Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Listening to the outside wake up as I look forward to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

smurfjed wrote: »
    Do people actually stop in Monaghan?

Yes, especially if going from Donegal to Dublin. It's not a bad wee town. As my eldset said a few years after he moved to University "As sh't towns go it's not too bad".

Sitting in the class while the kids run wild on their break. Now to drag out the Ugly Duckling story for 70 mins then home. Help.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Just out of the shower. Feeling somewhat more awake at least - always a good idea before driving for an hour :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Just out of the shower, feeling unwell, in the grip of a bad cold, maybe flu.
    Slept since six yesterday evening between couch and bed.
    Heading off to the doc, no work today.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Thursday!!!

Stopping at the shop to get some supplies for break time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

College car park (the free one thankfully!) almost two hours early on account of dropping the bf to his class. May take a cat nap to pass the time

Didn't just stop in Monaghan, went there on purpose!
    It is actually a great wee town!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jeebus, nearly finished another thread?? We fairly talk wha?
    Drinking tea homeside..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Heading into Lidl before the gym. It's a dangerous half hour I have to kill before class starts. I want coffee but I'd never make it half way through the class... Another thing I can blame the kids for :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

In a cafe in Santander having a bacon and egg roll. It’s still rainy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I once got really really lost going to Newry when I was much younger. My sense of direction is nothing short of appalling (I had to mark my thumb nails so I’d know my left and right in my driving test) and got beyond lost, with people sending me in the most bizarre directions. Anyway, I eventually ended up in Monaghan. After about 4 hours! I was tired and upset and beyond frustrated. Who would be able to give me proper directions, and not find myself back in Longford again?! So I went into the Garda station in Monaghan and told them I was super lost and one of the guards heard my bogger flat accent and asked me where I was from, turns out he wasn’t from too far away and told us that us boggers should stick together :D
    He actually drove an unmarked car out of the town, onto a road for Armagh, and had me follow it. He told me when he pulled over that I was to go straight on and I’d find newry pretty easily from there. It was actually so sound! It’s my only experience/memory from Monaghan!

Anyway, I’m just getting up after watching the new episode of suits in bed. It’s freezing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A drizzly morning so,after a visit to a friend in the nursing home, I think it's a day for vacuuming, dusting, and reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    Stopping at the shop to get some supplies for break time

What are you getting us??

Deskside getting peckish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 282 ✭✭Anthonylfc

<snip>
    Mod note: Easy, tiger. Try more fiber, it's great!

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    What are you getting us??

Deskside getting peckish.

Sausages, rashers and puddings were bought :);)

All gone now :D

Coalface

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

At the desk, tying to get work done early because I've just been given a spare ticket to the Boyzone concert tonight by a cousin who can no longer go. I actually like neither Boyzone nor pop concerts in general, but we did go to the last Boyzone farewell tour so the other cousins reckon I'll love it. I'm getting all nostalgic. Tonight, we'll par-tay like it's 2000*!!

With fizzy cola bottles, sprite, and melodramatic boy bands. Well, I was only 10 in 2000...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I once got really really lost going to Newry when I was much younger. My sense of direction is nothing short of appalling (I had to mark my thumb nails so I’d know my left and right in my driving test) and got beyond lost, with people sending me in the most bizarre directions. Anyway, I eventually ended up in Monaghan. After about 4 hours! I was tired and upset and beyond frustrated. Who would be able to give me proper directions, and not find myself back in Longford again?! So I went into the Garda station in Monaghan and told them I was super lost and one of the guards heard my bogger flat accent and asked me where I was from, turns out he wasn’t from too far away and told us that us boggers should stick together :D
    He actually drove an unmarked car out of the town, onto a road for Armagh, and had me follow it. He told me when he pulled over that I was to go straight on and I’d find newry pretty easily from there. It was actually so sound! It’s my only experience/memory from Monaghan!

Anyway, I’m just getting up after watching the new episode of suits in bed. It’s freezing

Ah sure anywhere woulb be great coming out of Longford. :D
    Doc says I have a ent infection, high temp and not flu, he added then, well maybe a bit of man flu the fecker. Some antibiotics and paracetamol prescribed.
    I was well enough to go for the breakfast on the way home anyway. Going to take the rest of the week off.
    Stove lit, telly on, feet up, I'm nearly feeling holidayish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭FluffyTowel

Happy Friday everybody!

Oh, wait. That's just me.. :D

Airport-side. No jealously required though, as just bringing luggage to storage place in one county before moving homes in another country. Again.

2020 will be the year I have all of my stuff in one place! Genuinely excited to spend a weekend in wherever the fk I'm supposed to live though. \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Couchside watching my Girl

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Taking a break at the coalface.
    Had dinner in the middle of the day, need a lie down now or maybe chocolate.

Or maybe both ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Didn't have a good morning. Home now and under a blanket, going to try to just zone out for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

*hugs*

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Homeside drinking tea. Day done, and week done at college, no classes tomorrow. Will give me a chance to get some reading done. Just ordered a copy of Jane Eyre off the Book Depositary for under €3 that I need for one of my classes, and even though it’s not the version she wanted us to have, I don’t really care. They didn’t have it in the campus bookshop anyway :pac:

Waiting outside the piano lessons. God the teacher has the patience of a Saint. I also get updates from the boys teachers because I'm beside the photocopier. Jesus wept, it's like, how bad really? The 7 year old is on a strop right to illiteracy according to his teacher.. :D the 9 year old is class but writes like a Doctor,.. I hope her prediction is correct. Fs, I just want to read boards and Facebook. Stop talking to me like I need to be told. I sit with them for homework :D
    Gym session was tough but brilliant. I'm dreading my weigh in later. Pray for me. (
    I'm fooking starving cos last week I had my dinner before I went... Will never make that mistake again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

On my bed after being in Cafe Dublin- nothing to do with our Fair City- no one spoke English!

Meeting a guy later

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home now and am like Fortycoats with all the layers on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Digesting dinner, sitting by the fire with TV on, Mrs S knitting, and just relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Applied for my Chinese visa today and suddenly got 6 days off work as I don't have a passport :):)

Just a pity that the wife left town last night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

lol i had to edit this as i posted in the wrong thread lol,sorry guys.

• Advertisement

Woohoo 3lbs gone.. Celebrating with 4 squares of dark chocolate :D
    Finally made it to the couch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement