Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365online not working reliably via Google Chrome

Options
  • 15-10-2018 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi BOI,

When using Chrome I'm unable to reliably log into 365 Online. Sometimes it works fine but a lot of the time I'm getting an "Unsupported Action" exception with the following message: 
    For security reasons the use of the back, forward and refresh buttons of the browser are not recommended and may result in your session being timed out. Your session may also be terminated if you perform another action while the page is still loading.
    Your session has been terminated and you have been logged out.

I have tested this on two different laptops and I'm getting the same errors on both. Everything works fine on FireFox.

Both laptops were running Windows 10 with the latest version of the Chrome browser. I've tried deleting all browsing history, caches etc but I'm getting the same issue. 

Could you have a look at this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Not working for me on any browser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi BOI,

When using Chrome I'm unable to reliably log into 365 Online. Sometimes it works fine but a lot of the time I'm getting an "Unsupported Action" exception with the following message: 
    For security reasons the use of the back, forward and refresh buttons of the browser are not recommended and may result in your session being timed out. Your session may also be terminated if you perform another action while the page is still loading.
    Your session has been terminated and you have been logged out.

I have tested this on two different laptops and I'm getting the same errors on both. Everything works fine on FireFox.

Both laptops were running Windows 10 with the latest version of the Chrome browser. I've tried deleting all browsing history, caches etc but I'm getting the same issue. 

Could you have a look at this?

Thanks.

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us through Boards.
    Can I ask if you would be clicking any of the options or buttons within your profile twice, even while waiting for a page to load as this can cause the system to log you out and that message to show on your account.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭The Machine

Can I ask if you would be clicking any of the options or buttons within your profile twice, even while waiting for a page to load as this can cause the system to log you out and that message to show on your account.

No, I am not using any of the browser Forward/Back buttons etc. Or clicking the mouse while the page is loading.

No, I am not using any of the browser Forward/Back buttons etc. Or clicking the mouse while the page is loading.

Sorry just to be clear have you been double clicking any of the options on the 365 online profile (not the forward and back buttons on the browser). Also does the system allow you to log in at all or are you given the quoted message as soon as you enter in your log in details.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.

Sorry just to be clear have you been double clicking any of the options on the 365 online profile (not the forward and back buttons on the browser). Also does the system allow you to log in at all or are you given the quoted message as soon as you enter in your log in details.
    Thanks again,
    Darren.
    No I haven't been double clicking on any of the options withing the 365 profile. 
    As mentioned it works perfectly on FireFox but there does seem to be some issue with it working reliably on Chrome.

• Advertisement

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    No I haven't been double clicking on any of the options withing the 365 profile. 
    As mentioned it works perfectly on FireFox but there does seem to be some issue with it working reliably on Chrome.

Thanks for that and just so I have all the information can I ask if it is giving you the error message as soon as you log in or does it only come up after a few minutes of using the site?

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Thanks for that and just so I have all the information can I ask if it is giving you the error message as soon as you log in or does it only come up after a few minutes of using the site?

Thanks again,
    Darren.
    It comes up in the first or second of the log in screens. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi The Machine,

If you have the website saved in your favourites on the laptops, could you delete and see if this helps?

Many Thanks
    Alison

I thought that might have been the problem too (i.e. going to a stale bookmark) but didn't seem to fix the issue either. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi The Machine,

Thanks for checking that. It might be best to give our Team a call while you have access to the laptop on 0818 365 365 / 00353 140 44000 and the Advisor can go through some trouble shooting with you to see if this may help.
    The Team are available Mon-Fri 8am-12 midnight, Weekends 9am-6pm.

Many Thanks
    Alison

• Advertisement
Advertisement