Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brexit discussion thread V - No Pic/GIF dumps please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Water John wrote: »
    People might need to learn the history of Strasbourg and how it has moved back and forth between France and Germany.

Strasbourg is having issues of it's own (as of 2hrs ago), possibly a non-eu aspect to it, but nothing confirmed, as he hasn't be caught as of yet.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46530265

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Can she survive?

Quite possibly!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I can't see how. The opposition, ERG and DUP will probably vote against her.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If the moderate MPs can agree on one alternative, she's a gonner.
    DUP have no vote in the Tories.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Its a Tory party internal no confidence vote, she will win, but if it's close she may resign.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Quite possibly!

If she does they can't hold another vote for 12 months on her leadership.

The whole thing beggars belief, just when you think that it can't get any more chaotic there is always something more that happens, honestly they're a laughing stock at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

It's only a vote for Tory members

Here's the thing. If she survives, there can't be another heave against her for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The DUP don't get to vote. Only Tory MPs.

It's only a vote for Tory members

Of course. I was thinking of Corbyn putting down a vote. But he funked that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Maybe he happened to be correct to leave the Tories fester, esp after yesterday's chicken run.
    Lb have said it's not a question of if but when they table a no confidence motion.

Water John wrote: »
    Maybe he happened to be correct to leave the Tories fester, esp after yesterday's chicken run.
    Lb have said it's not a question of if but when they table a no confidence motion.

Yeah, that was Yates's take on it on Newstalk today. Let them tear each other apart and then step in. But the 48 may have taken his option away depending on how the vote goes. 120 days to Brexit and the Tories are focused on party politics. Rome, Nero, fiddle etc.

Of course. I was thinking of Corbyn putting down a vote. But he funked that.

He might still. Especially now.

He might still. Especially now.

He might indeed. That would be some mess. Two votes of no confidence at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think the word 'clusterf##k' was invented just for Brexit.

What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Here's the thing. If she survives, there can't be another heave against her for 12 months.

Is that correct? This vote refers only to the Tory Party leadership doesn't it? It has nothing to do with the Parliament per se, only that those voting are all MPs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,175 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Strazdas wrote: »
    Is that correct? This vote refers only to the Tory Party leadership doesn't it? It has nothing to do with the Parliament per se, only that those voting are all MPs

There can’t be another Tory internal vote against her for 12 months. Of course she could always be toppled in a vote of no confidence in the government.

Yeah if she wins the Tory leadership challenge then she's untouchable for a year (in theory but this is brexit after all) a parliamentary vote of no confidence can come whenever.

Yup. According to Tory rules there can't be another vote for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

If it were to come to a parliamentary vote would 48 + Labour + DUP + SNP do it?

I understand some parties (DUP, maybe some ERG members) may not fancy a general election.

• Advertisement

I understand some parties (DUP, maybe some ERG members) may not fancy a general election.

Everyone against the Tories would have the numbers hence the need for the DUP's support in the first place . I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

Yup. According to Tory rules there can't be another vote for 12 months.

Oh really? That's a very strict rule then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

It's a complete dumpster fire at this point, a country with no functioning government, that continues to throw everything it can on the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

The 48 Tories who have allegedly submitted letters would of course not vote down the Tory government. The two things are entirely different.

murphaph wrote: »
    The 48 Tories who have allegedly submitted letters would of course not vote down the Tory government. The two things are entirely different.

Not necessarily vote down the government. In all honesty who knows?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

Inquitus wrote: »
    It's a complete dumpster fire at this point, a country with no functioning government, that continues to throw everything it can on the fire.

Sterling took another small drop of 0.30p as those rumors of a leadership challenge came out. Expect it to take another dump should it be confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Anyone see Gregory Campbell troll Elmar Brok on the 9 news there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Anybody watching primetime?

There's a German diplomat who may not be familiar with the DUP telling Gregory Campbell "Don't talk to me that way"

LoL :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,228 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I'm sure anyone who has been watching any of the outside broadcasts from the house of commons would have seen that guy holding the anti Brexit placard, he even got a giant pole when TV stations raised their outside studio on platforms.

His name is Steve Bray and today he was removed from College Green by the police and warned about "criminal damage of a live broadcast".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,817 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Anyone see Gregory Campbell troll Elmar Brok on the 9 news they're?

Amazing. The DUP haven't changed one iota. Roundly beaten in his argument he turns to invective and abuse. Paisley will never be dead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement