Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Couchside watching SATC2- such an awful movie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

Edward M wrote: »
    Cavan.
    Headphones on, listening to some Steve Earle to sooth me to sleep.

high ground,enough said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

couchside, heading to bed soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Bedside. Sorted for the morning. Schoolbags and lunches in car. Clothes all laid out..
    Still be pegging it out the door at 8.15 so kids won't miss the bus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Bedside. Sorted for the morning. Schoolbags and lunches in car. Clothes all laid out..
    Still be pegging it out the door at 8.15 so kids won't miss the bus :)

Great satisfaction in having the bags done though... the running out the doorbit is the payoff:-)
    Wrecked tired watching Cats does Countdown.

• Advertisement

Just home from being inside a prison cell in a garda station. Have had growing mania and did some crazy driving tonight. Arrested for dangerous driving! I'll be posting from doctor surgery next as I try and come down from mania. Either that or the psychiatric hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Still couchside watching the Secret Life of the Zoo. Looked up my college QCA and while it’s between a 2:2 and 2:1, I’m wondering if I can get it up to a first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

In beddington square. Goodnight and good luck humans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

In beddington square. Goodnight and good luck humans.

Sleep well and sweet dreams!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Back from the cinema and in the leaba with the electric blanket on trying to warm my feet. We went to see Mary, Queen of Scots and it was very gripping I have to say. Saoirse Ronan tends to annoy me but she is a brilliant actress. A lady asked me if I had water with me for my cough and I'm not sure if she was being kind or trying to tell me to shut the fcuk up, I only coughed a few times which is good for me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,152 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Poolside

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Edward M wrote: »
    Chapter 1 cafe cavan, getting lunch.

Used to have lunch there pretty much every day when I worked in Caaaavan town.
    Samsgirl wrote: »
    But, you get to work in PJs all day!!! Would love that so much.

Fathom wrote: »
    Poolside

Ach would you stop. I want my old life back of PJs and poolside.

Deskside drinking terrible coffee but I need the caffeine. Have 5 hours of teaching Korean kids ahead of me and can barely open my eyes am so tired.

Dammit.

Might get a massage on my break.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Massive lie in.. Feeling a bit more human. Tough few days, think it's cuppa time..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Got a massage and it was a bit more intenythan had hoped for relaxation. Now waiting for my food and getting hangry. Need to get back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Abed, where else in the ice age we have out here... been zero and added serious wind chill.... family in Canada are facing 2 weeks of -20 windchill... here opening the door is quite something!

The plus side is the utter sheer beauty of the moon-drawn ocean. When I go for turf, am rapt at the glory of it all. All at the bottom of the field by the dwelling.... Y'day extreme low tides and sand banks emerging, with the rip tides white-foamed ribbons streaming in their huge power amid it all ....Just unutterably awesome and takes the heart away from the cold.

No such thing as warm though; not complaining as many of us old folk are like this. To have a safe roof, a bed, food and clothing are rich blessings. And we were raised to a fire alone etc. I hate central heating. Which is as well ;) I have the cats and my handwork and youtube and still a couple of unread books ..

Time to dive back under the covers a while... Stay safe and warm... edward, you are a sheer hero but still waiting for the washing machine etc here ;)

Just home from being inside a prison cell in a garda station. Have had growing mania and did some crazy driving tonight. Arrested for dangerous driving! I'll be posting from doctor surgery next as I try and come down from mania. Either that or the psychiatric hospital.

Thankful that you are safe... and everyone else.. so sorry for your troubles

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Deskside, staring in despair at the 48 essays that have just landed in my inbox. Of the four I've glanced at so far, three suggest that 9/11 was the first ever terrorist attack and two students have written their names on their (supposed-to-be) anonymous essays.

I'm going to need a lot of chocolate.

"ah yes, I remember it well.."; from my far away teaching days.. like the years I taught the comedy of Macbeth! As it was by the time the kids had finished with it.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

In bed wondering what is the last possible minute I can laze to until before it all becomes a race to get out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Great to hear from you again Grace's, was wondering if you were OK.
    Yes, yes, I am a hero, but I don't like to blow my own trumpet:).
    Off out to do homechores before breakfast after a restful night, cold out there with a bit of snow lying, but I must get on. Its akin to heading to the poles:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Graces7..... you disappeared for a few days and all hell broke loose in here, don't disappear again please :)

(Most of the deep posts were deleted so you can't check)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Nespresso on the balcony with the mutt, I resisted his invitation at 6am, but he dragged me here at 9am and the fxxker doesn't even drink coffee :)

Wife is packing so I have a free house for a month :)

smurfjed wrote: »
    @Graces7..... you disappeared for a few days and all hell broke loose in here, don't disappear again please :)

(Most of the deep posts were deleted so you can't check)

Believe me, all hell extended to here too this last while.. and HOW.

Saw enough to realise what has happened, is shpud OK? Has anyone heard from him?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

At the coalface bright and early this morning, lovely and peaceful here until the hoards arrive, looks like it was another eventful night for some boardsies on here :rolleyes:

GoneHome wrote: »
    At the coalface bright and early this morning, lovely and peaceful here until the hoards arrive, looks like it was another eventful night for some boardsies on here :rolleyes:

shovel a bucket or three this way please..i ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

On the train rn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Kitchenside - Mug of tay and a Woodbine

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Ding cough splutter ding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Vroom, brrrrrr, coffee, yum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

On the morning adventure that is getting ready for school. Im like Samsgirl and everything is ready the night before, kids just have to eat and put their lunches in their bags. Hoping to get to the gym this morning for a bit of cheering up. Not having the big car is absolutely horrible, I have to do the school run twice. :( ffs. Once is penance enough.

My 16 year old is not in until 11 so offered to mind the 2 babies so I can get out, I think she's hoping for brownie points and better humour :D she's so clever!
    @bassy, no milk no sugar, Barry's rooibos tea :D thanks. And,... Where are you, you never say..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

zzzzzz honk zzzzzz

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement