Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday 2017

Options
  • 14-10-2018 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm just wondering was there deals to be had on power meters & Computers last year on black friday.

Both are on my list for next year, but if i could get a deal on the black friday sales i'll pull the trigger now.

Also which sites offered the best deals on black friday, or did the cycling sites not get involved in black friday?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Hey all,

I'm just wondering was there deals to be had on power meters & Computers last year on black friday.

Both are on my list for next year, but if i could get a deal on the black friday sales i'll pull the trigger now.

Also which sites offered the best deals on black friday, or did the cycling sites not get involved in black friday?

Cheers

I couldn't tell you if their was deals on power meters last year but i did notice that it was the first year when i've actually seen good deals on a range of cycling stuff on black Friday.

Before that it was just a fad TBH.
    I'm hoping for more of the same this year and hoping to pick up some of those Cycliq lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Do Amazon sell what you're looking for? They tend to have black Friday deals, though I'm not sure how good they've been the last couple of years. I got an Edge 500 for £90 in 2013 which was a good price at the time.

More and more sites are getting in on the hype, but like with any sale, make sure you know what prices are good/acceptable to you beforehand.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,414 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Dolan Bikes have had 10% off everything sales on the past 2 Black Fridays, but they don't do PMs

For PMs though I would always suggest Powermeter24. They often have something on offer and are generally cheaper than UK&I (even with a weakened GBP)

Power2Max also have a few of their models on sale at present. It's difficult to evaluate savings there though as they are the only sellers of their own stuff in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

The FSA Powerbox is a rebadged Power2max, is widely available and can be got for a bit less than €500 depending on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Euro Fred

I remember Base2Race having great deals last year, not sure about powermeters but it may be an idea to sign up to their newsletter/FB/Twitter etc

Wheelworx also had some massive discounts too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Slightly off topic but Eurosport had a good deal for their player - less than a 5er for a year subscription - I'll be keeping an eye on that again

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

I couldn't tell you if their was deals on power meters last year but i did notice that it was the first year when i've actually seen good deals on a range of cycling stuff on black Friday.

Before that it was just a fad TBH.
    I'm hoping for more of the same this year and hoping to pick up some of those Cycliq lights.

Sigma sports have a good deal on them. New model €400 the pair. Not sure how low they can go after that

Advertisement