Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orbea Orca M20iTeam D or Cannondale Synapse HiMod...

Options
  • 15-10-2018 9:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

thats basically what my choice of new bike is down to.
    Synapse will be last years Team Edition frameset built up with Ultegra di2 disc and seatpost/stem/bars/wheels still to be decided, depends on budget really.

Orca is same ultegra di2 disc, with their top of the range OMR frame.

What would everyone go for of these 2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Are they not two very different bikes, Synapse is more endurance style where the Orca is very much race geometry?

I've ridden a synapse and a supersix and really liked them both, synapse was on holidays but was a lovely bike, really liked it. I'll say that for what ever reason Cannondale bikes seem to look a lot better in person than they do in the photo's. The only thing I wasn't mad on on my supersix was the BB30, creaking can be an issue with them.

No experience with Orca other than I think their bikes look great. Would you be buying through their MY 0 scheme too that lets you do some custom on the colour?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

joey100 wrote: »
    Are they not two very different bikes, Synapse is more endurance style where the Orca is very much race geometry?

I've ridden a synapse and a supersix and really liked them both, synapse was on holidays but was a lovely bike, really liked it. I'll say that for what ever reason Cannondale bikes seem to look a lot better in person than they do in the photo's. The only thing I wasn't mad on on my supersix was the BB30, creaking can be an issue with them.

No experience with Orca other than I think their bikes look great. Would you be buying through their MY 0 scheme too that lets you do some custom on the colour?

Yeah they are different, I've loved the Synapse since renting one in Girona a few years back, and that paintscheme looks great in person. I realise its more relaxed/a bit heavier than the Orca. With the Orca I love the option to customise the colours, and yes I'd be doing exactly that. I realise its a lot more racey but I'm happy to give that a go. I've ridden my brother's canyon ultimate a lot and its racey enough and I've found it fantastic.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,412 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

terrydel wrote: »
    HiMod...
    Hi DelBoy...

:)

Beasty wrote: »
    Hi DelBoy...

:)

? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭dogsears

I have a 2017 Orbea Orca M20i Team and i love it. I got it through the MyO option and did get the customised paint, name on the top tube etc. I don't feel any disadvantage in terms of comfort etc from the geometry and I am decidely not a racer, or young or athletic or especially light. Racy or not I was able to get the measurements to line up almost exactly with a recommendation from a bike fit, so even at the end of a long day I have no concerns about undue discomfort from my on the bike position. If you're anywhere near Cork you're welcome to come and have a look.

• Advertisement

dogsears wrote: »
    I have a 2017 Orbea Orca M20i Team and i love it. I got it through the MyO option and did get the customised paint, name on the top tube etc. I don't feel any disadvantage in terms of comfort etc from the geometry and I am decidely not a racer, or young or athletic or especially light. Racy or not I was able to get the measurements to line up almost exactly with a recommendation from a bike fit, so even at the end of a long day I have no concerns about undue discomfort from my on the bike position. If you're anywhere near Cork you're welcome to come and have a look.

Thanks for the info and very kind offer, I'm up in Wicklow tho so no chance of taking you up on it at the moment unfortunately.
    I don't race myself, tho I'm a pretty decent climber and light, but wouldn't be overly flexible. I'm not too concerned about the geometry and as you say it's nothing a bike fit couldn't sort.

Advertisement