Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P20 compatible with Nokia CK-7W?

Options
  • 14-10-2018 9:46pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully this hasn't been trashed out already as my search didn't get any answers.. I have a new Huawei P20 Pro all set up and ready to go BUT... it won't connect to my Nokia CK-7W car kit. It doesn't find it in it's search. My old Samsung S6 connects without a problem.

Are modern phones normally able to connect to older car kits?

Specifically, does anyone have a modern Huawei connecting to a Nokia CK-7W?

TIA.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

It should do, all BT standards are backwards compatible. You've definitely put the Nokia into pairing mode yeah?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

ED, probably not. I just turned on the ignition... how would I initiate pairing mode?

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 34 roryj

ED E wrote: »

you may also need to clear the memory of the car kit. i think the older kits could only remember 2 phones.

roryj wrote: »
    you may also need to clear the memory of the car kit. i think the older kits could only remember 2 phones.

In this case its one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Update: Huawei is now connecting to the car kit. A friend was playing with it and got it to work. I'd held in the car kit button previously in an effort to set it up to connect. I had the phone's bluetooth on already. There's an option in the menu under the Bluetooth heading called Huawei Share. It's description doesn't make it seem applicable but when you go into it, it tells you it needs to be on for bluetooth operations. He turned that on and we tried to search again. It connected after a while. It now connects the same as the old phone. Looks like I'm sorted.
    Thanks for all the help, and thanks for the manual. I will be saving that as it may come in useful.

Adam Grant

Advertisement