Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dead Router

Options
  • 15-10-2018 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭

We're only with Eir 6 months and our Router is dead. Happened Friday afternoon, before the DNS issues. Trying to get it sorted since. Spent 31 minutes today (read €4.50 that we'll want back on our bill) in the queue for Tech Support for Tech Support to have an issue where my call could not be connected to a representative.

Now I've been in chat waiting for a further 33 minutes and am on a neighbour's WiFi (thank you neighbour) trying to get this sorted. I just want a new darned router sent out to replace the dead one - simples!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Dutchology wrote: »
    We're only with Eir 6 months and our Router is dead. Happened Friday afternoon, before the DNS issues. Trying to get it sorted since. Spent 31 minutes today (read €4.50 that we'll want back on our bill) in the queue for Tech Support for Tech Support to have an issue where my call could not be connected to a representative.

Now I've been in chat waiting for a further 33 minutes and am on a neighbour's WiFi (thank you neighbour) trying to get this sorted. I just want a new darned router sent out to replace the dead one - simples!!
    Hi Dutchology, 

We are aware of issues with trying to get through to ourselves, we have posted an announcement online here 

I'm afraid the support team on 1890 260 260 will need to arrange for a new modem to be sent out to you, they'll also troubleshoot with you to identify the issue. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Dutchology wrote: »

Hi there Dutchology

So sorry to hear about your service. The only department that will be able to assist with this, is our Technical Support Team at 1890260260 and issue a new device if necessary.

-Kyle

Advertisement