Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning trains and parking

Options
  • 15-10-2018 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

Hi

Would you get seat on the 7.30 train? And where is the best place to park? Thinking of possibily driving to Louisa Bridge either as I believe parking there is better but probably little chance of a seat.

TiA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Depends on which station you're referring to..

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You'll get a seat (sharing a pair) at Louisa on that train the vast majority of the time (or the 7:55 even).

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

You'll never get a seat on the 7.02 or 7.37 trains at louisa bridge that's for sure! I only refer to those two as they are direct to pearse so I never get the one in the middle but I'd say that one get very full will Intel shift change staff

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ChewChew wrote: »
    You'll never get a seat on the 7.02 or 7.37 trains at louisa bridge that's for sure! I only refer to those two as they are direct to pearse so I never get the one in the middle but I'd say that one get very full will Intel shift change staff

Forgot the 0730 (at Maynooth, 0737 at Louisa) is ex-Longford. Both those trains will have no seats at Louisa. Anything that starts in Maynooth will have seats but go down the platform, don't hang around the stairs.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

L1011 wrote: »
    Forgot the 0730 (at Maynooth, 0737 at Louisa) is ex-Longford. Both those trains will have no seats at Louisa. Anything that starts in Maynooth will have seats but go down the platform, don't hang around the stairs.

They're both the same. I need to be in the office for 8 so I just get the 7.02. Usually standing in the middle of the isle means you'll get a seat around broombridge or Drumcondra and it leaves you bit more breathing space!

• Advertisement
Advertisement