Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Ah jaysus, I just remembered that today is a scheduled day that the electricity is off. I remembered at 9:58, when it went off. I hadn't made my coffee.. Cue a mad dash to look for batteries to power up the radio, and the minipresso for a coffee (thank god I have it) no dvd player charged or my phone.. Goddam. Anyway, the up side is no vacuuming today :D

Having a coffee overlooking Dublin Bay, fabulous sunny morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

smurfjed wrote: »
    Lunch

Now that's a little fancier than you'd get on Ryanair :D

I also like that the beef lasagne is described as a "light dish", I wonder what they consider a heavy one to be! :p

Running late as usual and lying on bed after a shower. Procrastinating of course so I'll be even later. Where's the thrill if you aren't having a mad dash to get somewhere on time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

cbyrd wrote: »
    Ah jaysus, I just remembered that today is a scheduled day that the electricity is off. I remembered at 9:58, when it went off. I hadn't made my coffee.. Cue a mad dash to look for batteries to power up the radio, and the minipresso for a coffee (thank god I have it) no dvd player charged or my phone.. Goddam. Anyway, the up side is no vacuuming today :D

You are all electric? OH MY! After one bad winter I refused anywhere that had no gas cooker alternative.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back up again, this hamster rarely gets off the wheel.

• Advertisement

Graces7 wrote: »

You are all electric? OH MY! After one bad winter I refused anywhere that had no gas cooker alternative.

Ah no, I'll still have to cook, I have a gas cooker and I can use the top of the stove too, it's big enough. It's the other stuff, like the coffee. .. And coffee. And well it's just thrown my day completely.

On break at the coalface, this day next week I will be packing for my sky trip.. Bring it on as I'm suffering from a severe case of workitis, homeitis, childrenitisis.. Peopleitis it is in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Hey! So what have I missed? Haven't the energy to go back and read all the posts since Sunday.

Been teaching Korean kids English since Monday and despite some hiccups, am loving it. They are such sweet kids (well most of them) aged from 8 to 11. I have 2 classes with 11 kids in each. They do 3 hours in the morning and 2 in the afternoon and this is called a "Winter Camp". Poor buggers.

Now home on my sofa doing my real job and trying to stay awake.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ah no, I'll still have to cook, I have a gas cooker and I can use the top of the stove too, it's big enough. It's the other stuff, like the coffee. .. And coffee. And well it's just thrown my day completely.

ah I use instant... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I’m in work, back aching like mad. Feels like another bout is about to attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Lunch at the coalface of local government.
    My tired is tired today.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Eating lunch sitting at my desk. Think I'll head out for a ramble down the canal after this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Feckin plastering, its cold today and my hands are nearly numb. Going for some soup and a sandwich for lunch, I can wrap my fingers around the bowl and get warm.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside drinking tea. Will head to Limerick later to get a form from Specsavers so I can get an eye test, and then pick up the bf after his class.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

So you like the Minipresso

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Now that's a little fancier than you'd get on Ryanair :D

I also like that the beef lasagne is described as a "light dish", I wonder what they consider a heavy one to be! :p

Running late as usual and lying on bed after a shower. Procrastinating of course so I'll be even later. Where's the thrill if you aren't having a mad dash to get somewhere on time :p

I gave up at this stage as I don’t eat on flights 😀

Not a lot of snow in this part of Switzerland but it still looks amazing

So you like the Minipresso
    I do :D it saved a child or 2

I'm all dressed up, thank god the electricity came back on at 2 cos I forgot all about the parent teacher meeting today for the 4th year's.. Dry shampoo can only do so much :v

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Not a lot of snow in this part of Switzerland but it still looks amazing

Are you not upfront today or hitching a lift?

Beside, another sinus / chest infection person down. Steroids and antibiotics have been taken. Begging them to kick in soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

One of those days where the clock wound down unnoticed: 4 o'clock already. Taking a break before making some beef burgers and cutting the chips.

• Advertisement

Finished work. Just been to load up on cleaning products to give the house a good going over before the soaps. I eventually found the star drops pink stuff. It’s great for cleaning, well everything. They had only got rose or bouquet zoflora and neither of them are my favs, so I got the bouquet but I’m on the hunt for sweet pea. Also got the flash bathroom with the frebreeze because it’s like perfume. I use it everywhere though, not just bathroom. Just going into another shop to see if I can get a window squuujee thing. If not the spray and the cloth will have to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Packing up here, another job finished off.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Finished work. Just been to load up on cleaning products to give the house a good going over before the soaps. I eventually found the star drops pink stuff. It’s great for cleaning, well everything. They had only got rose or bouquet zoflora and neither of them are my favs, so I got the bouquet but I’m on the hunt for sweet pea. Also got the flash bathroom with the frebreeze because it’s like perfume. I use it everywhere though, not just bathroom. Just going into another shop to see if I can get a window squuujee thing. If not the spray and the cloth will have to do.

I can send you a sweetpea if you like, my local more 4 less shop always has them.
    Where did you get the pink stuff and star drops? (If you didn’t know they were cleaning products they could sound like something you lot would be talking about once it turns horny hour every evening in here from about 8pm onwards :) )

Are you not upfront today or hitching a lift?

Hitching a lift, we have a machine up here that is just finishing a 3 month interior modification, so we came to collect it.

Kurumba wrote: »
    I can send you a sweetpea if you like, my local more 4 less shop always has them.
    Where did you get the pink stuff and star drops? (If you didn’t know they were cleaning products they could sound like something you lot would be talking about once it turns horny hour every evening in here from about 8pm onwards :) )

Hey!! I got them in my local mr price. I haven’t seen anywhere else doing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Couchside in the hospital. Chilled out and full after stuffing myself at supper.

Met my consultant today and she is discharging me this evening which I'm very happy about. Things still aren't great health wise but I've two outpatient coming up which should help ease the pain.

Speaking of which I've had a lot of emotional pain over the past few days to contend with alongside with the physical pain.
    My Grandad passed away Saturday and I was by his side until the very end and he peacefully slipped away in no pain surrounded by loved ones.
    The past few days have been hard. The wake at my house, the funeral the day after where so many people turned up to give their condolences. He would have been shocked at the size of it.

The funeral mass and burial mass yesterday were probably the hardest. I wrote a big long eulogy because me and him were so close and I helped throw in the clay onto the coffin at the burial. I wanted to be as involved as possible because I'd regret it if I didn't.

Right now I am very tired and in pain but I have to wait to be collected. Actually going to miss this place a bit. I met some really nice people inside here and some great nurses and I'll actually miss them. Happy but feeling a bit misty eyed at the same time.

Been reading back over the thread and sorry to see that some of you have been experiencing hard times. Hope everything improves for you guys.

Now I've got the next few weeks to try get back into normal life with school and work and home life in general but I'll take it slow. One day, one hour or whatever it takes at a time for now though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Relaxing by the fire in the comfy lobby of a small hotel having late Afternoon Tea in Kenmare, County Kerry.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Fireside after a busy few days at the coalface, the rest of the week should be easier, relaxing now for the night, bit of reading to catch up on.

@shpud2.... hang in there

• Advertisement

We operate big and little machines, so us little machine drivers get the same benefits as the big guys, so now I find myself staying in a €2000 a night suite in Switzerland 😀

Anyone care to visit ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement