Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Back from a ramble in a dusting of mountain snow. Great to be greeted by a warm house. Coffee's brewing and I'm settling down to read 'Longitude'.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I am couchside with coffee. About to iron the top I'm going to wear today. Then I'll go for a walk and shower when I get back, and possibly do some crochet. I tried it a few years back but I'm enjoying it more now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside willing myself to get up and get ready for meeting later
    Graces7 wrote: »
    Graces you're a great woman for trying to get stuff off the other posters. Its a resource I never thought about :D

Ah I give a lot to others that does not get published here! Give and take... ;) Just comes over me!

Give me two of your cats :p :pac:

Only kidding

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Deskside willing myself to get up and get ready for meeting later
    Graces7 wrote: »

Give me two of your cats :p :pac:

Only kidding

ah I can get you cats any time, Seph.. so many needing a loving owner like you...I mean it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m still bedside. Not in college till 5. Who thought it was a good idea to make my only class on a Wednesday from 5-6 in the evening? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Es regnet hier auch, sehr kalt!

Und wie viel kostet die Material??

Und was isst du zum Frühstück? (Jaysus, a guard wouldn't ask you that!!!)

Sitting at the desk wondering how much German I can remember from die Schule and looking out at das schreckliches Wetter...

I haven't a word of it, Google translator is great. :)

Edward M wrote: »

I know some German but am fluent in French. When I was street trading the French visitors were thrilled to find someone they could understand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Edward M wrote: »

I understood what both of ye said (mostly) so I can't be too terrible! Taking a break from the German revision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Airside on the tarmac waiting to board my flight

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Where are you going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    It's the remix to ignition
    Hot and fresh out the kitchen
    Mama rollin' that body
    Got every man in here wishin'

ooohhhh wait, I'm not allowed sing that anymore!

I'm in work, weekend starts for me later today, oh yeaaaahhhh

So baby gimme that toot toot
    Lemme give you that beep beep

So this is that "popular music" I do be hearing about. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

branie2 wrote: »
    Where are you going?

Santander!

Spanish Chung wans beside me- too hyper!

Monaghan today, exotic!

Was complaining about the cold to boyfriend on phone, not much sympathy, he said its -28 in his hometown at the moment........

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

I'm settling down to read 'Longitude'.

Dava Sobel's book on John Harrison? If so, you're in for a pleasant afternoon - it's a fantastic book.

I am at my desk with a head like a bear on me. I have sinus infection, the cold has got in to my bones, and - worst of all - I've just found out that a farmer down the road is getting someone in to cut down almost a beautiful ditch of trees that stretches almost a quarter of a mile. Woe betide anyone who tries to talk to me.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oops, in a pub. No money but will figure out something.

abed, clockwatching to get my own permission to close and sleep. rip van winkle .. yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwnn

Oops, in a pub. No money but will figure out something.

Put it on my slate.

Trying to psych myself up to putting the book down and getting the fire set.

I am in Fallon and Byrne having a coffee and caramel slice. A quiet day today. I realised that a lot of the things I loved to do hasn't been happening lately. Changing that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Stoveside. Dreading going out, it looks cold and I’m already freezing.

Good to see you back Graces :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Couchside finally with a coffee before the madness starts.. Dinner of homemade meatballs with leeks mushroom carrot and sweet potato is in the oven with a few white potatoes baking beside them.. Smells fyum,
    I amazed myself at the gym this morning, I upped all my weights last week and haven't been in since Saturday. Today I didn't even break a sweat, I was that annoying person everyone hates and the trainer was a bit miffed as he prides himself on killing you. So, I have to up my weights again.:o I'll be lifting 50kg on the barbell squats.. Haha. Haven't done that since my best 6 years ago. Did my head a power of good. :D

• Advertisement

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Dava Sobel's book on John Harrison? If so, you're in for a pleasant afternoon - it's a fantastic book.

Absolutely. And reading it immediately after David Barrie's Sextant really added to the enjoyment.

Watching the fire light.

Listening perforce to the hard heavy rain that has been non stop all the day long. Watching three cats on my bed; two fast asleep, young one watchful... always hungry this one and she knows soon.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

bolgbui41 wrote: »

I am at my desk with a head like a bear on me. I have sinus infection, the cold has got in to my bones, and - worst of all - I've just found out that a farmer down the road is getting someone in to cut down almost a beautiful ditch of trees that stretches almost a quarter of a mile. Woe betide anyone who tries to talk to me.

That's happened here beside me recently, a local man cut down all his hedgerows, sickeningly bare looking now.
    He's in some scheme that required him to do it, he told me he'd lose his yearly payment without it.
    One of his fields backs on to mine, I asked him to leave it, got home and it was cut, really vexed about it, but as the ditch was his side and the dyke mine, he actually owned the hedge and couldn't leave it.
    Going home, can't get myself warmed up today, my legs and arms feel like they're a ton weight, I'm getting a dose I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Honeys I’m home

On way out of work

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Stoveside. Dreading going out, it looks cold and I’m already freezing.

Good to see you back Graces :)

Thank you

I was glad to be back until I happened on a torrent of seriously abusive replies to a simple post on another thread. Not the first time and was why I quit last week

This has been happening for weeks now . reported it . well the first few. There were so many

Have a look by all means; the thread on the wee lad stuck in a well, from about post 427 onwards. Would you stay with this going on against you? Do look please ..I read a few tthen hit report ..
    Love so many of you so much but unless and until this i s stopped?

Maybe someone who has my email would let me know when IF is safe to come back.
    Blessings and peace to all my dear friends here; please do not delete this as I woudl hate folk to think I was ignoring them. Would never ever do that.

Getting the dinner ingredients together. My favourite tonight; homemade burgers and chips.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Close to home, it'll be directly in to bed, no form at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Room side

Going for dinner with a colleague in a bit. She's vegan so we're gonna try the new vegan menu at a place in town :)

Got a really nice top in a charity shop earlier as well. I almost bought more wool in Poundland but I was good and restrained myself :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Just after chopping the veg for a lasagna. Like a zombie today I'm so tired. Not really awake or asleep.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Home now,
    Girls (or boys!) I have a 15% discount code for ASOS, has to be used I think by 28th Jan. I am on a clothes buying ban. If you want the code the first one to pm me can have it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement