t take nurofen but will happily roofie myself with solpodol.
    Not a huge fan of codeine as it makes me really really high and I hate that feeling. I think I’m sensitive to it. I’ll def enquire about the magnesium next time I’m with the pharmacist though Smurf, thanks for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Wise words.. as for me, at my advanced age, which I still am incredulous about, deeply thankflu to be alive on this sweet, hard earth. To have a safe roof, a bed, food and enough money for my real needs. Riches are not about money.. The less you have the more you treasure small things that are great.

I never had real money because of illness; never lacked a roof, a safe place. And for me, the ability to give is the greatest privilege.

And now a safe place for these later years, a place of peace and beauty and kindness to receive and to give.

no one could be richer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I will admit though, I have very little going on in my life and my pets are my life, or at least, the only part of my life I feel comfortable sharing with the outside world!

Yeah but you're not a serial whinger. Moany bastards are a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement

What are we playing kitty?

Batman: Return to Arkham :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement