Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit discussion thread V - No Pic/GIF dumps please

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Username checks out.

---

Gove is living in a post facts facts world where he's trying to dilute his pro-brexit stance to fit with today's narrative: and any straw he can clutch at will do.

---

Any clips of BoJo at the DUP Árd Fheis?

Apparently he confirmed that George Lucas is back directing Star Wars films :D

It's cringeworthy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Water John wrote: »
    JIT was used as the products allegedly couldn't be stored, so stock piling would not be an option to JIT. Sounds like a porkie. The only product that would qualify in water treatment is Ozone and you manufacture that onsite if required.
    Gove wanted cover as to why he changed his mind on No Deal Brexit.
    I'm saying his story has no basis, pathetic fig leaf.

And how do you go about manufacturing it on site in industrial quantities? When do you bite the bullet and decide you need to start manufacturing ozone? After you've decided to manufacture on site and every other water purification site has decided to do the same is there enough of the equipment required to meet demand? Easier said than done.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Shelf life has nothing to do with JIT

Well indeed but it's extremely relevant to stockpiling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

RobMc59 wrote: »
    As a Belgian MEP warned-the spectre of a rogue UK looms on the horizon-not good for anyone...
    It must be pretty gloomy/embarrassing thinking of your country in those terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Not going to drag the thread sideways but Ozone is made by electrical discharge on dry air, no need for import. BTW it's what should be used in all swimming pools, not bloody chlorus/chlorine.

I don't think there is any way of disinfecting Brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Username checks out.

---

Gove is living in a post facts facts world where he's trying to dilute his pro-brexit stance to fit with today's narrative: and any straw he can clutch at will do.

---

Any clips of BoJo at the DUP Árd Fheis?

Had to laugh at his reference to the new vassal state of “ukni”.

https://youtu.be/AjubxheN6ME

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

You're not on the right team when the DUP are cheering for you.

You're just not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

20silkcut wrote: »
    Had to laugh at his reference to the new vassal state of “ukni”.

https://youtu.be/AjubxheN6ME

A BBC journo corrected him on twitter, about the Titanic, it was built in Ireland not NI, NI didnt exist at the time :D

Water John wrote: »
    Not going to drag the thread sideways but Ozone is made by electrical discharge on dry air, no need for import. BTW it's what should be used in all swimming pools, not bloody chlorus/chlorine.

I don't think there is any way of disinfecting Brexit.
    Poster 1:Ozone is easy to make!
    Poster 2:How easy is easy?
    Poster 1: Shut up I don't want to talk about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭20silkcut

Bambi wrote: »
    A BBC journo corrected him on twitter, about the Titanic, it was built in Ireland not NI, NI didnt exist at the time :D

Who is the IRA sympathizer that he refers to at that start that he says he got rid of? Really playing to his audience with that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭cml387

When is the actual debate and vote?

I see from twitter that a gigantic television platform is being built on the green.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,915 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

cml387 wrote: »
    When is the actual debate and vote?

I see from twitter that a gigantic television platform is being built on the green.

The first or second week of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shelga

She only has to get 320 votes out of 650 seats in the House of Commons- is that correct? Is that really going to be so hard to do? If 50-60% of Tories vote for it, and 40% of Labour, would that be enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

If the deal fails in the HoC, I'm certain May will resign. She is backing this 100% and her position just won't be tenable if she can't get it through.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

If the deal fails in the HoC, I'm certain May will resign. She is backing this 100% and her position just won't be tenable if she can't get it through.
    Doubt it; May will only leave the position as PM kicking and screaming trying to hold on to the table in front of her because if not she'd threatened a new election if the Tories did not support her or similar at this stage. Having said that once they crash out I expect she'll be kicked out in short order (because no one wants to be held responsible for the cluster**** that Brexit is); hence her position as PM will end most likely in April in one way or the other.

Shelga wrote: »
    She only has to get 320 votes out of 650 seats in the House of Commons- is that correct? Is that really going to be so hard to do? If 50-60% of Tories vote for it, and 40% of Labour, would that be enough?

Labour are currently going to vote against it en mass as are 80 tories is the perceived wisdom.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,126 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

Shelga wrote: »

Labour`s plan seems to be that if May fails to get it through there will be a GE. Difficult to see many Labour MP`s breaking ranks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Labour UK could really capitalise by supporting the call for a people's vote. I can't make sense of their position.

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Labour UK could really capitalise by supporting the call for a people's vote. I can't make sense of their position.

Corbin hates the EU. Simple as. He wants out too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,939 ✭✭✭✭josip

Was Theresa May a soft Remainer before the referendum?
    It would explain a lot of what's happened over the past 2 years if she decided to undermine Brexit from the front to the point where Britain ultimately decided to remain in the EU.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭O'Neill

I really don't think a peope's vote is going to solve anything. In fact in my opinion it will make things worse. I honestly think we just need to see this nonsense out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Corbin hates the EU. Simple as. He wants out too

Corbin is walking a tightrope.
    He knows his support overwhelmingly wants to remain however he also knows that the EU is not supportive of his vision for re-nationalisation, they would block many of his plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,618 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

They are woefully inadequate when you see the nonsense they have been coming out today.

Their Twitter account posted the following earlier.

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1066708587857117185

The sheer audacity of suggesting she needs to ditch this deal and comeback with the deal which they have proposed is 'hurler on the ditchery' of the highest order.

The UK electorate should weep at the ineptitude of everyone who is 'representing' them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Corbyn wants a general election and to get into power at any cost.

If subjecting the country to a no deal brexit is needed to achieve that he will do that, despite the fact that it will certainly harm the many and not the few who will benefit from it.

Any other Labour leader in history would have done it differently, but instead you have him. He's even worse than his predecessor, which is quite something in itself.

British Politics is at an all time low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭flatty

O'Neill wrote: »
    I really don't think a peope's vote is going to solve anything. In fact in my opinion it will make things worse. I honestly think we just need to see this nonsense out.
    Better to see it out from a status quo than from a palpably worse position imho.

devnull wrote: »
    Corbyn wants a general election and to get into power at any cost.

If subjecting the country to a no deal brexit is needed to achieve that he will do that, despite the fact that it will certainly harm the many and not the few who will benefit from it.

Any other Labour leader in history would have done it differently, but instead you have him. He's even worse than his predecessor, which is quite something in itself.

British Politics is at an all time low.

I actually think he prefers being the leader of the opposition. No power, no responsibility, an army of fans telling him how good he would be and no one actually questioning his policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Blunder on RTE Six One News,Kate Egan said almost eighteen months after UK people voted for Brexit.The referendum was June 23 2016,twenty nine months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,126 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

They are woefully inadequate when you see the nonsense they have been coming out today.

Their Twitter account posted the following earlier.

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1066708587857117185

The sheer audacity of suggesting she needs to ditch this deal and comeback with the deal which they have proposed is 'hurler on the ditchery' of the highest order.

The UK electorate should weep at the ineptitude of everyone who is 'representing' them.

I`m not sure how much nonsense it is.
    Looks more like Labour getting their spoke in early with an eye to a GE. Vote us in and we can get this deal.
    Nonsense in that regard, but not for what I suspect is the true reasoning behind it

charlie14 wrote: »
    I`m not sure how much nonsense it is.
    Looks more like Labour getting their spoke in early with an eye to a GE. Vote us in and we can get this deal.
    Nonsense in that regard, but not for what I suspect is the true reasoning behind it

It's. f*cking. nonsense.

They suggested in the last week or so that there was time for a GE and for them to renegotiate with the EU before the 29th of March.

It's like telling a child that if they go to sleep now they can get up in an hour and watch television. It's embarrassing to be using such vacuous tactics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭Enzokk

It's. f*cking. nonsense.

They suggested in the last week or so that there was time for a GE and for them to renegotiate with the EU before the 29th of March.

It's like telling a child that if they go to sleep now they can get up in an hour and watch television. It's embarrassing to be using such vacuous tactics.

What are they supposed to do though? They obviously feel that right now they cannot come out and state they want to ignore the referendum result. This is due to their leader being a euro skeptic and their MPs are probably getting noise from their constituents about Brexit as well.

They are in opposition and they should oppose the government. They are not there to make it easy for the Tories to stay in power. Unfortunately the path that is best for the country is no Brexit but that is very difficult to support for either parties. This doesn't make it right, just the way it is.

In saying all those things in their defence, they have been useless in opposition even with the open goal the Tories have been giving to them. This is due to their leader who seems to be in favour of leaving the EU so he is happy to get his cake and eat it as well. They could leave and he could be leader as well. Just another politician who will screw his voters for his own personal goals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement