Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Heading post office-side to (hopefully!) apply for my passport once and for all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Finally sitting down after a busy day. Started with a long walk, then chopped firewood, set the fire, mowed most of the lawn and did a litter pick along the road. Time to relax with the paper before getting dinner,

I'm in bed. I should really go to the doctor about my sinuses but I don't have the energy to get showered and go walking :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I'm in bed. I should really go to the doctor about my sinuses but I don't have the energy to get showered and go walking :(

Are you riddled too? I have a sinus infection, got anti biotics for it but trying to hold off taking it or I’ll be a run down wreck for the next 6 months. Have you ever tried snot rinsing? I highly recommend it. I use the neilmed one. It’s very good and gives relief quite quickly. Google “sinus drainage massage” and if you can tolerate try that. Also the dr told me to get Vick’s/olobus oil and put it in a huge bowl of boiling water and hold your head over it with a towel to breathe in the steam, she reckons it gets right back to the very back!

Now you’ll most likely still need to see the dr but genuinely, that’ll help in the short term. The massage is uncomfortable to do so adjust the pressure for yourself but it gives almost immediate relief.

I’m going to give mine til the weekend and if it’s still there I’ll crack on with the anti biotics

I definitely have a sinus infection Shoes. I should have bought the Neils Med thing the last time this happened but sure I thought I'd be grand. Tomorrow I'm going to doc because I have to go out anyway for work so will pick one up then.
    I don't have any vicks but I did steam over a bowl of hot water earlier. Didn't do a thing. Must look up the nasal massage and give that a go.
    We are a pair of auld crocks :D

• Advertisement

Poor ole daddy Lexie used to tell me I was lucky I wasn’t a horse or they’d have me shot! Definitely get the neilmed. It honestly is amazing. The minute you feel it coming on, whoosh it up your nostrils.

I’m just leaving a cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Google “sinus drainage massage” and if you can tolerate try that.
    Friend of mine was one the first people to enter a newly opened tomb in the Valley of the Kings, he then developed a sinus infection that was literally like little mushrooms growing in the warm dark damp nasal passages. The result was that he had to have holes drilled in his passages to allow in light so the mushrooms could be treated by antibiotics. He now loves flushing out his nasal passages and swears by the benefits. For me, I find it kinda like my expectation of water boarding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Got my fringe cut, I can see again :D had a little walk (my walking test was awful with my oxygen saturations dropping very quickly) so I'm trying to get out for a short walk a couple of times a week at least. Treated my mammy to lunch and got myself a new blusher and jumper. So this is what it feels like to go out into the world and not freak out, it's very enjoyable. I think I might be getting the hang of this being human thing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Just out of boots, feet up having a slice of bread and jam. I'm hungry and there's no dinner, I'm the designated dinner maker today.
    Spaghett any bologcanmakenese it will be today, we should all be sitting at 6:30.

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    Friend of mine was one the first people to enter a newly opened tomb in the Valley of the Kings, he then developed a sinus infection that was literally like little mushrooms growing in the warm dark damp nasal passages. The result was that he had to have holes drilled in his passages to allow in light so the mushrooms could be treated by antibiotics. He now loves flushing out his nasal passages and swears by the benefits. For me, I find it kinda like my expectation of water boarding.

The CF clinic give out to me if I don't rinse my sinuses three times a day. I have chronic sinusitis so I'm supposed to do it every day. Pain in the hole, it actually doesn't feel bad but it's just annoying having to do it so much.

Is it gross that I want to see this

Me too.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    The CF clinic give out to me if I don't rinse my sinuses three times a day. I have chronic sinusitis so I'm supposed to do it every day. Pain in the hole, it actually doesn't feel bad but it's just annoying having to do it so much.

I don’t have any other reason to do it except for the fact it’s addictive AF :D the very first time I did it bright yellow liquid poured out and I’ve been chasing the high ever since. I love how it pops my ears and equalizes ear pressure. I love the first breath you take after doing it. I love knowing all my nose is clear. I would be in my element like lose my life from excitement if I flushed a mushroom out of my nose.

I don’t have any other reason to do it except for the fact it’s addictive AF :D the very first time I did it bright yellow liquid poured out and I’ve been chasing the high ever since. I love how it pops my ears and equalizes ear pressure. I love the first breath you take after doing it. I love knowing all my nose is clear. I would be in my element like lose my life from excitement if I flushed a mushroom out of my nose.

You really don't want to know what comes out of my nose. Let's just say it horrifies and fascinates my missus in equal measure :D the CF clinic would love you!!

Wanna see what exactly?

He used to chat to my Golden Labrador by lying nose to nose on the floor, the poor dog then got the same infection and his nose decayed and started to fall off, he still lived to 16 years but with half a nose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Sirius Boner

I've broken my nose approx 5 times...I can't breathe even on a good day...tried the neilmed stuff... may as well have been waving feathers in the air for all the good it did
    :D

Wanna see what exactly?

He used to chat to my Golden Labrador by lying nose to nose on the floor, the poor dog then got the same infection and his nose decayed and started to fall off, he still lived to 16 years but with half a nose.
    Nose mushrooms.
    No way?! That is absolutely violent. Did anything happen to the mans nose???

I’m about to go into dunnes but I’m pure glued to this thread now

Nose mushrooms.
    No way?! That is absolutely violent. Did anything happen to the mans nose???

I’m about to go into dunnes but I’m pure glued to this thread now

You wouldn't want that lad getting down I'd be thinking, a whole new world of possibilities of where this could go just opened up. :D

Did anything happen to the mans nose???
    He got grounded from his job while all this was going on, but following the internal operation he went back to work. He now how 6 internally drilled holes in his nasal passages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Home, survived the day... Just! Now in jammies and slippers with the fire lit. Sympathies to all the sinus sufferers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I need to stop reading this thread. Am imagining I have a sinus infection now.
    Or is it real?

I really shouldn’t have opened this thread while eating dinner :o

I need to stop reading this thread. Am imagining I have a sinus infection now.
    Or is it real?

Well be thankful it’s not nose 🍄

I am home about to light the fire whack on the heating and root myself to the couch for the night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

I've had a constant sinus infection/cold for the past month, I wonder is it the mild weather, never had it going on this long in previous years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,095 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Well be thankful it’s not nose ðŸ„

I am home about to light the fire whack on the heating and root myself to the couch for the night

Yeah, and there goes my plans for mushroom soup for my tea.

Homeside, but about to head to a public speaking class shortly. I have no problems with speaking publicly, but I talk very fast without even realising it, and I’m wondering if this will help with that.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

On the M7 motorway, passenger in a car (relax! :D) on my way down to Kerry for a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Yeah, and there goes my plans for mushroom soup for my tea.

I don't like mushrooms per se, but I make a few concoctions around Halloween...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,162 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Between my tech desk and the kitchen. Finishing a job and making my dinner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement