Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Something to chat about at the school gates anyway ��

I'd rather burn my own eyes out than even attempt to chat at the school gates. Even the dads at the school gates have more issues than a **** load of whatever! Not worth it.:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,342 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Ah you're too kind Seph , am beginning to think you're a health and safety officer :p

Ahhh no mam I just have your best interests at heart :cool:

I like chancing my arm as well :-D

What would a missed approach mean for you Smurf? Would you have to find a different airport to land on?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

bassy wrote: »
    ah ok,so what time will i pick you up for bingo tomorrow evening :D

Bingo board at the ready , king crisps , chocolate and water packed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ah you're too kind Seph , am beginning to think you're a health and safety officer :p

He looks HOT in uniform ;) Mam think Richard Gere ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I was on one once landing in DUB, bird strike with the landing ahead of us. Cool to hear the roar of engines & rapid rise of altitude again.

Was a nervous Yank across from me, was so tempted to wind her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

thats a big check mam :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

smurfjed wrote: »
    Coming into land and the aircraft in front of us announces that he was going to use ALL of the 14,000 ft long runway to stop, after he got off the runway, the ATC asked him "why", the guy starts answering with a story about his tire, now the ATC gets interested in knowing had he just left part of his tire on the runway, all the while we are getting closer to that same runway. I was really getting excited because if the runway was suddenly closed, we would have to do a missed approach, this would actually be my first in 10 years of flying here. Out plane was fine, the weather was lovely, we had no passengers onboard, so I was really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, they cleared us to land and that was the end of my mini drama :)

Smurfjed, you should do an AMA. I'm sure there would be great interest. My cousins husband is a pilot and we are always asking him stuff.

Bedside, listening to the gale blowing outside

thats a big check mam :D

Always dream big Bassy ;)

That's where myself and the daddy were tonight :) It's what he loves so I'm a brilliant daughter to go with him :D

Now panned out on the couch

• Advertisement

Always dream big Bassy ;)

bigger the better mam :D

Ahhh no mam I just have your best interests at heart :cool:

I like chancing my arm as well :-D

Tell me your favourite dish , I'll organize delivery for you !!

When I win the lotto :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

@Gonehome, my missus sometimes leaves the door to the livingroom and kitchen slightly closed but the cat would be well able to push it open if he wanted to (as he often does), to see if he gets up at all during the day when she's at work. The door has remained closed any time she's done it. I'm pretty sure they just mostly sleep when we're out :)

I'm sat on my bed on a Saturday night screeching into my karaoke microphone all alone :p And I'm sober!! Any requests? :D

Autosport wrote: »
    That's where myself and the daddy were tonight :) It's what he loves so I'm a brilliant daughter to go with him :D

fair play to you auto,was there a check ? :)

Succubus_ wrote: »
    @Gonehome, my missus sometimes leaves the door to the livingroom and kitchen slightly closed but the cat would be well able to push it open if he wanted to (as he often does), to see if he gets up at all during the day when she's at work. The door has remained closed any time she's done it. I'm pretty sure they just mostly sleep when we're out :)

I'm sat on my bed on a Saturday night screeching into my karaoke microphone all alone :p And I'm sober!! Any requests? :D

Total eclipse of the heart :D I love that tune to sing :D

fair play to you auto,was there a check ? :)

No check :(

No check :(

ah pity,would have topped your nite if one of yous had of checked,maybe next time ;)

Ah , that's lovely Auto , can't beat that time together , a fun night out and if you win , that's a bonus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

At the kitchen table but heading to bed as the wind blasts off the back of the house. So not my problem!:D Staying in the leaba tomorrow.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

What would a missed approach mean for you Smurf? Would you have to find a different airport to land on?

In this case we would have just gone and joined the queue for landing again. But if this was because of bad weather we would hang around a while then go to another pre-chosen airport.
    Samsgirl wrote: »
    Smurfjed, you should do an AMA. I'm sure there would be great interest.
    They asked me before, but I was apprehensive about getting into trouble for doing it, so I politely declined.

Now back in my usual hotel, night all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

smurfjed wrote: »

They asked me before, but I was apprehensive about getting into trouble for doing it, so I politely declined.

Now back in my usual hotel, night all

Much and all as I'd love to see it, I think you're being wise. All wella nd good til one poster makes it awkward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Succubus_ wrote: »

Suc she was asleep in our bedroom when we left so I just left that door open and the bathroom door :D when we arrived home she obviously heard us and walked out of the bedroom stretching herself as if she'd just woken up :D

GoneHome wrote: »
    Suc she was asleep in our bedroom when we left so I just left that door open and the bathroom door :D when we arrived home she obviously heard us and walked out of the bedroom stretching herself as if she'd just woken up :D

that cat is purrfect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

In the kitchen frying steak and watching the Daytona 24 hour race.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    In the kitchen frying steak and watching the Daytona 24 hour race.

you gonna have anything else with that steak ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    watching the Daytona 24 hour race.

What channel is that on Jordan?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

@bassy, I didn't hear the details and I'm probably better off. She'll be getting the drink link home later or staying over. Jesus the inane drama they get on with, a whole 18kms of drama that I hadn't a clue what she was on about..
    I'm back on the couch in my jammies. .. The wind is mad out there lots of debris on the road. And sleet. Thank fcuk

cbyrd wrote: »
    @bassy, I didn't hear the details and I'm probably better off. She'll be getting the drink link home later or staying over. Jesus the inane drama they get on with, a whole 18kms of drama that I hadn't a clue what she was on about..
    I'm back on the couch in my jammies. .. The wind is mad out there lots of debris on the road. And sleet. Thank fcuk

the youth of today lol

cbyrd where in mayo are you?,my mum is originally from westport beautiful little town :) ive aunts and uncles cousins there and more in mayo abbey just ouside ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

you gonna have anything else with that steak ?.

I'm going to have a steak sandwich.
    GoneHome wrote: »
    What channel is that on Jordan?

You can watch it here on the IMSA website. It's all legal.

• Advertisement

Goodnight all :)

Bedside

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement