Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Edward M wrote: »
    Sleeping and waking and watching TV most of the day, never seen the start or finish of anything on it.
    Heading for the leaba and feeling like I haven't slept for a week. Night all.

Hope you feel somewhat better tomorrow Edward ,mind yourself .

Bed , netflix , night to all also .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

OK I'll start this by saying I'm not a grief junkie.. But I'm sitting in my living room feeling incredibly sad than someone felt it completely ok to both photograph and video that accident and the death of a poor poor today, then share it.

Then one or two of my friends in a Whatsapp group who I thought better of decided it was equally ok to share it with the group.

So that's it, sitting in my living room reflecting on that. I said I wouldn't come online tonight, but I did.. Some people are just parasites.

Oh, watching Strongland on Netflix. Fantastic stuff.

I think this is my first sad, negative post here. Sorry, and I don't mean to open a discussion on today, just getting that off my chest & sitting in my living room with my two dogs and Netflix.

Happy thoughts, peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Bedside :)

Night all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

My last night sleeping in what's been our home for around three and a half years now.

Onwards and upwards. To infinity farts and beyond! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

OK I'll start this by saying I'm not a grief junkie.. But I'm sitting in my living room feeling incredibly sad than someone felt it completely ok to both photograph and video that accident and the death of a poor poor today, then share it.

Then one or two of my friends in a Whatsapp group who I thought better of decided it was equally ok to share it with the group.

So that's it, sitting in my living room reflecting on that. I said I wouldn't come online tonight, but I did.. Some people are just parasites.

I think this is my first sad, negative post here. Sorry, and I don't mean to open a discussion on today, just getting that off my chest & sitting in my living room with my two dogs and Netflix.

Happy thoughts, peace.

Thank you for that post. What went on today/yesterday was absolutely fooking shocking stuff. It belittles my profession, but my profession has been belittled for years with arseholes and their camera phones combined with all the social media crap. I'm a dying breed folks, with no interest in getting involved with pricks with smart phones. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What happened today was absolutely vile. There is nothing sacred or respected anymore. A young mother died over new year in my town by suicide. She was still alive when found by emergency services and taken to hospital, clearly critical. A video went around like wildfire of her in the hospital in a+e. I didn’t watch the video so I’m unsure of the details in it but I saw it being shared, along with a caption similar to “pray for her god bless her”. Um...
    People are like vultures. They completely ignore the fact that there’s blood spilled, family torn apart, a life lost. That doesn’t matter once they have news, drama and someone to talk about. Why anyone would want to see someone dying is beyond me.

I’m in bed, annoyed now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, later than planned. Was nice to watch some chill TV though, First Dates recorded earlier so I caught up on that before heading to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Not long home, missus is still up drinking wine with her mate. This could end really good or really bad!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What happened today was absolutely vile. There is nothing sacred or respected anymore. A young mother died over new year in my town by suicide. She was still alive when found by emergency services and taken to hospital, clearly critical. A video went around like wildfire of her in the hospital in a+e. I didn’t watch the video so I’m unsure of the details in it but I saw it being shared, along with a caption similar to “pray for her god bless her”. Um...
    People are like vultures. They completely ignore the fact that there’s blood spilled, family torn apart, a life lost. That doesn’t matter once they have news, drama and someone to talk about. Why anyone would want to see someone dying is beyond me.

I’m in bed, annoyed now

Same today with that crash on the m50, people sending around pics and videos of it, WTAF is wrong with people!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

But I'm sitting in my living room feeling incredibly sad than someone felt it completely ok to both photograph and video that accident and the death of a poor poor today, then share it.
    What accident?

• Advertisement

Why is it that when someone starts a conversation with "i've done this job for 37 years", you just know that they are going to be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

There are 101 things I would prefer to be doing but am in bed and won't be moving for the next 11 hours unless my bladder gives in on me.

Sounds like me last night! My long sleep deprivation has finally ended and I slept through wtih one brief excursion .. feels wonderful.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Why is it that when someone starts a conversation with "i've done this job for 37 years", you just know that they are going to be wrong.

It is like Custer's last stand! They have tried everything else!

Abed, having fed my scatter of cats and even myself.

Bliss that my fortnightly grocery order arrived safe last evening; caught up with island news, My big cat then decided as I was chatting with the ferryman my neighbour to stand guard over the boxes! Wish I had a camera....he could smell the chickens and rashers!

Snugging in for the duration now. Not going nowhere. Extra turf is on order and paid for and I made soup and a delicious steamed date sponge yesterday .. knitting and youtube... Bliss...

Happy thoughts, peace.

(((HUGS)))

Has always been the same. When my only brother drowned 60 years ago now, way out in an isolated part of the Lake District, where the crowd came from that blocked the road for the ambulance? My mother and I had to fight our way through goggling strangers.

Nothing we can do except not join in. Bless you for caring so much..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Lying in bed enjoying final moments.

Thank Crunchie it is Friday

And Pay Day.

challenging thee not to laugh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_OQcHj54Tw

cats are awesome

Morning all :)

Happy Friday!!!!

Don't want to leave this warm bed :(

Euromillions come my way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Bed, just pressed snooze on the alarm... Again.. :D it's Friday.. Woohoo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Finding the motivation to get up.
    Have to take eldest for a hospital appointment so need to get my sh1t together and just do it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Feeling much better today, will be able to do the homechores.
    Having tea and toast made by young buck, quare change from him stealing mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Kitchenside, silence,mug of coffee and a woodbine. Contemplating important stuff like - isn't the weather nice and mild again, have I enough diesel for my journey today etc. Happy Friday.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Just back from the beach with the mutt, it's a lovely 25C.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Workside, waiting on porridge to do in microwave

Lovely drive to work and I might have been caught singing in the car by another driver stopped in traffic :D Rock on!!!

Shopside getting supplies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

In the workshop, I might start a new erection today, putting on the heat in case I do decide to make a burst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Lovely morning here.

Getting the grocery list together, then hit the shops followed by a meet up with a few old friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Working from home today so the trek to the office involves going to my spare room :)

Shower next, then coffee I think. Payday as well which is even better!

Bedside in hotel a little fragile after a fantastic night out, this is the life and I don't even want to think about going home.. Shower soon then more shopping, eating and maybe a tipple to settle our tums lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Anything can change....in a New York minute...ooh ooh ooh :D you're welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home and am creating my own hole in the ozone layer with the heating on full blast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement