Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Some of us give up alcohol for January.
    Shoesdayschild gives up clothes shopping!

I reckon she is finding it more of a struggle. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Swimming lessons with the two eldest chicks..........pathetic viewing on the yummy mummys scenario....lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just dropped the wife off at the airport, she is heading east for a month with some scuba diving in the Philippines and probably also in Borneo, she is also trying to get involved in some turtle conservation following the recent volcano. Sometimes I wish that i had her life :):)

Now it's just me and the mutt (and the maid to babysit the two of us)

My stomach is in bits, it's anxiety about flying as exact same happened last week, I hope I won't need a bathroom and wouldn't use the loo on the flight in a million years, have taken immodium so fingers crossed.

It's foggy so I hope the pilot can see the runways.. Will there be turbulence, my biggest fear ever.. Will the pilot be a 16yo like last week, was he out last night.. Also convinced I'm forgetting something important... Check in and straight to the bar but just one drink, that's the plan.. Ffs I'm turning into my mother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

My stomach is in bits, it's anxiety about flying as exact same happened last week, I hope I won't need a bathroom and wouldn't use the loo on the flight in a million years, have taken immodium so fingers crossed.

It's foggy so I hope the pilot can see the runways.. Will there be turbulence, my biggest fear ever.. Will the pilot be a 16yo like last week, was he out last night.. Also convinced I'm forgetting something important... Check in and straight to the bar but just one drink, that's the plan.. Ffs I'm turning into my mother.
    You’ll be grand! More of a chance of being killed on the way to and from the airport to be honest.

I’m on the couch. Had a little bit of cleaning done before I took a rest and I hope to get it finished before emmerdale starts. Got a quote today to have the house painted outside, fml. €1300. I expect him to be licking it on with his tongue for that.

• Advertisement

Fairly sure the pilots don't really have to see the runways!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You'll be grand *hugs* , safe travels

bring me back something nice 😀

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You’ll be grand! More of a chance of being killed on the way to and from the airport to be honest.

I’m on the couch. Had a little bit of cleaning done before I took a rest and I hope to get it finished before emmerdale starts. Got a quote today to have the house painted outside, fml. €1300. I expect him to be licking it on with his tongue for that.

I'd do it for half of that! :3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I'd do it for half of that! :3

With your tongue?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Carside outside the gym. Quick snack and will head in then

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Hello from Santander! Where it rains and the average age appears to be 70!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Fairly sure the pilots don't really have to see the runways!!
    This all depends on the particular aircraft, a lot of aircraft/airline/crew are approved for whats called a CATEGORY 3 landing, they can therefore land with very limited visibility.

@Duvet Day, stick with known reputable airlines and you won't go wrong even with a kid flying as they will have had to do the same skills test as the old guys. It's not a great idea to drink to calm your nerves, empower yourself by getting to know your plane. Count the number of seats that you have to pass before getting to the door / emergency exit, watch the safety demonstration then close your eyes and practice what you just watched. As for turbulence, it's no worse than road potholes. Once you are empowered with your new knowledge and have mentally practiced the skills to get out if you ever needed to, then all you need to do is get some foam ear plugs to dampen the noise and a good book, and have a great flight.

With your tongue?

I'll wear a tutu if she wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Sitting in the car listening to Beat, let the teenager get out in the rain to get her sister from taekwondo. Actually she offered. Verrrryyyy suspicious, must want something :)

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Sitting in the car listening to Beat, let the teenager get out in the rain to get her sister from taekwondo. Actually she offered. Verrrryyyy suspicious, must want something :)

My lot mentioned going to Drake last night, someone else in work said they were asked about it by their teen last night also,could be that or something else but you can bet it will cost you money lol.

I'll wear a tutu if she wants.
    Do you lift bruh?!
    Cause a muscly man licking my walls in a tutu would be worth €650!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Do you lift bruh?!

You could recoup most of the cost by selling photos. Even I'd pay to see that. ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Always pay someone to paint your house. I found out the hard way a few times.
    It's the biggest pain in the gicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Do you lift bruh?!
    That can be arranged.. I know just the man for the job. Get ya a few bob cheaper, mates rates. Right now I'm at the airport, waiting for the peasant wagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

back at my own apartment :D

• Advertisement

Do you lift bruh?!

I do indeed!

Do you lift bruh?!

hqdefault.jpg

I'm in the back there somewhere :pac:

In my car singing along loudly to girls like you by maroon 5.
    I’m so happy I practice this when I can’t sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Es regnet hier auch, sehr kalt!

Und wie viel kostet die Material??

Und was isst du zum Frühstück? (Jaysus, a guard wouldn't ask you that!!!)

Sitting at the desk wondering how much German I can remember from die Schule and looking out at das schreckliches Wetter...

I'm - slowly - trying to learn German too. I understood almost all of that (after already having Google Translated "regnet" from Ed M's post), and I just had to Google Translate "schreckliches". Jaysus, as an Irish person - you'd think I'd already know the words for "terrible" and "rain"..

Ich bin sehr stolz. Ok, I reverse Google Translated "stolz". But that's three new words now! :p

Homeside, motivated and firing up a Learn German video. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'm - slowly - trying to learn German too. I understood almost all of that (after already having Google Translated "regnet" from Ed M's post), and I just had to Google Translate "schreckliches". Jaysus, as an Irish person - you'd think I'd already know the words for "terrible" and "rain"..

Ich bin sehr stolz. Ok, I reverse Google Translated "stolz". But that's three new words now! :p

Homeside, motivated and firing up a Learn German video. :)

I downloaded babbel today on my phone and it seems quite good but you do have to pay for it, I just got it for a month so it was thirteen euro. I understood stolz and regnet but not schreckliches, so you know, two out of three isn't bad :pac: We'll have to set up our own learning German group on boards and Black Forest can be our tutor :D

Full of dinner and considering going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Evening all :)

Great to be home and in from that cold air outside :)

Who was complaining about the heat again :D Bring back the heatwave :D

Autosport wrote: »

Who was complaining about the heat again :D Bring back the heatwave :D

Boooooo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

In my car singing along loudly to girls like you by maroon 5.
    I’m so happy I practice this when I can’t sleep.

I actually like that song and happily sing along to it either in the car or at home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I understood stolz and regnet but not schreckliches, so you know, two out of three isn't bad :pac: We'll have to set up our own learning German group on boards and Black Forest can be our tutor :D

Es wäre mir eine Ehre, gnädige Frau. :pac:

And for the homeworks you’ll get a few fresh ä,ü,ö for c&p directly from Germany. Be fast and grab them before they hide..... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Putting burn gel on my hand as I managed to miss the hot water bottle I was filling and dump a lot of boiling water on my hand.
    The sort part, between the thumb and forefinger.
    Fml

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement