Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRSA or Executive pension?

• 15-10-2018 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

I'm sure this has been asked countless times, but taking into account latest Budget etc, is it better to open a PRSA (or several), or a single Executive pension when it comes to maximising funds after tax on retirement?

I'm the director of a ltd company with one employee (me)

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

EPP

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭St1mpMeister

EPP

right, Exec Pension Plan

and what are the main benefits over PRSA?

From what I understand the PRSA gets charged USC, whereas pension plans do not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

+1 EPP

More options as to how you can calculate your tax-free lump sum at retirement. Scope for the company to put larger contributions into an EPP than a PRSA.

On the other hand, you can have multiple PRSAs and can retire them at different times. You can't do that with an EPP.

In another thread you mention that you're dealing with a financial advisor. This worries me as this is fairly basic stuff that an advisor should be explaining to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭St1mpMeister

Admittedly I did enquire on this forum about recommendations for a financial adviser last year and wasn't given any.

Too late now :)

Advertisement