Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    That's the X-Rated Trainspotting speech.

Lust for life Ted! Lust for life!

Calculating expenditure.:rolleyes: Weekend budget completely blown in one evening.:eek: Mrs G already in bed, but as a stroke survivor, its to be expected. Three drinks and its over. Little G is lost in Minecraft on the main TV and not in her room.:eek: I'm bored out of my brains. Would love to go back to the pub for a few more, but its that or a chinese takeaway. Buying some new work gear this coming week so every euro counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Back from the pub, dinner in the oven and counting my betting losses. :D

PS Would you ever start posting in C+T again - please!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Last weekend before payday myself and it's been a long month since the last one (about 6 weeks :() so a quiet weekend is very much in order after Xmas/New Year in the last few weeks too.

But.. the Bulmers is cold, the couch is comfy and the belly is full so not all bad! :D

Del.Monte wrote: »
    Back from the pub, dinner in the oven and counting my betting losses. :D

PS Would you ever start posting in C+T again - please!

Never! My time there and in relation to whats discussed is over. Got feck all thanks for what I did (like you) so fook em! Anyway, its all the same discussion with a new generation. Do they teach history in schools anymore.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Snooker,xanax and red wine. We've fish and chips on the way. Relaxed. Went a little overboard last night/today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Never! My time there and in relation to whats discussed is over. Got feck all thanks for what I did (like you) so fook em! Anyway, its all the same discussion with a new generation. Do they teach history in schools anymore.:D

I thought you would have been in the thick of it - especially the exciting new thread where snowflakes discuss their efforts to become train drivers! One applied because he liked the sound of '071 trains' and thought he might get to drive one. Take it easy out there! :D

Del.Monte wrote: »
    I thought you would have been in the thick of it - especially the exciting new thread where snowflakes discuss their efforts to become train drivers! One applied because he liked the sound of '071 trains' and thought he might get to drive one. Take it easy out there! :D

Ah I still read it, but very very rarely post. Morons! We should do a railtour and pints this summer. I need a decent day out, but it must be pint fueled. Couldn't handle it without lots of pints.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Couch....now watching Man V Food on tv.......in my head I'm organising a trip around America based on every food joint he has been......jesus I'll be huge lol lol

4Ad wrote: »
    I love train travel..

For my 40th,(considering Im still alive and well) the plan is a trip to Oz solely to take a train trip. Its like their version of the oriental express, the name of it escapes me now but it looks f*ckin cool! I'd like to go on the trans-Siberian too but herself isn't too cool with travelling anywhere in or near Russia though, with her lefty outlook on life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

For my 40th,(considering Im still alive and well) the plan is a trip to Oz solely to take a train trip. Its like their version of the oriental express, the name of it escapes me now but it looks f*ckin cool! I'd like to go on the trans-Siberian too but herself isn't too cool with travelling anywhere in or near Russia though, with her lefty outlook on life

The Ghan? Goes from Adelaide to Darwin or something like that? There was a programme on it on one of the sky channels recently; looks amazing. I'm doing a train 'n' ale festival in wales in May for my friend's 30th - can't wait for it.

Home after a long day of walking in south west wicklow. Waiting for a friend to Skype now so we can organise her visit here from the states later in the year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

On the couch looking through Netflix. I was going for a walk earlier with my niece who was pushing a pram and the pram collapsed in and she fell and cut her face :( think I’m more traumatised than her. Her chin is all cut the poor thing. Gonna watch Fyre Festival

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

planning a trans-Siberian train trip next year. Recommend Toronto to Vancouver train too.

I was going for a walk earlier with my niece who was pushing a pram and the pram collapsed in and she fell and cut her face

Hi, I'm Lionel Hutz....

Watching the old TV3 series - Tenements. I'm old enough to remember the last of them and my Dad spent the first 20 plus years of his life in one before moving to more modern built flats which have since been demolished. By the 80s when I started College, some of the conditions in Bedsits around Rathmines and Ranelagh weren't far removed from the Tenements. It seems that Ireland loves some kind of housing crisis in every decade, century etc.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Watching The Voice , exciting weekend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Enjoying a nice chill. Drink of choice is Dingle gin, ginger cordial, soda water and lots of ice. James Blake's new album is the soundtrack :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Watching The Voice , exciting weekend :D

G'wan man ya wild thing :pac:
    Enjoying a nice chill. Drink of choice is Dingle gin, ginger cordial, soda water

*googles*

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    The Ghan

Yep I believe thats the one, costs a poxy fortune too, they do have an open bar included and it takes 10 days. I'm fond of the occasional drink so that's a gamechanger. It'll pay for itself more or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Hi, I'm Lionel Hutz....

*grabs cash from bra

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Teapot22

The cycle of life is lovely..teenage son gone to a disco. Younger siblings thinking they should stay awake until he comes home (a bit of baby shark dancing sorted). So here I am relaxing on the armchair and wondering how it changes in a flash.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The quiet lazy evening continues on schedule :) Few drinks had, bit of TV, some Battlefield.. what to do next.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Just landed back in Dublin.... Great day had at East Midlands aeropark.
    Flew back in a mint year and a bit old Ryanair 737 with fancy LED headlights;)
    Great work been fine by volunteers keeping part aircraft "alive" for future generations.

Tired and want my bed but first rescue the car from the car park then drive to Galway....
    Bed by half twelve I hope.

Have a great weekend all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

islanderre wrote:
    Tired and want my bed but first rescue the car from the car park then drive to Galway.... Bed by half twelve I hope.

Safe travels islanderre. Drink coffee x 11!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Upset and venting my feelings in very very long instagram captions. It's gone 10 so I should take my meds and head to sleep. Sometimes I find writing things out to be helpful, not like anyone cares that I put so much effort into captions sometimes. Anyway I should be off to sleep in the next half hour, but I know when I wake up it's going to be Sunday, Bloody Sunday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

On the couch. Bored, maybe I'll go wake up the kids... Get my own back :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

cbyrd wrote: »
    On the couch. Bored, maybe I'll go wake up the kids... Get my own back :D:D

teacher leave those kids alone :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Shpud , I thanked your post to let you know people do read them , as I'm sure they do with your captions on Instagram also .
    You control what tomorrow brings for you , hopefully your meds help and maybe it will be a Sunny Sunday instead .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Thanks Mam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Lying on couch watching motd, he’s just left- cigarette anyone?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement