Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

As requested, and I'm aware that I'm hogging the thread a little so here goes

Ruby.. She's the sweetest little Staffordshire Bull Terrier you'd ever meet, but the poor girl has anxiety issues which prevents her enjoying the beach. But she loves animal shows on TV and would sit for hours looking at them.

471754.jpg

And here's the best lad in the world.. He looks ferocious but like Ruby he's a massive big softie and the gentlest Pitbull you'll ever meet.

471755.jpg

They're both rescues.

Ruby comes from a family of fighting dogs apparently, I'm glad I have her because she's never seen a moments aggression in my house.

Richo was rescued from a bonfire at ten weeks old, his paws and tummy were badly burned but he made a complete recovery.

They're little heart braker's :p:p

Sorry I don't have the time right now to re size the photos. Hope you enjoy them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Oh they are both so lovely Makikomi, such terrible starts that they had in life but they have a great home with you :)

Can I hang out with Ruby and watch animal shows because I don't like to leave the house either? :p

Doing some German stuff.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    Oh they are both so lovely Makikomi, such terrible starts that they had in life but they have a great home with you :)

Can I hang out with Ruby and watch animal shows because I don't like to leave the house either? :p

Doing some German stuff.

Now you all have me dead late for the gym lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It was worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    In the kitchen , (where else at this point!) , cooker lit , dinner in the oven warming up , tomorrow's dinner on the cooker , simmering away , what else could it be for this weather but stew :D

Stay warm and travel safe all .

Oh I'd love a pot of stew now Mam, even better the day after. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

BBFAN wrote: »

Lol , call in tomorrow for some :D
    I always cook it the evening before I intend to use it , old habits !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I have to say I'm so pleasantly surprised by this thread. Thought it was going to be full of Facebook/Instagram **** about being by the beach sipping a pina colada but it's full of ordinary people like myself who are mostly doing day to day crap. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    In the kitchen , (where else at this point!) , cooker lit , dinner in the oven warming up , tomorrow's dinner on the cooker , simmering away , what else could it be for this weather but stew :D

Stay warm and travel safe all .

Ah Stew. Yuuummmmmm! That sounds so feckin good.

Stay away. I'm first.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

Watching brownies in the oven and I can't feckin wait to eat them when still warm. The icecream is ready and waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Mak I love your dogs! Love even more that they are rescues.♥️

On the way home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Taking refuge from a blinding snow squall.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Lovely dogs Mak. Bull breeds are right up there as some of my favourite dogs. Such a misunderstood breed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Watching the Liverpool match grazing on a few grapes.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I'll probably make up a batch of stew myself tomorrow or Friday evening. Easy to do & it is the weather for wholesome comfort food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

As requested, and I'm aware that I'm hogging the thread a little so here goes

Ruby.. She's the sweetest little Staffordshire Bull Terrier you'd ever meet, but the poor girl has anxiety issues which prevents her enjoying the beach. But she loves animal shows on TV and would sit for hours looking at them.

471754.jpg

And here's the best lad in the world.. He looks ferocious but like Ruby he's a massive big softie and the gentlest Pitbull you'll ever meet.

471755.jpg

They're both rescues.

Ruby comes from a family of fighting dogs apparently, I'm glad I have her because she's never seen a moments aggression in my house.

Richo was rescued from a bonfire at ten weeks old, his paws and tummy were badly burned but he made a complete recovery.

They're little heart braker's :p:p

Sorry I don't have the time right now to re size the photos. Hope you enjoy them.

Agh. Big cuddle monsters. Amazing how the personalities differ.

Couch, full as an egg after dinner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I have to say I'm so pleasantly surprised by this thread. Thought it was going to be full of Facebook/Instagram **** about being by the beach sipping a pina colada but it's full of ordinary people like myself who are mostly doing day to day crap. :D:D

I find that people are probably more honest when they're anonymous like we are here. They can tell their "real" friends that they're sipping cocktails when they're really in their pjs :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Beasty wrote: »
    Llanfairfeckinfreezinpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (or whatever it's called) Railway Station

No Costa there?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

Flaked on couch watching Liverpool drop 2 points

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Bed.....awful day in work today.....

No nurses to look at....ended up actually working instead....heads will roll over this....lol lol

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

On the couch, absolutely raging. I spent most of last week preparing a piece for a major publication in the UK. I was so proud of it. It was published today....with someone else's name on the byline. I've only just been sent a photo of the piece by a friend. There are three tiny edits from what I sent, but it is otherwise 1,400 words of my research and analysis. Attached to someone else's name.

I am going to go back a few pages,look at Makikomi's dog pictures again, and try calm down before bed. Tomorrow, I will be ring the publication and unleash my wrath upon them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Aw Mak, I love your doggies!

Homeside, gym done. Very foggy out there, not easy driving conditions at all

Sorry I can't reply to everyone, but your compliments are warmly received. We'd a bad week with Richo. He was showing some worrying signs of being in distress, panting and trembling. Had him at the vets on Friday, he got a full check up including full bloods and nothing was found.

Stupidly I googled his symptoms and convinced myself that he had dementia based on his age and symptoms (never google health/illness) and I was beside myself with worry imagining the worst.

Then (I'll try not be graphic) during our run this morning he poo'd, it was loose and bloody. Took a sample to his appointment today which pointed us in the right direction and he's back to his old self tonight. Sleeping soundly and snoring his head off, all's good.

We're inseparable, I couldn't imagine a run or a walk without him for our chats.

Right, thanks again I really do appreciate the comments.

At home now and watching Operation Transformation.. I'm a mentor on a local C25k group so I've an added interest in this years OT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I find that people are probably more honest when they're anonymous like we are here. They can tell their "real" friends that they're sipping cocktails when they're really in their pjs :p

I’d tell my real friends if I was on the toilet. No shame.

Currently: eating enchiladas in bed with a tea spoon

You're the best foster daddy

Training tonight! Good fun. Bed now!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Back in again , beautiful sky , tis fairly frosty , travel safe in the morning folks !

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Samsgirl wrote: »
    No Costa there?!

tried doing a google search for one in the village but gave up after 51 attempts to get the name right....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Listening to James Bond Themes on CD

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Watching more tin star on the couch. I'm flippin knackered. Mam, stew sounds amazing. Think I'll have to make one tomorrow, I'll have to dig into the depths of the freezer to see what kind I can make.. :D stew surprise :D
    They are beautiful doggies Mak, I'm jealous. Can't have a dog atm, it's like having another child.. And 6 is plenty.
    Is it snowing yet??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Bed, lovely and comfy. Early start tomorrow and I’m a little apprehensive about driving in it, but once I take my time I should be fine :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement