Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Issues

• 15-10-2018 8:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Morning Folks, I have been having huge difficult with my broadband in the last 2 months. Called into the stores who sent emails on my behalf, no response to date. I sent E-Mails, no response to date. Between myself and my wife, we have spent several hours on hold to customer service, without actually speaking to someone.

Can Boards rescue me????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Steveirl2010

Hi Eir Customer Support

Im a new customer 1 week and thinking of cancelling due to the issues over the w/e you had.

what are EIR doing to re-imburse customers? What are they doing for apolagies?
    Why has no email been sent in light of the issues over the w/e which was nation wide?
    Why cant i get through on he support lines? i hung up after 25mins waiting.

IF no reply today i will Cancel and go back to SKY who are a lot faster.

Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Morning Folks, I have been having huge difficult with my broadband in the last 2 months. Called into the stores who sent emails on my behalf, no response to date. I sent E-Mails, no response to date. Between myself and my wife, we have spent several hours on hold to customer service, without actually speaking to someone.

Can Boards rescue me????
    Hi there heffomike54

Thank you for getting in touch. If you're having issues with your BB, I would suggest contacting the Technical Support Team directly at 1890260260 or log a fault via your "my eir" account.

Has the store confirmed that they haven't received an email response as of yet?

-Kyle

Hi Eir Customer Support

Im a new customer 1 week and thinking of cancelling due to the issues over the w/e you had.

what are EIR doing to re-imburse customers? What are they doing for apolagies?
    Why has no email been sent in light of the issues over the w/e which was nation wide?
    Why cant i get through on he support lines? i hung up after 25mins waiting.

IF no reply today i will Cancel and go back to SKY who are a lot faster.

Stephen
    Hi there Stephen

Unfortunately we do not deal with compensation for any outages here. In order to speak to someone about this, I would suggest calling 1901 directly. We are aware of the call-waiting times and sincerely apologies for this. We posted updates about this on Boards or on our Support Page

-Kyle

Hi Kyle,
    i rang the cancellation team, the waiting time said 10mins.
    I got through after 25mins.
    After speaking to the representive for 5mins i asked about compensation he said he would put me on hold to speak to his manager on it.  42 mins later I hung up as hold music was still playing
    Do you call this a service?  do you think we as paying customers should be paying for this Cr%p
    im cancelling this service as it doesnt exist !!  its a shambles of a company.

Hi Kyle,
    After speaking to the representive for 5mins i asked about compensation he said he would put me on hold to speak to his manager on it.  42 mins later I hung up as hold music was still playing
    Do you call this a service?  do you think we as paying customers should be paying for this Cr%p
    Hi there Steveeirl2010

So sorry to hear what happened as this is not the level of service we aim to provide our customers. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the Retention Team now

-Kyle

• Advertisement

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi Kyle,
    Hi there Steveeirl2010

So sorry to hear what happened as this is not the level of service we aim to provide our customers. I will be sure to pass your feedback onto the Retention Team now

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,

Go ahead and do that please.
    This is the level of support you guys are at right now consistently as ive been contacting you for 1 week now
    Its a joke of a company.

Above your asking someone else to pay for the call by ringing 1890 number because they cannot get through on 1901

im expecting a Call Back from yesterday after being left on hold for so long.

Who is calling me back ? 

Hi Kyle,
    Hi there Steveeirl2010

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,

This is the level of support you guys are at right now consistently as ive been contacting you for 1 week now
    Its a joke of a company.

Above your asking someone else to pay for the call by ringing 1890 number because they cannot get through on 1901

Who is calling me back ? 
    Hi Steveirl2010

We are aware of the call-waiting times and sincerely apologies for the delays when you call in. The 1890 number is our Tech Support team that deals with all technical queries (troubleshooting, service issues etc). This is not something we would be able to assist with here so need to direct them to the correct department

-Kyle

Hi Kyle,
    Hi there Steveeirl2010

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,

Its a joke of a company.

Who is calling me back ? 
    Hi Steveirl2010

We are aware of the call-waiting times and sincerely apologies for the delays when you call in. The 1890 number is our Tech Support team that deals with all technical queries (troubleshooting, service issues etc). This is not something we would be able to assist with here so need to direct them to the correct department

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,

Is the 1890 number free?
    Do you expect people to pay for 40 mins calls? 
    Please organise Callbacks then
    When are you going to sort the call times? your going to have lots of people breaking contracts and stopping direct debits and comreg contacting you if the service along with the support does not improve !

- Stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

I understand Stephen however call wait times can very and due to high levels of calls in queue we are unable to schedule call backs at the moment.

I can assure you however that your call will be answered in the order it is received.

You can call 1901 free phone to contact Tech support also.

Thanks,

Sarah

Sarah think before you type.

If you read my above comments - i've waited 25mins to get through i then speak to a customer service representive
    how can i then be put on hold for 12 mins while a representive deals with my complaint. How is that possible after waiting 25mins to get through.

Get a bigger call centre with more staff or be prepared to lose customers !!

Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Happy to say my issues have been resolved (fingers crossed they stay that way) Thanks to all the Eir staff on here for their help, it must be tough work, so keep the head folks!

Happy to say my issues have been resolved (fingers crossed they stay that way) Thanks to all the Eir staff on here for their help, it must be tough work, so keep the head folks!
    did u get compensation?

More than welcome

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

did u get compensation?
    I didnt seek compensation

It really does show how bad EIR are.

all my issues and still have heard back nothing.

8 days i sent an email and no reply.

Comreg are taking over my complaint after 10 days so im happy with that.

even though my cooling off period is over ive heard nothing on my issues or over charge of 1st bill.
    So from my side im still on a cooling off period and will be getting out of this soon.

Thanks to Comreg that can act on my behalf, I will soon see EIR reply and contact me.

They have to be the WORST customer service ive ever dealt with and im 42 years of age. Absolutely useless. IF anyone is planning on signing up DONT - its not worth it.

Regards
    Stephen

Advertisement