Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

In work.. There has to be an easier way.. ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Whispered wrote: »

We used it for fireworks and car trips. You should google though, some people say it just shuts them down, others that it calms them. You'll know yourself by your girl though. Like Harley would walk around, wag his tail, eat, snore like a train etc with his on. He wouldn't be doing that if he was shut down, so for him, it calmed his anxiety.

That makes a lot of sense but the problem is she won't allow anything to go on her, can't get her into a harness or collar.. But it makes sense in so far as when she's like this hugging her tightly calms her, or like now I have a cushion on her and putting some body weight on her, this works too.

You're very thoughtful all the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In work.. There has to be an easier way.. ffs

When you find it let us know :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

That makes a lot of sense but the problem is she won't allow anything to go on her, can't get her into a harness or collar.. But it makes sense in so far as when she's like this hugging her tightly calms her, or like now I have a cushion on her and putting some body weight on her, this works too.

You're very thoughtful all the same.

Ah yes, it's very important to put it on well before the "scary event" or otherwise they can start to associate the coat with scary things and become afraid of the coat.

Glad you found something that works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

What's wrong with the witch now? :rolleyes:
    Northgirl is there someone you could send email on to?. Property management or owner?

I don't know... It's a landlord.

Long text at 9 am this morning while I'm at work asking me why I'm turning down radiators etc. I don't earn near what I assume she does and I'm not wasteful. She ran the dishwasher last night which I don't use which had about 4 plates and a cup in it..

Sorry, I know I'm always moaning about the same thing but I don't think it's appropriate for her to a) be running the house to her rules and b) send me inappropriate communications instead of simply have a conversation.

I've agreed to speak to her tonight but it's going to be late. I'm absolutely sick from the nerves and I've a multitude of other stressors that ok aren't her problem but I'm trying to deal with.

I'm tempted to call the landlord but although I don't want to, wonder if I should have the conversation first..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Keep the email. Ask her if she minds if you take minutes at the meeting. If she asks why tell her that you are not sure that this is acceptable behaviour in a shared let and you wanted to keep notes for comparison purposes.. Tell her some of your friends concerned about how stressed you seem outside work..
    If she doesn't either back down or implode after that!.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Kitchen-Table-Side trying to get the motivation to go out to the shed to get my paint roller and tray.

Kitchen-Side after putting the painting stuff back in the shed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Brought a clown mask to work this morning ..so I might be scaring the daylights out of some kids..and a lot of adults too!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    wasteful. She ran the dishwasher last night which I don't use which had about 4 plates and a cup in it..

Fecking hell lazy git could just wash them in the sink, if I did at home I'd get a clip across the ears!

Fecking hell lazy git could just wash them in the sink, if I did at home I'd get a clip across the ears!

I would have been murdered at home too. Would have to be too full to warrant it being run. Then it broke and was never replaced so that was the end of that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Kitchen-Side after putting the painting stuff back in the shed :)

Used or unused?????

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Used or unused?????

Used :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭gifted

northgirl wrote: »
    I don't know... It's a landlord.

Long text at 9 am this morning while I'm at work asking me why I'm turning down radiators etc. I don't earn near what I assume she does and I'm not wasteful. She ran the dishwasher last night which I don't use which had about 4 plates and a cup in it..

Sorry, I know I'm always moaning about the same thing but I don't think it's appropriate for her to a) be running the house to her rules and b) send me inappropriate communications instead of simply have a conversation.

I've agreed to speak to her tonight but it's going to be late. I'm absolutely sick from the nerves and I've a multitude of other stressors that ok aren't her problem but I'm trying to deal with.

I'm tempted to call the landlord but although I don't want to, wonder if I should have the conversation first..

Looks to me that you require the services of a few hard nuts who can handle themselves......Auto, Witchie, Persepoly......go get her lol lol

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

gifted wrote: »
    Looks to me that you require the services of a few hard nuts who can handle themselves......Auto, Witchie, Persepoly......go get her lol lol

Oi!. I want in if the written route does nowt..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

I will sit on her. That will sort her out. She will never complain again.

Just home from working in Starbucks. Not making coffee, writing stuff.

Wrecked. Another day of feeling crap from the attack of the coconut cubes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

On the bus my way home early to go trick or treating. Is it just me or are fireworks gradually going out of fashion? They used to be going off constantly from mid September onwards, but I could probably count on one hand the nights I've heard them this year. We're going to an organised display at balbriggan Harbour this evening, they put on a decent enough show. Worth heading down for a gander if you live nearby.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

gifted wrote: »

On the way NG :D

Carside enroute to Cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Autosport wrote: »

I'm in Waterford today if you want to pick me up along the way - it's been a while since I went on a good crusade!

Kitchenside, taking a break from playing snap with my nine year old cousin. He is crushing me.

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    I'm in Waterford today if you want to pick me up along the way - it's been a while since I went on a good crusade!

Kitchenside, taking a break from playing snap with my nine year old cousin. He is crushing me.

All welcome on this Hallowed eve.

She doesn't know I've watched 2 x Michael Myers movies in the last week :pac:

I just put in a call, You'll be stopped at the border and searched :3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I can hold your coats, outside.

Lighting the fire, prepping dinner, and settling in for a quiet night - unless unexpected trick or treaters spoil the solitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Whispered wrote: »
    Ah yes, it's very important to put it on well before the "scary event" or otherwise they can start to associate the coat with scary things and become afraid of the coat.

Glad you found something that works!

I know this belongs to another thread so I'll try keep it short here.

Another thing which helps, apart from the TV being up loud, hugging etc is I have the heating up full. This knocks us all out.

Its so difficulty looking at your dog that you love so much beside itself with terror and there's no reasoning with them, I can't imagine what goes through her poor head compared to my other dog who could live through a bombardment lol.

I just put in a call, You'll be stopped at the border and searched :3

Red Alert Sephy.. We're being invaded. 😂

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Wondering has Colser returned under a new name?

Wonder no more lol. Suffice to say she will never change phones again even though her new one is a bigger heap of crap than the last one.

We were right :eek:

:pac::D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

We were right :eek:

:pac::D

The Cork Massive is strong :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Officeside. Only 20 minutes left on my shift. Got a Smarties McFlurry dropped up to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Wonder no more lol. Suffice to say she will never change phones again even though her new one is a bigger heap of crap than the last one.

Yaaaay !!!

Thank fcuk you're alive :D

The mind creates crazy scenarios when people disappear :o.
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭gifted

Welcome back Colser...room in that duvet for me??? lol lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement