Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiroom box - no power

• 15-10-2018 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭

Hi,

I rang your call centre last week for an issue with one of my multiroom boxes - there's no power going into the box. All that is wrong is the adapter / cable is faulty. This just needs to be replaced - i've checked the box with a cable from another box and it works fine. On the call, I explained this to your rep, however he is insosting on sending out a tech tomorrow between 08:30 and 12:30. I requested a call beforehand to ensure there is someone there - and was told that this wasn't possible. I'm in work at that time and my wife's mother is in hospital so it is possible that I will miss the tech, again I explained this and was told that if i missed the tech another appointment would need to be made.

Also note that the call took 1 hour in total so please don't ask me to ring again.

This is rediculious when all that needs to be replaced is a power adapter / plug.

Would it be possible to just send it out in the post saving both my time and yours.

Kind regards

Gavin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Bhoy1967 wrote: »
    Hi,

I rang your call centre last week for an issue with one of my multiroom boxes - there's no power going into the box. All that is wrong is the adapter / cable is faulty. This just needs to be replaced - i've checked the box with a cable from another box and it works fine. On the call, I explained this to your rep, however he is insosting on sending out a tech tomorrow between 08:30 and 12:30. I requested a call beforehand to ensure there is someone there - and was told that this wasn't possible. I'm in work at that time and my wife's mother is in hospital so it is possible that I will miss the tech, again I explained this and was told that if i missed the tech another appointment would need to be made.

Also note that the call took 1 hour in total so please don't ask me to ring again.

This is rediculious when all that needs to be replaced is a power adapter / plug.

Would it be possible to just send it out in the post saving both my time and yours.

Kind regards

Gavin
    Hi there Gavin

I completely understand your frustration in regards to calling in but we won't be able to assist you with this here. Have you tried calling the Technical Support Team directly at 1890260260 and asked them about a replacement adapter/plug? If you haven't, please give them a call and explain exactly what you have posted here and I'm sure they will be able to assist

-Kyle

Advertisement