Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Well fair play because it worked well for you. I do want to give you a great big hug sometimes, definitely now when things look brighter than they have in some time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Hopefully someday I'll get that hug.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

You will, no doubt in my mind.. I'm informed i give good hugs :)

You will, no doubt in my mind.. I'm informed i give good hugs :)

There are many people I would like a hug from in this thread. Where's Cleo when you need here :D

That'd be one serious group hug out of this thread alone :pac:

• Advertisement

I can only imagine :D

Oh roll on 08.00 til i go hug my bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Finish at 8am meself home for 9 ko, then start all over again! Currently on a break outside walking and it is ffffff cold

rapul wrote: »
    Finish at 8am meself home for 9 ko, then start all over again! Currently on a break outside walking and it is ffffff cold

Any snow?

I was just out too, bloody hell.. My aches have pains :eek:

• Advertisement

Nah no snow yet just very bitter wind blowing, should be worst over west apparently, rather it stay away makes it too hard to get to work, an hours drive without snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Thinking bout taking a little break from boards you guys. I am safe, and well, and didn’t want to disappear without saying that. Take care for now ♥️♥️

Mind yourself Shoes, we all need time now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,539 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mod Note
    Hello Shpud2,
    I understand you are in a difficult place at the moment and you may find better advice talking to people in Personal Issues If you want to use an online forum.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127
    Posting about self harming is very distressing to other posters and it isn't really allowed here.
    I urge you to contact your GP/Medical teem when you are having these feelings.
    or a helpline.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057178293
    Regards,
    Freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Getting too deep.

Morning all, Nespresso time for me and off to the airport to go home, after 7 days away from home I'm bored.

Still following a vegetarian diet which basically means potatoes, veg, pasta and salad. So unbelievably boring that's all this hotel offers unless I visit their Japanese restaurant, so I'm totally looking forward to home cooking :)

I imagine fresh popcorn is looking out for Shpud and also anyone else who may be in distress. Of course we can offer support but there are limitations to how much that support can truly be.

Finally got to have me dinner.. I've the bone aches from the cold.. Boo hoo me..

Mod Note
    Hello Shpud2,
    I understand you are in a difficult place at the moment and you may find better advice talking to people in Personal Issues If you want to use an online forum.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=127
    Posting about self harming is very distressing to other posters and it isn't really allowed here.
    I urge you to contact your GP/Medical teem when you are having these feelings.
    or a helpline.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057178293
    Regards,
    Freshpopcorn
    Freshpopcorn I completely understand where you are coming from. I apologise for my actions earlier. I understand I can't be posting about that kind of stuff. Trust me I got plenty of messages that made me feel like **** over it but that's my own fault. (Not the mod note just to be clear, I'm talking PMs)
    smurfjed wrote: »
    Shpud2 has made friends in here and is getting support, can't you see how important that is?
    I imagine fresh popcorn is looking out for Shpud and also anyone else who may be in distress. Of course we can offer support but there are limitations to how much that support can truly be.

Smurfjed, the support I get in this thread is one of the most important things in keeping me going but if I'm upsetting other posters then I shouldn't be posting. I need a lot of support right now but if the pros I get from this thread outweigh the cons then is it worth it?

Persepoly you are right, there is very little support that can be offered here but just having a place and group of people who actually cared about me was a big thing for me, especially over the past month.

I'm considering closing my account even though people like smurfjed and Persepoly have shown support tonight, I know others don't like what I post and I'm not going to be dishonest when I post so if my life and where I am is unsuitable for this, which is my favourite thread on Boards, then I should probably close my account to save myself from hurting others.

I'll have to sleep on it and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,539 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Freshpopcorn I completely understand where you are coming from. I apologise for my actions earlier. I understand I can't be posting about that kind of stuff. Trust me I got plenty of messages that made me feel like **** over it but that's my own fault. (Not the mod note just to be clear, I'm talking PMs)

Smurfjed, the support I get in this thread is one of the most important things in keeping me going but if I'm upsetting other posters then I shouldn't be posting. I need a lot of support right now but if the pros I get from this thread outweigh the cons then is it worth it?

Persepoly you are right, there is very little support that can be offered here but just having a place and group of people who actually cared about me was a big thing for me, especially over the past month.

I'm considering closing my account even though people like smurfjed and Persepoly have shown support tonight, I know others don't like what I post and I'm not going to be dishonest when I post so if my life and where I am is unsuitable for this, which is my favourite thread on Boards, then I should probably close my account to save myself from hurting others.

Yes OP,
    I don't want you to close your account.
    I want you talk here but I am concerned we can't give you the proper help when you discuss certain topics.

• Advertisement

Chin up Shpud, drinks soon perhaps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Shpud2 wrote: »

I think this is totally unfair Shpud. You have received a lot of support from this thread and you have a lot of people behind you and wishing you good luck. If you are alluding to me not showing support, I asked you not to PM me details of you self harming, that it was a subject I wasn’t comfortable with. You totally ignored what I said and continued to send distressing content afterwards. You must understand while people do not wish you any harm, and I initially was very supportive of your attempts to get help, and I would have been always ready to listen to you, hearing details of your plans to hurt yourself is distressing and not helpful to either me or you. You have no idea what is going on in other people’s personal lives and they may really struggle to read something like that. Nobody is asking you to be dishonest or to lie about your feelings but surely you can see how unacceptable it is to send messages or posts like that in such a blase and casual manner? To allude you received pms that made you feel worse, without giving the context is totally dishonest and unfair. I found the content to be extremely distressing, to the point, I would happily close my 6 year old account.
    I am a 30 year old adult. I am unsure if you are still a minor or if you’re recently turned 18, but I feel like I would have a responsibility and a duty of care to make sure you were safe and unharmed. It would not be ok for me to be aware of what you said, and totally ignore it. It is 5:45 while I’m writing this and I am still awake. And worried.

I just cant help but feel the above message, combined with the pms I received and our interaction is totally manipulative and I don’t think it’s veey fair at all.
    Nobody expects you not to post, you’re just as much a part of the group as anyone else, nobody said you weren’t welcome or that you had to be bright eyes and bushy tailed each time, but more be aware that we aren’t qualified to give you advice when you’re self harming, and be aware that other people find that distressing when they’re totally helpless in making sure you’re not seriously hurt/dead.

This looks expensive

Maybe too expensive for owner, lot of dust on it.. I'd love if it was a kit car and there was a fiat 127 under all that :pac:

Dust is kinda normal around here, that car was only parked there two nights ago.

Sitting on an a330 with 250 empty seats surrounding me. I love flights like this 😀

Haha 'parked' you a passenger Smurf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Maybe too expensive for owner, lot of dust on it.. I'd love if it was a kit car and there was a fiat 127 under all that :pac:

My first car was a 127, even managed some nookie in it, that was a tight squeeze in more ways than one :).
    Distressed back reading some of the posts during the night.
    Shpud, please be well and seek out face to face help if possible.
    Shoes, il miss your wonderful maniacal posts if you take a break, but be well and happy no matter what you decide or do.
    Having tea, toast and a boiled egg before I head off to work.

Deskside with coffee thanking the weather Gods for the rain rather than ice, was anxious last night about the drive to work. Have a good day lads..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Working outdoors today too so glad it's not frosty. Walking onto site place covered in floodlights feels like walking into a cave!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

On the train, having a tea and danish

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement