Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kipling bags / alternative

• 15-10-2018 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭

I love Kipling bags: had a couple before and they are well designed and made, and last for years.

They are pretty expensive, though: and I've got a minor financial crisis right now - need to be thrifty for a while.
    I wonder if any of you savvy fashionisters can suggest a cheaper substitute?

I like a capacious shoulder bag with front and back pockets as well as a spacious main compartment; not a rucksack-y kind of thing, but clearly a shoulder bag, that can go anywhere except for evening.

Any suggestions? :)

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I love them too - own far too many. Love the bright colours and that they're washable.

There's a knock-off brand. I saw them at the Knitting and Stitching show.

Also, if you try TK Maxx, they often have Kiplings discounted. Arnotts will have a sale in January too.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Day Lewin wrote:
    I like a capacious shoulder bag with front and back pockets as well as a spacious main compartment; not a rucksack-y kind of thing, but clearly a shoulder bag, that can go anywhere except for evening.

Also worth having a look on eBay. I don't buy bags new any more. Great value on eBay.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Amazon often have them at discount prices as does the shop in Kildare Village.

Advertisement