Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Because people might like to come back. I would have loved to have voted in Brexit, but unfortunately had lived out of the country for a few years to long.

Yeah like all the men in the pubs of Boston and New York always had something to say about home but never came back to change it.
    BS corner as it was known in any pub I was in over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

GoneHome wrote: »
    At the coalface, should be a handy day today, not many around. Looking forward to a sociable long weekend, I can taste this evening's pints already.
    I am sampling them for you now. Well it is after 6pm here so its allowed.  I am working, well researching and starting a piece I need to write, while consuming pints of tiger. Will be fun to read the nonsense again next week.

I am celebrating that I signed closing docs and DHL'd them about an hour ago. The DHL office is across the road from the Healy Mac's Irish Bar near my house so would be rude not to like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Go woken up this morning by tonnes of sloppy kisses.... by the dog! Looks like i have to get back to his routine, 6am wake up and let me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Back from grocery shopping and heading out for a walk in the fresh crisp air.

I says wrote: »
    Well come home and vote if you’re not in you can’t win as the fella says.
    Why should anyone not in the country be allowed vote? Enlighten me.

because a lot of people are working abroad, that doesn't mean that Ireland is not their principal residence. I will be home in December after 18 Months overseas.
    I wouldn't expect to vote in general or local elections, I think only people living in the country should be allowed to do that.
    But major changes to the society that I live in, or will be again, such as referendums, then yes I believe people living overseas should get a vote. Only for a certain amount of years, not forever.
    presidential elections? meh, probably not so important.

I did go home in May to vote, unfortunately I just couldnt make it for this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Im still in easkey.......election chat forum is that way >>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Good Afternoon all :)

I'll vote for Gifted for president :D

Ted and Seph will also get my votes ;)

What could go wrong ;)

Carside people watching

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Spam folder-side

Wondering how it is that I've been getting spam from "tedswoodworking" ("Earths largest database of woodworking projects").

No searches or youtube activity to provoke this.....just Boards

Any suggestions :cool: ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Autosport wrote: »
    Good Afternoon all :)

I'll vote for Gifted for president :D

Ted and Seph will also get my votes ;)

What could go wrong ;)

Carside people watching

My first order is to nominate Auto as vice president....lol lol.....and Ireland to be renames Cork.....and perving to be legalised lol lol

Aw jaysus.....

Was on my way home in a taxi and messaging a guy I do some writing for. Was telling him I was finished and gonna drink a few pints and then tried to send a sticker.

So was searching for a beers sticker when the car hit a bump and I sent the one I was scrolling past saying "love you bro".

Could only happen to me.
    Agh.

I explained but now worry he thinks I want more out of our working relationship.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Witchie wrote: »
    Aw jaysus.....

Was on my way home in a taxi and messaging a guy I do some writing for. Was telling him I was finished and gonna drink a few pints and then tried to send a sticker.

So was searching for a beers sticker when the car hit a bump and I sent the one I was scrolling past saying "love you bro".

Could only happen to me.
    Agh.

I explained but now worry he thinks I want more out of our working relationship.

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Witchie wrote: »
    Aw jaysus.....

Could only happen to me.
    Agh.

Send another text with 3 aubergines.... that'll sort it out for you!

Think I'm getting a cold or something... head fuzzy and temp gone up...just what I need for the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Twenty minutes to go at the coalface, home, shower and change, off out to vote in local village and a few pints to begin the weekend

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,348 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Roomside after a disappointing day,furiously cleaning with casiopea on in the background, hoovering, folding clothes etc :3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Fire's lit and contemplating dinner, followed by an evening of TV, a few drinks, and nothing else to do for the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I want to be srameen when I grow up! There’s a real sense of peace and calm about your posts. Like you know when your whole life is falling to ****, and you go home to your parents house and you feel safe and that things will be grand? That kind of grown up feeling about you!

I’m going to physio now, ignoring my life falling to sh1t. Should prob go to dr. Woke up during night feeling like I couldn’t breathe, I’m breathing like a paedo in a playground all day, and almost had a heart attack climbing the stairs, full on winded with a pain in my chesticles

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Getting glammed up for a meal out with the munchkins and their partners :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

In the pub, not working on a Friday oh my!.

On the couch, one the wine, bit early but it's the long weekend so stat as I mean to go on.

Haven't had a hand drop in a couple of months.. Just saying..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

About to open a bottle of shiraz, dinner cooking, child asleep (and I think husband is too) so TV to myself, wine to myself and if they all stay asleep a pizza for 2 people - to myself. Happy days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Whispered wrote: »
    About to open a bottle of shiraz, dinner cooking, child asleep (and I think husband is too) so TV to myself, full bottle of wine to myself and if they all stay asleep a pizza for 2 people - to myself. Happy days!

😂😂

Have the 2 year old down, 6 year old in a minute. Relaxing by the fire while Mam does the stories.
    Bottle of Carndhu waiting after that.

Finally homeside and then off to vote and it's takeaway night :)

Not moving for the night as it's too cold outside for me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Home after a busy day. Going to have a shower wash my hair and go to bed early

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'm after putting the electric blanket back on the bed. Gonna be nice & toasty later.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    I'm after putting the electric blanket back on the bed. Gonna be nice & toasty later.

I've the hot water bottle in mine :D

Couchside after voting :)

It's almost 4 am and himself has just left to meet his business partner and discuss business. Weird night owls the pair of them.

Had a blissful evening. This love stuff is powerful. Lying in bed letting the waves of bliss wash over me.

My chauffeur has just gone to Lennoxs.. Big order.. Starving.. Diet has just left the building.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home with a belly full of fine wine. More expensive than I can afford. Hic.

Just watching celebrity gogglebox and sweet Jesus who is cutting onions around me :(

And now playing the song that gets me every time :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It's almost 4 am
    Who discusses business at 4am? Witchie, be careful.
    Watching Making of a Murderer series 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement