Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Home chores done, breakfast ate, I'm just going to the workshop today so no major stress here.
    Talking to the young wan in oz for a while there, some difference in the wedder over dere, she's frazzled she says.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Tuesday!!!

Heading to the coalface :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gone dark as evening here as snow sweeps in.

gusts of wind that would take you over the restless ocean :eek:

I have the gas oven on for warmth ....fire will be lit soon.. so abed with some of the cats.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

An unusual day for me in that there's absolutely nothing on the agenda. Nothing planned whatsoever. It's bright but very damp out, so may head for a walk, or maybe do some housework, or perhaps write a few letters, or sort the cupboards out, or just read for a while, or Lord knows what…..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,341 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

About to take off on a flight to London, to most likely get snowed in over there and be stranded!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Psyching myself to get the bus on my own to an appointment. Tis been a while. Going to just wrap up, put on the headphones and act like the world isn't there.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside

Edward M wrote: »
    Home chores done, breakfast ate, I'm just going to the workshop today so no major stress here.
    Talking to the young wan in oz for a while there, some difference in the wedder over dere, she's frazzled she says.

Same with my brother and his family, 40 degrees in Adelaide over the weekend, some heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bedside, wondering about the car situation. Mechanic said he has one that he gives out on loan that was due back yesterday, so I hope it did come back otherwise it’s the bus for me

Sitting down with a coffee watching my stories. What a time to be alive! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

In work, working and listening to a great podcast and just polished off a delightful cup of coffee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Couch side. Just had breakfast. Trying to decide what to do today.

Kitchen is filthy again. Some of the stuff has been sitting there for well over a week, and I refuse to wash it. No way am I cleaning up after adults.

Putting the coffee on, in the expectation that Mrs S will be home in the next twenty minutes. Scones are just out of the oven and smell is divine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Werk werk werk.
    Feeling cheated out of a weekend

Back homeside. Got sick of waiting in the snow for a bus that didn’t seem to be showing up so I decided that since I only have one class today that I can just catch up online. Absolutely frozen, need tea stat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

In work looking at a video of me in 50 years time

https://streamable.com/478mo

• Registered Users Posts: 28,860 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Busy morning in the office here but the afternoon looks better-ish

It started off great as the usual 90 minute meeting I have to sit in on Tuesdays was cancelled, but the time was quickly filled chasing up on the new video conferencing suites the guys are installing. Still on track to get it all done by Friday though so that'll keep the CIO happy.

Need to really do some shopping later. Can't keep eating pizza and takeaway for the week!

Couch side. Just had breakfast. Trying to decide what to do today.

Kitchen is filthy again. Some of the stuff has been sitting there for well over a week, and I refuse to wash it. No way am I cleaning up after adults.

Maybe put all the mucky stuff in a nice cardboard box somewhere not to o handy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Day started off badly but kind words from a stranger have cheered me up :)

Now heading carside :)

Autosport wrote: »
    Day started off badly but kind words from a stranger have cheered me up :)

Now heading carside :)

as you are a kind person you attract kindness and value it..;)

abed soon to be abed for the night. weather weary of cold and noise so settling with a book and knitting... Counting the cats instead of sheep ;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Lime Square, Manchester (#28)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Got a one year multiple visa for china, now I just hope that the boss doesn't change his mind :)

Looking out at a picture postcard landscape. Snowdrops, hyacinths and hazel catkins in the foreground, green fields bordering the reedbeds and snow draped mountains in the background, all lit by a blaze of low winter sunlight. Best place in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Graces7 wrote: »
    Maybe put all the mucky stuff in a nice cardboard box somewhere not to o handy ;)
    They've done half of it... :rolleyes:

Couch side. Been in town for a look around. Now making dinner and having a mug of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

At my favourite coffee place near Breisach, Germany.:pac:

With my (t)rustworthy metal steed...

471576.jpeg

http://www.landhof-rothaus.de/cafe/

They get their beans from a little coffee roastery in Bavaria. Yummy...and don’t get me talking about the cakes.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Drumcondra, having fish and chips.

Local cafe having hot chocolate with mam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Not long home from Dublin. The boy got a clean bill of heart health. My head was mithered the last few days thinking about going down. Have to do the trip again on Monday for the respiratory clinic. But that appointment is at 2 so I can do the round trip.
    Got all the kk and Christmas presents from the mammys house and dropped in on friends with 5 minutes notice.. Lol. I got a funny text reply to my, put on the kettle I'm on your road.. . :D
    The house was freezing when we got back. Fair bit of snow fell last night and melted and its pelting down again. Both stoves lit and the heating on for a while to bring it back to moderate temperatures, it didn't help that the heating went in the car coming home. We were all frozen by the time we got back. Bloody cars. I need a box of matches.. :D

Homeside again, reading Elizabeth Bowen’s ‘The House in Paris’ for college. Was awaiting news on the car which the mechanic said he hoped to have on the road again by this evening, but I assume since it’s 20 past 6 I’ll have to wait until tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Near work trundle time again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement