Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are you right now? Part 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

It’s just a bad back I’ll be grand in a few days it’s just awful right now because every single position seems unnatural to me. It hurts to lay down. It hurts to even cross one ankle over the other while lying in bed. It hurts to move onto my side. It’s impossible to stand up straight. I can’t walk because it feels like my legs are made from jelly and I’m all to one side. I’m a bit claustrophobic so I think that’s probably making me more upset than I need to be, knowing I can’t get out of my bedroom. I know in a few days this will have subsided and I’ll be fine but I’ve taken the absolute max amount of pills I’d even chance taking, and I feel sick probably from the difiene but I still can’t move and the pain is actually down my leg as far as my knees. We take our backs for granted but lord they really do control everything

Right if you haven't tried Versatis patches I'd urge you to get onto your doctor about them.

They're expensive if you've to pay but you should be covered if (and you sound like you would be) covered by the drugs sub scheme.
    And an osteopath, cannot recommend highly enough, then pilates forevermore to keep your back strong. I feel your pain.

I'm on the couch having cuddles before the start of the hoards arrive in from school. 7 to chop spuds for today.. I managed a gym class this morning, minus any jumping or running I kept up pretty well for a lady on crutches a few days ago. :D god it felt so good coming out knowing I'm on the mend.
    Now, to the spud press...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I had pizza for lunch.
    None left so there's no point on trying to come over for leftovers.

Sitting rather sleepily at my desk.
    Only come over for belly rubs.

Will you give the belly rubs?

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Anything for you NG. Fingers crossed for you later btw

Thanks so much. Hope you get some pain relief soon.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

northgirl wrote: »
    Will you give the belly rubs?
    you know it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Sending good vibes to you NG!

I'm back at home and full of McDonalds. Missing class, but oh well, I was at the jobcentre for ages. Plus I told the lecturer that I might not be able to make it. So for now it's chill time :)

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Sending good vibes to you NG!

I'm back at home and full of McDonalds. Missing class, but oh well, I was at the jobcentre for ages. Plus I told the lecturer that I might not be able to make it. So for now it's chill time :)

Thank you! I am SH*****G it until 5.30. How am I going to cope.

I would love a McDonalds later. If it goes well later I might venture out for one :

Enjoy your chill :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

northgirl wrote: »
    Thank you! I am SH*****G it until 5.30. How am I going to cope.

I would love a McDonalds later. If it goes well later I might venture out for one :

Enjoy your chill :D

Sometimes filters can be read differently.

SHAGGING?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

SHAGGING?

That's one way to distract yourself :pac:

Until 5:30....you'd want to stay hydrated.

SHAGGING?

Never at the office!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Jaysus, we could really do with a resident doctor for this thread....I hope everyone is getting properly minded and is adequately medicated!

I am horizontal and trying to fool myself in to thinking I'm working when I'm actually listening to cheesy pop from my childhood - S Club 7, Blue, and Busted in particular (all the classics!).

Edit: And fingers and toes crossed for you, NG!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

clockwatching and crashworthy. Weather has turned nasty and predictably my good neighbour the ferryman will not be able to commit either way until the morning.... That is what I was expecting so that is grand.. the fire went out and not bothering to relight it tonight , Just a wet, windy, winter while...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Off to rub Booms ........Baps :D

Or being chauffeured to McDonald's for a Mcflurry :D

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Samuel Vimes

Round 2
    On the way back to work
    Long days but worth it to spend time with herself.

Autosport wrote: »
    Off to rub Booms ........Baps :D

Or being chauffeured to McDonald's for a Mcflurry :D
    Both can happen at the same time

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Peasant wagon stuck in traffic

Round 2
    On the way back to work
    Long days but worth it to spend time with herself.

Make sure you mind yourself and don't burn out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Crossable limbs crossed NG

Doc took bloods, diagnosed bursitis and plantar fascitis to add to woes.. Ugh.

Know nothing about bursitis but it sounds sore, I've had plantar in my right foot a couple of times and it's ****ing sore. Half fill a plastic bottle with water and put it on its side in the freezer. Roll your foot on it occasionally, standing up. (you not the bottle :D) I alos found changing my heel height helped, (from flats to about an inch heel for a day or 2) feel for you.

Waiting on the 16 year old, lamenting that my bank card is now dead thanks to some fcuk trying his luck with it and waiting (up to 7 days :o) for a new one.
    I have to learn the new number now and change it everywhere.. The hassle. I hope the buggers enjoy the €1.27 they got from me before I stopped them in their tracks :D

cbyrd wrote: »
    Know nothing about bursitis but it sounds sore, I've had plantar in my right foot a couple of times and it's ****ing sore. Half fill a plastic bottle with water and put it on its side in the freezer. Roll your foot on it occasionally, standing up. (you not the bottle :D) I alos found changing my heel height helped, (from flats to about an inch heel for a day or 2) feel for you.

Waiting on the 16 year old, lamenting that my bank card is now dead thanks to some fcuk trying his luck with it and waiting (up to 7 days :o) for a new one.
    I have to learn the new number now and change it everywhere.. The hassle. I hope the buggers enjoy the €1.27 they got from me before I stopped them in their tracks :D

Golf ball is also excellent for the plantar. Roll it around under the foot. Loosens out the knots or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Train home! Early start ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Poitin still carpark after a serious dinner of roast beef nom nom

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Trying to message someone when their boards inbox is full
    :D

No mine is empty :(

Couchside

I says wrote: »
    Poitin still carpark after a serious dinner of roast beef nom nom

Love the food there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

*goes off to check my box* :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    *goes off to check my box* :pac:

Your box is always full

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just having dinner wondering is it the done thing to buy a present for the sibling of a birthday boy so nobody is left out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Emptying my box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Just having dinner wondering is it the done thing to buy a present for the sibling of a birthday boy so nobody is left out

We've done it many times. Absolutely acceptable and a nice thing to do too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,200 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Medicating with lovely, lovely pints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Deskside putting fingerprints on my iPad mini.:)

And following the real Brexit on boards as my tv broke down two month ago and radio is updating only every 30 minutes.:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement