Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Jesus, why do I even know about this, but anyway, Ted's thousand words post just brought it to my mind.
    For Auto.
    https://youtu.be/wNVvlLAvswg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Edward M wrote: »
    Jesus, why do I even know about this, but anyway, Ted's thousand words post just brought it to my mind.
    For Auto.
    https://youtu.be/wNVvlLAvswg

That is fooked up! I'm off to the leaba.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    That is fooked up! I'm off to the leaba.:D

Aye, I meant to put a couple of the big grins in meself. :D:D. Also off to leaba.

Sorry for this.....
    Got home & my dog had vomitted, when I tried to clean up, he ate it all before I could.
    So sick....... Think I will puke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Ah gifted, I'm so delighted for you that you got the job that you really wanted. I sincerely hope there will be plenty of ladies for you to perv on in your new job :D

@Duvet, did you bring back more than you intended from your little holiday, eh? :D

I hope your dog is ok Poochie, I'd be pretty sick looking at that myself!

I've gone all googly eyed from staring at my laptop looking at houses/ apartments to rent. I'm off to bed, night all, sweet dreams :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just home from the cinema, went to see second act. Meh. It was sh1t, I could eat a can of Kodak and puke a better movie, or bubblypops fur baby could.

Just in from out, the place is covered in snow and absolutely silent.. I'm guessing the troops won't be going to school if it freezes on this and it's still snowing away now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

gifted wrote:
    I got offered the job...over the moon I am

I don't think I've ever been as happy to hear someone getting a job. Congrats gifted

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Back in from a pootle about. Clear, still and baltic..

Covered the dogs up in their bed and was getting ready to go to my bed. Dog started to whimper so I opened the door back up to check and big dog ran past me and up the stairs to my bed, still had his paw patrol blanket on his back. Currently in bed with two for company. They must be baltic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

In Chicago.

Currently it's -18C, but due to wind chill it feels -32C.

The temperature is going to drop and reach -30C tomorrow, but it will feel like -45C.

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

bubblypop wrote: »
    Sorry for this.....
    Got home & my dog had vomitted, when I tried to clean up, he ate it all before I could.
    So sick....... Think I will puke!

recycling is all! for the chuckle, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Greatest part of my day, Nespresso time with the mutt on my balcony, its a lovely 24C with an expected 30C.

Morning all.... Bitterly cold night with dramatic sound effects of wind howling and hail battering and pattering.

Abed of course, with one cat.

Up in the night to get warm but chill is unrelenting. No idea what will be seen out there when the daylight arrives.

All is well as our fuel is island dug and my neighbour the ferryman is but a phone call away and has a tractor....smug! If the power goes, fine as I insisted on a gas oven.

Thinking re a baking day to heat the tiny dwelling I am snug in. Fresh scones anyone?

Stay warm and stay home safe.

smurfjed wrote: »
    Greatest part of my day, Nespresso time with the mutt on my balcony, its a lovely 24C with an expected 30C.

HUH! shivers! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

Good morning Graces and Smurfjed from a cold East Clare, the hailstones have frozen to my car, luckily not working.
    Eating porridge in bed, in an effort to go back to sleep..

4Ad wrote: »
    Good morning Graces and Smurfjed from a cold East Clare, the hailstones have frozen to my car, luckily not working.
    Eating porridge in bed, in an effort to go back to sleep..

lol.... soup is good too...

No idea what it is like out there... black hole ..

Get a big cat! They are great warmers ..

west mayo iceberg

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭MAC addict

Back in bed, after topping up and closing off the stove to keep it going till mid morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

About to crawl out of bed ... have to walk dogs & feed cats. Not going to be pretty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Insomnia, awake since 03:50 so I got up, had porridge and hopefully hit the beach around 8am for a 5k run, then back to bed.

My best friend & running partner in the whole world has a vets appointment at noon so hopefully get some sleep before then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Trying yo psyche myself up for a run to work here. Bed too nice though.

Up to about 2 inches of snow here, steam coming out of the cattle shed, and its warm inside so doing the chores wasn't too bad.
    It will be the workshop again for me today but the others have to drive to work, I have all drives cleared of snow and started for to heat them up for them before they set off.
    A worrying morning for me until I hear they got to work safely.
    Be safe all.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Happy Hump Day!!!

Will be making my way very slowly to the coalface, snowed here too and our roads are rarely treated. Stay safe peeps :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Got darker as I was walking down the road, skies look bruised and heavy. A bit of legwork still to do before bed today. Hope everyone is safe and warm..

forgotten what warm is.

Went out briefly to look for snow but they ran out before they reached us and left us with the cold.. sniff!

The cats are funny. The two black and white lookalike boys ran at each other from each end of the drive , then leaped in the air to collide for sheer fun and joie de vivre.... made me laugh with them

All mine have safely arrived at work.
    The young wans travelled together, of course macho young lad drove.
    Mrs took 35 mins to do a 15 drive normally.
    The snowy scene here looks beautiful, but it's a headache too.
    Heading to the workshop now, a big commute of 30 meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Conditions were challenging getting to the coalface today but I got here, that's how dedicated I am :rolleyes: (nothing to do with wanting to hold on to my leave, 'tis too early in the year to be taking unnecessary days off :D)

Having absolute war with sky the thieving scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Made it to work. Sligo is plastered in snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

No snow in Sunny South East,

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement