Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    On the couch, absolutely raging. I spent most of last week preparing a piece for a major publication in the UK. I was so proud of it. It was published today....with someone else's name on the byline. I've only just been sent a photo of the piece by a friend. There are three tiny edits from what I sent, but it is otherwise 1,400 words of my research and analysis. Attached to someone else's name.

I am going to go back a few pages,look at Makikomi's dog pictures again, and try calm down before bed. Tomorrow, I will be ring the publication and unleash my wrath upon them.

((HUGS)))

You go go, go! Deep breath and icy calm when you speak to them! appalling behaviour

Beasty wrote: »
    tried doing a google search for one in the village but gave up after 51 attempts to get the name right....

Commonly referred to locally as "Llanfair PG! "

[
    I’d tell my real friends if I was on the toilet. No shame.

Currently: eating enchiladas in bed with a tea spoon

Reminds me of a very serious business meeting online years ago with 2 highups, one of whom I knew well

When the third one signed off, the other told me she was in her dressing gown. I myself was in bed!

abed as the chill seeps in. The wind and i slept through until after 4 am... sorting yarn for the next assignments etc...

today seems set to be colder than cold. so aiming to bake again,.. apple crumble anyone? I have four big cooking apples here ...what a wind rising now ..

stay safe out there; not going further than the gate here....

cats just burst in through the door! Wet they are.. just rain I think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Kitchenside, eating wheetabix and hot milk to warm me up before I go out there. Will also be taking tea in my travel mug just to be safe :p

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Kitchenside, eating wheetabix and hot milk to warm me up before I go out there. Will also be taking tea in my travel mug just to be safe :p

a small thermos is a great investment.. for nightime too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Just getting to bed now, up all night in Cavan general. Found my mam slumped in her chair yesterday evening and couldn't get her wakened, rang an ambulance, got her wakened eventually before they came but they brought her off to Cavan. Went with her in the ambulance, the rest of the clan followed.
    She has had a restful night and is awake and alert this morning, they suspect she has had a stroke, lots of tests done and more today to come. Scary night, but hopefully all will be good.
    Roads a danger with frost, be careful.

Fingers crossed for your mam Edward.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Bedside deciding whether i should get up or not

Edward thinking of you and your family xxxx

Edward M wrote: »
    Just getting to bed now, up all night in Cavan general. Found my mam slumped in her chair yesterday evening and couldn't get her wakened, rang an ambulance, got her wakened eventually before they came but they brought her off to Cavan. Went with her in the ambulance, the rest of the clan followed.
    She has had a restful night and is awake and alert this morning, they suspect she has had a stroke, lots of tests done and more today to come. Scary night, but hopefully all will be good.

Prayers and candle lit here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hope your Mam will be ok Edward x .

Graces , your message box is full :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Edward M wrote: »

Hopefully all will be well. I had a similar episode some time back and all good now. Do as the Medics say and be there for her.

Going for a walk, as it's such a bright crisp morning.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

That's a lovely shot of the beach and some lovely looking K-9's Mak.
    I love that beach, never thought of going running there, must try it sometime.

I'm in work wishing I was on that beach now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Edward, that sounds terrifying but she’s in the right place now and hopefully on the road to recovery. Try and get some rest yourself.

I am in work. Got up early to watch suits. Love that show.
    It’s peeing down rain here today. Got up this morning and let the dogs out to go toilet and they took one look outside and were like nah both ran away from the door

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Your mother is in best place Edward, hope she makes a speedy recovery.

I used to love that show too Shoes, but it went downhill in last few seasons.

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Hope your Mam will be ok Edward x .

Graces , your message box is full :)

Cleared space a while ago... ;) Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Graces7 wrote: »
    a small thermos is a great investment.. for nightime too

Yes, I believe we have one somewhere in the house. I have a nice red and white patterned cup that I got free with a box of Barry’s teabags sometime last year that I usually take to class with me :)

Thinking of your mam Edward, fingers crossed she’ll be okay.

In class, the lecturer is just repeating what he said last week as a lot of people weren’t here because he changed the time. Can we get onto something new please?

listening perforce to rain song and wind music... wondering where cat 5 is.. she has a habit of finding a snug place in the old house and sleeping for hours..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Wishing your Mam well Edward.

No snow or frost on the south east coast this morning, just lashing rain for hours now and windy. Thursday morning is usually my morning when I don't have to go out, but I took pity this morning and did the school drop so they wouldn't get soaked. There is absolutely no point in owning an umbrella in this town, you would take off like Mary Poppins across the sea on days like this :). Not a very productive morning so far, I watched the first Ted Bundy Tapes while eating breakfast. Then I dozed off in the chair unbeknownst to myself. Think I am still feeling the effects of Tuesdays migraine. Plenty to do, so maybe another coffee will perk me up, zzzzzzzzz....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Speedy recovery wishes for your Mam, Edward

In bed, can't sleep and work later woo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Listening to the rain fall :)

Is it home time yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Hope your Mam is OK Edward, you must have gotten an awful fright.

On the couch, house and babies cleaned. I had to do the school run this morning, cos it didn't snow or freeze.. feckit, and then it started pelting snow for about 3 hours when I got home. I was going to go back for them and it started sleeting. So that's the end of my plan to put the christmas decorations up again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

At the tech desk unwrapping my new GO PRO HERO 7.

Autosport wrote: »
    Listening to the rain fall :)

Is it home time yet :D

The rain here is not falling.. it is coming in horizontally at a great speed..;)

Soon be home time Hang on in there... ;) Hanging on for early bedtime here,,

Graces7 wrote: »
    listening perforce to rain song and wind music... wondering where cat 5 is.. she has a habit of finding a snug place in the old house and sleeping for hours..

Cat number 5 wailed to be let in,,, hunger does it every time.. Cat number 3 then exited for some reason and tried to escape the storm by attempting to get through the letterbox.... all are safe in now, for now.

I am the cats' butler.

Wind sounds worse

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Took a sample to his appointment today
    So what was the prognosis?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

On the verge of getting part of the weekend off, but scared to say it out loud in case they call me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭islanderre

Just leaving UCHG..... Probably last chance to stalk "gifted" before he leaves for pastures new!!!!

Regular check up for my mum; all good thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Kitchen. Second delivery of the day. An Air Fryer.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa Airside, waiting for the postcount to tick over to 10,000 so I can start again in the next thread....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement