Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Sky overcharged my account by 55 euro this month alone.
    I rang up to lose my sh1t and eventually got a call back saying oh there was an error on your account, blah blah blah, I’ve fixed it and have credited your account. No, you can credit my bank account. “Well, we don’t usually do that”. Well you’re doing it today. So anyway, he sends it off to the refund team and I ask, how much are you refunding me? “My manager has issued credit of 21 euro” wtf, he needs to offer credit of 55 euro. Now. Today. I want 55 crisp ones in my bank in 3-5 working days. “I can’t say for sure, there is a billing process we have to go through”.
    I had to remind him that sky don’t have anything I can’t get on a smart tv or Netflix, they’re not broadcasting the second coming of Jesus Christ. I have no problem cancelling my account here and now.
    “I’ll have my manager look into it and hopefully he can sort it by the end of the day”.

Why not just do that in the first instance?
    Work, fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Sitting in a Bentley waiting for the owner to return. It’s a classy car but I can’t see the attraction, I would much prefer a Ford F-150

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

always ask to be put on to cancellations immediately when you get talking to someone in Sky. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    always ask to be put on to cancellations immediately when you get talking to someone in Sky. :)
    I usually am ready to cancel once I get by the automated questions. Remember sonic the hedgehog on the sega mega drive when he’d land on a cactus plant? That’s the image of me on the phone. “Please say what your query is” technical support “you said billing, is this correct?”
    See you, hun :mad: :mad:

Gifted congratulations on your job! Delighted for you :)

I am on the couch with Mr Sinus for company. He sure does like to hang around that lad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    No snow in Sunny South East,

Snow in Kilkenny :) hate driving in it but has to be done

Now it's break time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gifted congratulations on your job! Delighted for you :)

I am on the couch with Mr Sinus for company. He sure does like to hang around that lad.

I left him behind when I moved to the island; sorry he has found thee// never a worry with it here...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Bed side. Just woke up. I'll get up and dressed now. Need to see it the kitchen is clean enough for me to finish my cooking for the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Snow here in Tipp although the sun has come out so it’s starting to melt. Still bedside as I don’t have class till later and it’s too cold to be anywhere else at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Back from a three hour drive. Snow in the fields but the main roads are excellent. Having coffee.

• Advertisement

In from out, stunned at the mountain beauty of snow... and abed from the kitchen where I made a batch of scones to heat the house! Cleaned etc as they cooked so I would not forget them ;) mmmmmmm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Lying on my bed thinking

I am on the couch with Mr Sinus for company. .

Who the fudge is he? :3

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Chorlton (#29)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Making coffee beside the lovely warm stove. Beautiful day out there now. I braved our little cúl de sac this morning because I couldn't listen to them all day. Went shopping and to the gym so stocked up in case I get snowed or frozen in. There's 2 hills on my road before I get to the main road. I wait for the neighbour to go first to see if its passable :D
    2 loads of logs arriving this evening so my afternoon will be taken up with clearing the space. It's 90% done, but once I get in somewhere like that I tend to get lost..
    I'm hoping for a snow day tomorrow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Got darker as I was walking down the road, skies look bruised and heavy. A bit of legwork still to do before bed today. Hope everyone is safe and warm..

Not the best photo, I'm too tired to download from my phone but here's a screen print from my Instagram account.

Sunrise over Dublin this morning.. This is the sun coming up at 08:00 between Howth Head and Irelands' Eye (the small island to the left).

Temperature was -2c but when the sun came up the scenery was stunning. I'd a lovely 5k run with Richo.

So home from the Vets and Richo has a clean bill of health :D

So to the thread, where am I now.. Snuggled up with two dogs and updating some Polar and Strava account info.

471703.jpg

I love the outdoors. I love running, the beach (running on the beach) and Richo (and my other dog Ruby too, but she's a lazy bitch and won't leave the house)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Getting psyched up to go postal on someone at work.

:eek:

abed pottering around.. got a serious request for knitted legwarmers but to very exacting details! no yarn for them so will need to get some somehow... ay me!

If that means you're getting psyched up to rip someone a new one, go for a walk first. Calm down then go see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

If that means you're getting psyched up to rip someone a new one, go for a walk first. Calm down then go see them.

Arch it was just someone who needed their arse kicking for laziness. Done and dusted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Arch it was just someone who needed their arse kicking for laziness. Done and dusted.
    And I shan't do it again. Promise.

Sitting in the corner, duly chastened and contemplating my lack of productivity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Just arrived in Arva Town, need some materials from the hardware store.
    I'm going to sneak in for a quick tea and scone to the cafe, the BIL is working away in the workshop, can't let him know about this or he'd scold me, he's nearly as bad as his sister :):).

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Llanfairfeckinfreezinpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (or whatever it's called) Railway Station

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In the kitchen , (where else at this point!) , cooker lit , dinner in the oven warming up , tomorrow's dinner on the cooker , simmering away , what else could it be for this weather but stew :D

Stay warm and travel safe all .

Getting ready for the gym, but in the meantime I downloaded that photo from earlier. I think this is a far better quality.

Portmarnock beach (officially named The Velvet Strand) at sunrise this morning.

471747.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Stunning picture !! ^^^^^

Thanks for sharing it :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Pics of Richo and Ruby too please, Mak???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Getting ready for the gym, but in the meantime I downloaded that photo from earlier. I think this is a far better quality.

Portmarnock beach (officially named The Velvet Strand) at sunrise this morning.

471747.jpg

You should make copies of that and sell them. I'd buy one. It's a beautiful shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Sky News

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Pics of Richo and Ruby too please, Mak???

Sure, I'll look for some now.

The problem is Ruby is lazy and won't leave the house, she has anxiety issues so I don't pressure her to either.

I spend a huge amount of time running with Richo so I've a few of him if you give me a few minutes I'll get something.

Thanks for the compliments everyone :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement