Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

I'm in bed. I think my neighbour has a brain tumour. She hasn't been well. I only think it because daddy told me and well I'm hoping he heard it wrong. Last year another good neighbour of mine died. I'm all achy inside for them. I'm getting older and people who have been around me since forever are no longer.
    If only time could stand still. It feels strange but now and then I wish everything could just remain the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with a pain in my neck, hurts to turn my head kind of.
    It feels strange but now and then I wish everything could just remain the same.

I'm always wishing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Couchside - watching the dying embers, listening to Iris DeMent

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

In a the kitchen magicing up some magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

I'm in bed. I think my neighbour has a brain tumour. She hasn't been well. I only think it because daddy told me and well I'm hoping he heard it wrong. Last year another good neighbour of mine died. I'm all achy inside for them. I'm getting older and people who have been around me since forever are no longer.
    If only time could stand still. It feels strange but now and then I wish everything could just remain the same.

Yep, I'm getting worse as I get older too, hate when anyone I know is really sick or dies.
    Maybe it's a sense of getting closer everyday towards that end.
    At Christmas we watched our wedding video one night with a few of the family for the craic, it turned into a morbid spot the ones who are still alive type of night. I'd say we'll over half of our guests are dead now.
    Settling in and making my arse shape on mams best couch atm, soon heading for bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Edward M wrote: »
    Yep, I'm getting worse as I get older too, hate when anyone I know is really sick or dies.
    Maybe it's a sense of getting closer everyday towards that end.
    At Christmas we watched our wedding video one night with a few of the family for the craic, it turned into a morbid spot the ones who are still alive type of night. I'd say we'll over half of our guests are dead now.
    Settling in and making my arse shape on mams best couch atm, soon heading for bed.

Totally get it Ed, I can't watch my wedding dvd anymore either for two reasons;

1. now hate the fcuker I married

2. Half the people on it are dead. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

BBFAN wrote: »
    Totally get it Ed, I can't watch my wedding dvd anymore either for two reasons;

1. now hate the fcuker I married

2. Half the people on it are dead. :(

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Back at the laptop at the Kitchen table. Finishing up a few bits and bobs. Toasted bacon sandwich and chips in a while, but finishing a beer first. Slipped out for the real ones earlier and feeling a bit giddy.:D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Back at the laptop at the Kitchen table. Finishing up a few bits and bobs. Toasted bacon sandwich and chips in a while, but finishing a beer first. Slipped out for the real ones earlier and feeling a bit giddy.:D

The real ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭bassy

The real ones?

pints in the pub ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

The real ones?

Real beers at a bar, in a pub, out of the pump, with actual people around you. That said, I could do without the people around me. Thankfully I'm homeside now and happy out!

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Real beers at a bar, in a pub, out of the pump, with actual people around you. That said, I could do without the people around me. Thankfully I'm homeside now and happy out!

I thought you meant as in you were drinking non alcoholic beers and had too get the real ones in ya :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Glad your Mam is home Edward , she'll recuperate better in her own surroundings :)
    Don't forget to look after yourselves too as it can take it's toll after a time..

Just back in , heading to bed and Netflix in two minutes .

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Glad your Mam is home Edward , she'll recuperate better in her own surroundings :)
    Don't forget to look after yourselves too as it can take it's toll after a time..

Just back in , heading to bed and Netflix in two minutes .

Out galavanting were we mam :pac:?

Out galavanting were we mam :pac:?

I should be so lucky Seph !

One day I'll go galavanting again , watch out then :D

I should be so lucky Seph !

One day I'll go galavanting again , watch out then :D

Ohhhhh my :eek:

Ohhhhh my :eek:

;)

:p

;)

:p

Mams everywhere lock your sons up! Mam is on the prowl :pac: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

Sitting here in front of the fire, nursing a large Jameson, Jesus this has been one of the worst weeks for our parish and neighbouring parishes, four strapping young men gone in the blink of an eye. Their parents and loved ones, friends and everyone who knew them are broken, and I mean utterly broken, I have never ever seen such a cloud of complete despair and grief amongst young and old alike, even if you didnt know them personally, you knew someone who knew them or had an anecdote about them.

I know the time will come for debate and discussion about why/how etc, and it has to be had, but right now four families are destroyed and missing their beautiful young men and will miss them forever..

Im sitting here and the Jamey is going down raw and bitter sweet, if there's one thing I can try to take from all this is love the people you love and look after them, try not to have a cross word when they go out the door (aye hard I know) but think about if those were the last words you had with them.

So to Shaun, Micheál, John and Daniel, I'll raise my glass to ye all, codladh go sámh a ghasúraí.

Some very sombre thoughts on here tonight, things can change in the blink of an eye and it just makes you stop and think and try to reevaluate what you have and to appreciate the good things where possible.

I'm also in that kind of strange form tonight, you know when something is just at the back of your mind all the time and you just don't want to face it or deal with it... I didn't even take my medication today because I decided I was going to have a few drinks tonight but couldn't face doing that either.. Being an adult is absolute ****e at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Horrific tragedy, doesn’t bear thinking about. :(

I’m in bed, can’t sleep thinking about how much I love my dogs.
    https://ibb.co/xSncbqG
    He has always loved his daddy since he was a tiny baby, and his daddy always loved him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Beautiful picture Shoes :D

I’m in bed, listening to music. Probably not for long though, I’m feeling sleepy. Not working till tomorrow evening so I’m not worrying about having to go in early thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭votecounts

Beautiful dogs, seeing that brings a smile to my face.
    In bed.

Horrific tragedy, doesn’t bear thinking about. :(

I’m in bed, can’t sleep thinking about how much I love my dogs.
    https://ibb.co/xSncbqG
    He has always loved his daddy since he was a tiny baby, and his daddy always loved him

love it shoes love it :) the old saying the pup for the path and the old dog for the road ;)

I'm also in that kind of strange form tonight, you know when something is just at the back of your mind all the time and you just don't want to face it or deal with it...

I know it well *hugs*

Bedside here nearly time for sle.......zzzzzzzzzz😴😴

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I just signed up to twitter. I don't have a fecking clue about twitter, no idea what I'm doing.

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I just signed up to twitter. I don't have a fecking clue about twitter, no idea what I'm doing.

succubus i can be your hero baby i can kiss away the pain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

abed, surfacing to feed the cats who are more hungry than ever with the intense cold. As am i!

Nothing planned to day except sleep and knitting and youtube.

and keeping warm .

Yesterday's highlight was sitting out in the sun well wrapped up, gazing in awe at the white veiled sunlit mountains all around, with the cats hooning around . The frost makes them zany
    Then my good neighbour the ferryman and his brother arriving from the pier with my new prescription. Wonderful service!

Even brighter than the mountains were their glowing rubicund faces and new high vis warm jackets!
    Some neighbourly banter then off they went for a good meal and evening and I likewise.

Kindness leaves a trail of glory as bright as the summer sun

yawning again..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

In my own kitchen, having tea and toast with the young wan, she's off to work as am I.
    I had a good sleep and am in good form for the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement